Is there much of a difference between the RGB AIOs?

I've started looking at upgrading my cooler now ahead of the Ryzen 4000 launch later on, and since I behave like a child, I really want RGB on the AIO, ruling out the arctic freezer. 
I'm looking at getting a 240 for the top of the case.
From what reviews I've read/watched, in terms of performance it seems to go Arctic Liquid Freezer 2, then (corsair/cooler master/lian-li/nzxt/etc) in a clump below, then other things.

I'm assuming I've over simplified, but it would be nice if it means the choice is mainly aesthetic and hard to screw up :P

Specifically I've been looking at the:

Cooler Master ML240R

Lian-Li Galahad

ThermalTake TH240

Corsair H115i

But I'm not too attached to any of them.

My budget would be in the £120-150 ish range

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Thanks

Personally i would avoid the Cooler Master as their fans get loud even at lower RPM's

Other then that it would also depend on what MB you have and what RGB it uses (RGB or aRGB for example) so you dont need 2 pieces of software for controlling it.

5 hours ago, Dujith said:

Personally i would avoid the Cooler Master as their fans get loud even at lower RPM's

Other then that it would also depend on what MB you have and what RGB it uses (RGB or aRGB for example) so you dont need 2 pieces of software for controlling it.

The motherbiard I have, currently has no RGB control, its handled by a cycling button on the front of my computer case (it's the lian-li lancool 2 mesh). 
When the next set of Ryzen CPUs drop I'll be switching to a more modern motherboard.

Thanks I hadn't thought of RGB controller bloat :)

Then you'll need to use aRGB. Both the Lian and Thermaltake support that. So does the Coolermaster :D 

I ended up with the GIGABYTE AORUS LIQUID COOLER 240, just cuz i liked the screen.

2 hours ago, Dujith said:

Then you'll need to use aRGB. Both the Lian and Thermaltake support that. So does the Coolermaster :D 

I ended up with the GIGABYTE AORUS LIQUID COOLER 240, just cuz i liked the screen.

That is pretty cool. Does the temperature readout actually have much utility or is it all style points? :P

Im leaning towards the Lian-Li or the Aorus a little as I like lower key or hidden branding.

So as far as performance is concered, it does look like they're all pretty similar?

The new Corsair ones seem to be really good if you're going for AIO.

SETUP:

• Ryzen 9 3900XT @ 4.3 all core (peak core voltage 1.3)  (water)
  • 2x8GB TeamGroup 8Pack Ripped Edition 3600mhz CL14
  • RTX 2080ti OCd @ +150 core, +1000 memory (water)
  • Aorus B550 Elite (rev1)

Personal Bests:

• Cinebench R15: 1785  1883 (Aug 2020)
  • Cinebench R20: 4136  4243 7125 7550 (Feb 2021)
  • 3DMark/Time Spy: 10,238 13,106 13,993 14,149 15,295 (Feb 2021)

Build Log: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1314971-the-ultimate-noctua-pc-15-fans-custom-loop-case-mods/

11 hours ago, Cynical_Toaster said:

I've started looking at upgrading my cooler now ahead of the Ryzen 4000 launch later on, and since I behave like a child, I really want RGB on the AIO, ruling out the arctic freezer. 
I'm looking at getting a 240 for the top of the case.
From what reviews I've read/watched, in terms of performance it seems to go Arctic Liquid Freezer 2, then (corsair/cooler master/lian-li/nzxt/etc) in a clump below, then other things.

I'm assuming I've over simplified, but it would be nice if it means the choice is mainly aesthetic and hard to screw up :P

Specifically I've been looking at the:

Cooler Master ML240R

Lian-Li Galahad

ThermalTake TH240

Corsair H115i

But I'm not too attached to any of them.

My budget would be in the £120-150 ish range

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Thanks

Noticed you have the CORSAIR Platinum H115i (280mm) linked, and wanted to let you know we just launched our new Elite CAPELLIX Cooler line yesterday if you haven't seen it yet.  Some enhancements we made were the inclusion of a new COMMANDER CORE for connecting/controlling Fan speed and RGB lighting, modular components for easier installation/reconfiguration, and our CAPELLIX LED's.  Performance will be similar, and is compatible with all the current CPU sockets.  Let me know if you have any questions about the new cooler line.  You mentioned you want a 240mm radiator, but linked to our 280mm, so I included a link to our H100i Elite below for the correct size.

https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categories/Products/CORSAIR-iCUE/Liquid-Cooling/iCUE-ELITE-CAPELLIX-Liquid-CPU-Cooler/p/CW-9060046-WW

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/

41 minutes ago, Corsair Nick said:

Noticed you have the CORSAIR Platinum H115i (280mm) linked, and wanted to let you know we just launched our new Elite CAPELLIX Cooler line yesterday if you haven't seen it yet.  Some enhancements we made were the inclusion of a new COMMANDER CORE for connecting/controlling Fan speed and RGB lighting, modular components for easier installation/reconfiguration, and our CAPELLIX LED's.  Performance will be similar, and is compatible with all the current CPU sockets.  Let me know if you have any questions about the new cooler line.  You mentioned you want a 240mm radiator, but linked to our 280mm, so I included a link to our H100i Elite below for the correct size.

https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categories/Products/CORSAIR-iCUE/Liquid-Cooling/iCUE-ELITE-CAPELLIX-Liquid-CPU-Cooler/p/CW-9060046-WW

This is the one I recommended above. Theyve partnered with IcyCool instead of Acertec and I think its a damn good partnership based on the videos.

Plus it has this pump plate purely for aesthetics that you can swap and maybe even have a custom one CNCd.

SETUP:

• Ryzen 9 3900XT @ 4.3 all core (peak core voltage 1.3)  (water)
  • 2x8GB TeamGroup 8Pack Ripped Edition 3600mhz CL14
  • RTX 2080ti OCd @ +150 core, +1000 memory (water)
  • Aorus B550 Elite (rev1)

Personal Bests:

• Cinebench R15: 1785  1883 (Aug 2020)
  • Cinebench R20: 4136  4243 7125 7550 (Feb 2021)
  • 3DMark/Time Spy: 10,238 13,106 13,993 14,149 15,295 (Feb 2021)

Build Log: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1314971-the-ultimate-noctua-pc-15-fans-custom-loop-case-mods/

2 hours ago, Corsair Nick said:

Oooh, that does look nice. Although I think it's planned UK availability is late October (hoping I'm wrong though), I can only see it listed for pre-order :/
Would you happen to have any info on that? 

Edit: also thanks for catching the sizing mishap, that would've been bad to find out later :P

I checked with my teammate in the EU and it looks like mid-October availability for your region.  Not sure what your timeline is for the build, but pre-order will get you in the queue.  It should also be available at our retail partners around the same time.

No problem about the link, happy to help and make sure you get the right product you need.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/

On 9/16/2020 at 8:15 PM, Cynical_Toaster said:

That is pretty cool. Does the temperature readout actually have much utility or is it all style points? :P

Im leaning towards the Lian-Li or the Aorus a little as I like lower key or hidden branding.

So as far as performance is concered, it does look like they're all pretty similar?

It can have some utility, but mainly for looks. It updates to slow to have actual usage  ;)

Depending on my mood it has either just the temp/clock or a custom logo/color.