litle cracks

Heya everyone🤙👊  was wondering if anyone could ease my doubt and tell me if i should replace the top of this cpu block? never did anything to those screws they just started showing that wierd crater around them...

thank you in advance😇😆

119709482_732032950989335_804076666262711887_n.jpg

119645801_333433641229099_8808279542698665272_n.jpg

119661174_777693493025075_1441107291858219195_n.jpg

Is that an EK cpu block? They're known to crack over time simply because of PLEXI quality issues. It from the angle of the bottom picture looks like it might be affecting the o ring. I would start to follow up on warranty processes if I were you. I've had similar cracking in certain plexi pieces previously and It could be as kb said from vibrations but honestly most of the time it's age paired with quality control not being able to pick up on microscopic defects that causes this after a year or more of use.

that looks like an EK Velocity block. did you take it apart to clean it and overtighten the theads down on the block. they screw into these sections on the plexi top?

if you have never taken the block apart and they just started appearing contact ekwb.com and raise a case with support.

They are pretty good attach the photos and advise you haven't taken it apart, from memory there is a sticker on one side that won't be broken.

They will then send you out a replacement.

If you did take it apart raise the case and speak to them about it, they might send you out a new plexi top and tell you not to over tighten it.

I've had a few issues with EKWB over the years but, my CPU Block is EK, GPU is EK and distro plate is EK.

Found their support to be really good even when a decent amount of time has passed, they standby their product.

CPU | AMD Ryzen 7 7700X | GPU | ASUS TUF RTX3080 | PSU | Corsair RM850i | RAM 2x16GB X5 6000Mhz CL32 MOTHERBOARD | Asus TUF Gaming X670E-PLUS WIFI | 
STORAGE 
| 2x Samsung Evo 970 256GB NVME  | COOLING 
| Hard Line Custom Loop O11XL Dynamic + EK Distro + EK Velocity  | MONITOR | Samsung G9 Neo

On 9/15/2020 at 10:09 PM, jrgsf said:

Heya everyone🤙👊  was wondering if anyone could ease my doubt and tell me if i should replace the top of this cpu block? never did anything to those screws they just started showing that wierd crater around them...

thank you in advance😇😆

As others have mentioned you are best to check during maintenance of the loop to take it apart and verify it's integrity. From the looks of things that looks like a scalloped failure and will require a complete top replacement. Minor hairline cracks can also form from stress overtime or even happen after you remove the top and let it sit due to the sudden change of the stress in the material. I've had plexi tops form tiny spider like cracks under screw holes right in front of my eyes when releasing that long term stress. Minor hairline cracks can be touched up but ideally should be replaced. 

9 minutes ago, W-L said:

As others have mentioned you are best to check during maintenance of the loop to take it apart and verify it's integrity. From the looks of things that looks like a scalloped failure and will require a complete top replacement. Minor hairline cracks can also form from stress overtime or even happen after you remove the top and let it sit due to the sudden change of the stress in the material. I've had plexi tops form tiny spider like cracks under screw holes right in front of my eyes when releasing that long term stress. Minor hairline cracks can be touched up but ideally should be replaced. 

i'd take some photo's lodge that case with EKWB, don't take it apart and break the seal on the cooler. they might well just replace the whole block for you.

CPU | AMD Ryzen 7 7700X | GPU | ASUS TUF RTX3080 | PSU | Corsair RM850i | RAM 2x16GB X5 6000Mhz CL32 MOTHERBOARD | Asus TUF Gaming X670E-PLUS WIFI | 
STORAGE 
| Hard Line Custom Loop O11XL Dynamic + EK Distro + EK Velocity  | MONITOR | Samsung G9 Neo

1 minute ago, Maticks said:

i'd take some photo's lodge that case with EKWB, don't take it apart and break the seal on the cooler. they might well just replace the whole block for you.

Oh they're way past any kind of warranty at this point that one was an old block, the issue I found was the screws were heavily over torqued from factory compressing the actual acrylic. The only reason they cracked was due to the removal of that stress and opening the block during cleaning.

I had a similar issue happen to a CPU block  like with OP but spider like lines which they were able to help me source a new top section. 

i had a monoblock that looked a bit like that sent a photo to EKWB asking if it was normal and they shipped me out a replacement very quickly.

STORAGE