Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fit_potato101

3rd RMA, SAME ISSUE, Noise!

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi there! As the title says I'm on my third RMA, I own a cooler master PSU,
On every startup. it makes this grunting noise of sorts ( will attach an audio clip) and vibrates too.
It now also happens, occasionally on normal operation.

I desperately want to know if this is normal and safe, I'm sick of this.

Please check out the link, it happens after I press to start button, at around 0:03 seconds.

Thank you!

PSU noise Link to soundcoud

All I hear is something blushing against the mic and then someone slurping. I don't hear any PSU at all. 

AMD Phenom™ II X6 1100T @ 4.0GHz | MSI 890FXA-GD65 | MSI GTX 550Ti | 16GB Kingston DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD 750GB | Antec 300 | ASUS Xonar DG | Corsair A50 | OCZ 600W | Windows 10 Pro

Sony MDR-V250 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402

Intel Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 8GB DDR4 | Windows 10 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 

Intel Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina  Lenovo IdeaPad P580

AMD Phenom™ II X2 550 @ 3.10GHz | Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H | XFX Radeon HD 4870 | 4GB Corsair XMS2 | WD 250GB | Thermaltake TR2 500W | Windows 10 Pro

iPhone 6s (iOS 13.4.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | Samsung Galaxy S5e

1 minute ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

All I hear is something blushing against the mic and then someone slurping. I don't hear any PSU at all. 

It's the weird sound at 0:03 seconds, does that sound like a normal PSU to you? That noise comes from the PSU which vibrates too.

2 minutes ago, Anjaney07 said:

I dont think this is normal btw which psu from cooler master and how many watts?

Hey, thank you for the reply, this one is the MWE 750 watt, I've had the same issue with MWE 650 80+ Gold and Bronze.

Just now, Fit_potato101 said:

It's the weird sound at 0:03 seconds, does that sound like a normal PSU to you? That noise comes from the PSU which vibrates too.

it's fine... Don't worry. Some cases can cause that, not psu itself. Some cases have rubber bits that psu sits on, that helps with vibrations. I bet your case does not have those and that's what is causing this. It's perfectly fine.

1 minute ago, nox_ said:

it's fine... Don't worry. Some cases can cause that, not psu itself. Some cases have rubber bits that psu sits on, that helps with vibrations. I bet your case does not have those and that's what is causing this. It's perfectly fine.

I've done the test outside too, held it on my hand, still vibrates and makes the noise, and I'm pretty sure my case has the pads :(

4 minutes ago, nox_ said:

Besides, it wasn't happening for a month, and just started Y'day.

1 minute ago, Fit_potato101 said:

I've done the test outside too, held it on my hand, still vibrates and makes the noise, and I'm pretty sure my case has the pads :(

Does it bother you so much? or are you just worried about it causing damage to your pc?

1 minute ago, nox_ said:

Does it bother you so much? or are you just worried about it causing damage to your pc?

Both, It freaks me out every time it happens and I'm very concerned about the damage to my PC, I've previous lost a lot of time to waiting on a RMA for the PSU and cant afford to lose more on this.

Hence I need to be sure.

My RMA provider would be giving me a Refund, most probably.

Just now, Fit_potato101 said:

I'm very concerned about the damage to my PC

it won't cause any problems like that. If it bothers you so much get a refund and buy different unit.

can you take a pic btw? take the side panel off and take a pic.

52 minutes ago, Fit_potato101 said:

Hey, thank you for the reply, this one is the MWE 750 watt, I've had the same issue with MWE 650 80+ Gold and Bronze.

i also use the same psu but 650w havent heard any noise like that

48 minutes ago, Anjaney07 said:

i also use the same psu but 650w havent heard any noise like that

Finally. Thanks for the conformation! Will get a refund and change brands.

1 hour ago, nox_ said:

it won't cause any problems like that. If it bothers you so much get a refund and buy different unit.

can you take a pic btw? take the side panel off and take a pic.

Yes I'll do just that, I'll post it later, out rn. Thanks for the help! :)