Thinking about a Dual System build

Blindsay

Hey all,

Thinking about building a dual pc system where I combine my gaming pc and a small unraid server (mostly plex). 

The case I am leanings towards right now is the Phanteks Enthoo Pro II but I would also consider something like the 1000D (or if there is another good one that I am missing)

I am waiting on the Ryzen 4000 series chips before I may a decision on the CPU but it would be likely the Ryzen 4900 or a 10850K for the main system and an i3-10100 for the unraid box (Want Intel for the iGPU for plex)

GPU will be my existing 2080S (already has a block on it and is watercooled in my current system)

The first question I am pondering is if the Enthoo Pro II will be able to comfortably fit everything. I know it is designed for 2 systems but adding in a custom loop for both cpus and the gpu as well as at least 4x 3.5" drives (plus enough radiators pumps res etc). I feel it might get cramped?

Next I am thinking about 1 loop vs 2 loops and if i could even get away with 1 loop. If i did one loop I would have to make sure the pump turned on for either PC and then of course that means they are fairly tied together as far as maintenance at that point. If i do dual loops then with 2 pumps and 2 res

I really like my current Corsair HX750i power supply but I think the Phanteks Revolt X seems best for dual systems. 

For the color scheme I am thinking of Black/Chrome and then I will probably set the RGB to white for accent lighting. 

Thoughts?

Current system for reference

DSC_0190.thumb.JPG.9a2e7c5e66eca060fd0436ec77a83bc5.JPG

This was like a VERY rough idea that i was thinking.

480mm in the front for the Gaming PC, 360 or 240 on the top for the unraid server. Was thinking 2x of the EK flat res/pump combo (assuming there is enough space for the pump to poke out the back).

Alternatively I was thinking maybe a 360 up top + 240 in the upper half of the front for the gaming PC and then a single 240 in the lower half of the front for the server but I am not sure I could fit 2x 240 in the front as I believe they would technically be taller than a single 480 

image.thumb.png.7737ddaedded4efcdbf7a1624547f4bd.png

Also thinking i might just air cool the server. Also thinking I might be able to fit my existing distro plate from my o11 into this new case. Only think I dont like is it means no bottom or front radiator

image.thumb.png.487ec39cdeef8a7acea640981accf8b1.png

Ideally I would dual loop this, 1 for the gaming PC and 1 for the unraid/plex box but I'm not sure if i will be able to fit a front radiator with the side distro plate. Also would have to find room for a second res/pump.

Color scheme will be most components black, Going to do the gskill royal ram in silver. Corsair QL fans. Chrome plated metal tubing and matching fittings. I want to do a 3rd color as an accent (likely what the liquid color will be). Was thinking blue right now. Most of the RGB will just be set to white just to light the case and rely on the color of the components/fluid.

Ruled out the 1000D at this point, case and distro plate alone are $1250, plus needing even more QL fans which are pricey. 

The systems should be independant, i.e. two psu, two cooling systems. That way a single failure will not bring down both systems. Also, server can be always on.

Did you consider stacked cases?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

4 hours ago, brob said:

The systems should be independant, i.e. two psu, two cooling systems. That way a single failure will not bring down both systems. Also, server can be always on.

Did you consider stacked cases?

I am definitely doing this in a single case, As for the PSU, with 2 systems installed you can only fit a single PSU in the Enthoo Pro II so I plan to get one of these to power it http://www.phanteks.com/Revolt-X.html

For cooling, not sure if i have room for 2 separate loops so i might just air cool the server and water cool the gaming machine

Liking this rear distro plate, might use that and then mount a 480mm radiator up front and then mount a traditional pump/res combo off of that. Not sure if the HDD cage will clear the radiator though (I was planning on mounting it in the lowest side mount location so the cables can go right out the back)Ds7afvssgagChY0S.jpg

Alright, been giving it some more thought and ditched the 2nd PC, still keeping this case because my gpu with the block is giant (approx 170mm TALL and 328mm long)

Looking at using the ek flat 360 res on its side in the bottom area (mostly to fill up the empty area since there will be no 2nd pc).

a single 60mm thick 480 rad in the front. 3x exhaust fans at the top

Phanteks D140 distro in the rear

image.thumb.png.a5ec5d4a759411343dedfe9a25761c81.png