IPS vs TN at high HZ

Vilian

So, we basically all know that IPS is just an all around better panel than TN ~ better colour reproduction, viewing angles and so on.
But here I am, choosing my first 240 monitor and I just stubble upon some models that do not make sense to me.
How come in my country this IPS  panel is 50 bucks cheaper than this TN panel, or about 150 cheaper than this TN panel.
I mean, in the past I used to know that TN is generally cheaper, faster in terms of response time and refresh rate but it seems that these stereotypes are gone now.?
So what exactly is the difference?
Also, can i please get your opinion on these models?

• ASUS ROG Strix XG248Q 
  • AOC C27G2ZE
  • Dell Alienware AW2521HF
  • LG 27GN750
  • Samsung C27RG50FQU
  • Lenovo Y25-25

Thank you for your time.

We're at a point now where there are VA and IPS monitors on the market, which are the same performance as the best TNs. So TN only has the price speaking for it. The fastest 360Hz displays currently for sale are all IPS panels. So TN is basically already draggin behind IPS in this regard and all others.

Idk much about most of the monitors you mentioned, but the LG 27GN750 is a very solid monitor. But like always i recommend a 144Hz monitor because the difference is not that big to 240Hz. And as long as you don't play competetively on a very high level, you won't need 240Hz or higher. There is a big diminishing return between 120Hz and higher.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

each panel from different vendor is different, the fastest way to compare between panels/monitors is reviews tbh

hardwareunboxed does nice monitor reviews so you can check them out

as for whether you should go 240Hz, it depends on the games you play

not many games will go above 200fps, only competitive and light games does.

if your game runs above 250fps, and you are a competitive player/play fast paced games, go for it.

I own a 240hz, and I wont go below 240hz for the foreseeable future.

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately