TV Disconnects after Windows boots up

VHS_Tape
Go to solution Solved by jj9987,
30 minutes ago, xentropa said:

It is also worth noting there are different versions of HDMI with different transfer rates and video specifications although they all use the same physical cable.  I don't know if ur problems are resulting from an incompatibility.

HDMI ports have versions. HDMI cables have different "types". They use the same physical port, but you will be limited by the lowest port version or cable type, whichever is worse. From Wikipedia:

As of the HDMI 1.4 specification, the following cable types are defined for HDMI in general:

• Standard HDMI Cable – up to 1080i and 720p
  • Standard HDMI Cable with Ethernet
  • Standard Automotive HDMI Cable
  • High Speed HDMI Cable – 1080p, 4K 30 Hz, 3D and deep color
  • High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet

A new certification program was introduced in October 2015 to certify that cables work at the 18 Gbit/s maximum bandwidth of the HDMI 2.0 specification. In addition to expanding the set of cable testing requirements, the certification program introduces an EMI test to ensure cables minimize interference with wireless signals. These cables are marked with an anti-counterfeiting authentication label and are defined as:

• Premium High Speed HDMI Cable
  • Premium High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet

In conjunction with the HDMI 2.1 specification, a third category of cable was announced on January 4, 2017, called "48G". Also known as Category 3 HDMI or "Ultra High Speed" HDMI, the cable is designed to support the 48 Gbit/s bandwidth of HDMI 2.1, supporting 4K, 5K, 8K and 10K at 120 Hz. The cable is backwards compatible with the earlier HDMI devices, using existing HDMI type A, C and D connectors, and includes HDMI Ethernet.

• Ultra High Speed HDMI Cable (48G Cable) – 4K, 5K, 8K and 10K at 120 Hz

So if the cable is very old/bad quality, it might simply not be enough for 4K. OP doesn't mention what resolution the Dell monitor is, so it could be working fine at 1080p, but is lacking for 4K (especially if it a newer LG TV, which supports 120Hz).

Hello, I am a normal PC user with a normal 1080p Monitor, but today since I was home alone, I thought of trying to play games on my 4K LG TV. I moved the PC and Plugged HDMI cable in and everything seemed fine until Windows booted up. The resolution was weird, Windows was going out of the frame, and after 3-4 minutes, my TV stopped receiving HDMI signal.
Please can some one help me, the HDMI Cable is not faulty as it runs perfectly well on my Dell Monitor. The Display Drivers also seem to be updated!

Before giving up tho. I first booted up my PC with the HDMI connected to my monitor, everything was great, and after that I pulled the cable out and plugged it to the TV. And everything was fixed, the resolution was not going off the frame and the screen never turned off, until I tried to play some games. Everything went black and it flickered for a moment and then disconnected.

All I wanted to do was to play some Nier Automata in 4K :(

My PC specs just in case:
i5 3470
RX 570 4GB

8GB RAM

Can you test with a displayport cable?

It is also worth noting there are different versions of HDMI with different transfer rates and video specifications although they all use the same physical cable.  I don't know if ur problems are resulting from an incompatibility.

30 minutes ago, xentropa said:

HDMI ports have versions. HDMI cables have different "types". They use the same physical port, but you will be limited by the lowest port version or cable type, whichever is worse. From Wikipedia:

As of the HDMI 1.4 specification, the following cable types are defined for HDMI in general:

• Standard HDMI Cable – up to 1080i and 720p
  • Standard HDMI Cable with Ethernet
  • Standard Automotive HDMI Cable
  • High Speed HDMI Cable – 1080p, 4K 30 Hz, 3D and deep color
  • High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet

A new certification program was introduced in October 2015 to certify that cables work at the 18 Gbit/s maximum bandwidth of the HDMI 2.0 specification. In addition to expanding the set of cable testing requirements, the certification program introduces an EMI test to ensure cables minimize interference with wireless signals. These cables are marked with an anti-counterfeiting authentication label and are defined as:

• Premium High Speed HDMI Cable
  • Premium High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet

In conjunction with the HDMI 2.1 specification, a third category of cable was announced on January 4, 2017, called "48G". Also known as Category 3 HDMI or "Ultra High Speed" HDMI, the cable is designed to support the 48 Gbit/s bandwidth of HDMI 2.1, supporting 4K, 5K, 8K and 10K at 120 Hz. The cable is backwards compatible with the earlier HDMI devices, using existing HDMI type A, C and D connectors, and includes HDMI Ethernet.

• Ultra High Speed HDMI Cable (48G Cable) – 4K, 5K, 8K and 10K at 120 Hz

So if the cable is very old/bad quality, it might simply not be enough for 4K. OP doesn't mention what resolution the Dell monitor is, so it could be working fine at 1080p, but is lacking for 4K (especially if it a newer LG TV, which supports 120Hz).

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

I used another HDMI cable based on your suggestions, The TV did not disconnect. It worked perfect! Thank you everyone for helping me. I can finally couch game :')