New RTX 3080 build

Stiggy331

Budget (including currency): about €1800

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: CAD work some light rendering of CAD models, game development(just messing around unity), will probably add a linux boot drive later, gaming: mostly single player games and co-op online. 

Other details : Already have a 3440x1440 100Hz Gsync display.

Just want some opinions or improvements my build on PC part picker.

Not sure if I should go with a better motherboard or beefier PSU.

I know I should wait for Ryzen 4000 but I would like to build the PC this October and I´m happy with the performance of the Ryzen 3700X. Although If I cant get a 3080 due to stock limits I´ll probably be forced to wait for Ryzen 4000 😅

Waiting on the 4000 is probably the smart move, but as far as your build- looks solid man. I think the mobo is a good pick. It has all most people could need including PCI-e 4.0; if you spend anymore it should be for options you really want. If you have the cash to spend might as well get an 850 watt PSU, but 750w is the recommended one so yeah- looks good.

Edit: if you do have the cash may want to get the Sabrent 4.0 M.2, but although cool, is probably overkill. Can CAD use scratch discs?

I know you already said it would be smarter to wait for Ryzen 4000 but still you want to build this October. But seriously! Look what AMDs Ryzen 4000 laptops did to the Intel competition.

That's the only real suggestion I have for you:

WAIT! For! Ryzen! 4000! 🤣🤣🤣

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D | Motherboard: MSI MPG X670E Carbon WiFi
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 6000 MHz CL30 2x16GB | GPU: AMD XFX 7900 XTX
Case: BeQuiet Dark Base 900 Pro rev.2 | PSU: BeQuiet Straight Power 11 1000W
Storage: Samsung 990 Pro + Samsung 970 Evo+ 1TBGB M.2 + Samsung 970 Evo 1TB M.2 + Seagate Ironwolf 8TB HDD
Watercooling: EKWM Quantum Velocity2 + Alphacool Aurora D5 + Alphacool GPU Block
Radiators & Fans: 420/30 copper rad + 360/30 copper rad all Silent Wings 4 Pro @ 40%
Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB | Mouse: Logitech G502X Plus | Mousepad: Logitech Powerplay | Headset: Corsair Virtuoso XT
Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 32:9 1440p

Yeah guys, I just decided to be patient and use my 1660Ti Laptop until December.

I don´t expect Ryzen 4000 CPUs to be available this year anyway...😅

AMD is releasing their chips on 8th October. I don't see why you shouldn't be able to build in October?

They are being released, not announced. As long you manage to buy one you'll be able to build your PC in October.