Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jsugarman2005

Help with CPU cooler/ Case clearance.

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi everyone! My case, the Corsair RGB 220t Airflow has a maximum CPU cooler height of 160mm. The CPU cooler that I want to order is 158mm+3mm for the cromax heat sink cover. Normally,. I would avoid this because its too tall. However, On PcPartPicker, I saw a build with the same parts, and it looked like it fit. If someone could give me some advice here it will be much appreciated. :) Thanks!

1mm probably won't make or break you.  It sounds like the heat sink cover is removable anyways, so worst case scenario, you'll just have to take it off, right?  

#Muricaparrotgang

1 hour ago, Rybo said:

1mm probably won't make or break you.  It sounds like the heat sink cover is removable anyways, so worst case scenario, you'll just have to take it off, right?  

Yeah i guess, but to get the heat sink cover is like $15, its only $15 but still don't really wanna spend that and not use it...

2 hours ago, jsugarman2005 said:

Yeah i guess, but to get the heat sink cover is like $15, its only $15 but still don't really wanna spend that and not use it...

Fair enough.  Do you have a pc part picker account?  I feel like it lets you comment on builds -- maybe you can ask the person with the build (or anybody there who may have actually built it, if it's a generic build) if there were any clearance issues?  

#Muricaparrotgang

1 hour ago, Rybo said:

Fair enough.  Do you have a pc part picker account?  I feel like it lets you comment on builds -- maybe you can ask the person with the build (or anybody there who may have actually built it, if it's a generic build) if there were any clearance issues?  

Yeah, I do. I forgot about that. But, I think i'm just going to go with a different cooler with same thermals fro less, thank though!