• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dawson Wehage

Apple Announces new iPad Air Design

*** Thread locked ***

You can continue discussion in event thread:

Posted · Original PosterOP

Apple is releasing a new iPad Air design, read below for more. 

Picture

Spoiler

Screenshot_20200915-122609_Opera.thumb.jpg.853e1fec38345a84af71e956b619511d.jpg

Apple is releasing a whole new iPad Air design, making the device a new and improved experience for the general user. The new iPad Air comes in two storage options, 64GB and 256GB. 256GB will be plenty of storage for the average user if you watch a lot of movies, do a lot of editing, or just general paperwork. The new iPad Air is essentially taking the design of the iPad Pro and making it a more ideal price for users. The new iPad Air is being replaced with a more mainstream USB - C port, capable at transferring data at up to 5 Gigabits per second. The iPad Air also includes Touch ID in the Sleep Button. Users will get to experience a new Stereo speaker setup in landscape mode (Same setup as the iPad Pro). The iPad Air will be releasing with a new A14 chip, capable of 40% more power then it's predecessor.

My thoughts

I like the new idea behind the iPad Air, it needed the upgraded. And I think a lot more people will be interested in the device because of its performance and 10 hour battery. Generally, if I hadn't have bought the iPad Pro, I would've bought this. I am impressed with it this year.

Sources

https://www.apple.com/ca/ipad-air/

It wasn't me I swear. 

I am not responsible for any damages or problems to your device or object. 

Specs:
Core i5 10400F

Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 2633MHz

ASUS STRIX ROG Z490-E

NVIDIA RTX 2060 6GB

WD BLACK 500GB NVMe, 1 TB WD Black Hard Drive, 3 x Seagate Barracuda (Raid 0)

SeaSonic II 520 Watt Modular

Lian Li O11D-W XL

Corsair Glaive RGB

Logitech G613

Finally they killed the homebutton on IPad 

thanks but the rim still looks a bit to wide in my opinion 

13 minutes ago, Dawson Wehage said:

USB - C port, capable at transferring data at up to 5 Gigabits per second

Nice

Edited by Drama Lama

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Hi

6 minutes ago, Drama Lama said:

Yeah but personally I actually prefer the bigger rim, it just feels nicer in the hands, also cause I have big hands.

It wasn't me I swear. 

Specs:
Core i5 10400F

ASUS STRIX ROG Z490-E

NVIDIA RTX 2060 6GB

Lian Li O11D-W XL

Corsair Glaive RGB

Logitech G613

4 minutes ago, Wheatly said:

Built In TouchID into the top button is pretty cool.

yeah, but since it’s possible, why not do it on iPhones? Would be nice with the pandemic and all.

I am still TechWizardThatNeedsHelp, just less of a mouthfull.

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

My new PC I'm saving for:

• NZXT H1 Matte Black
    • Comes with a 650W NZXT PSU
    • NZXT AIO
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • MSI B450i GAMING PLUS AC
  • XPG ADATA 2800Mhz
  • RX480 untill I have more for a 2060 or 2070
  • 2tb Sabrent Rocket Q PCIE gen 3 NVME SSD
  • Samsung 470 128GB SATA SSD

yeah, but since it’s possible, why not do it on iPhones? Would be nice with the pandemic and all.

The new iPhone 12 has not been announced yet, perhaps it will include it. I certainly hope so, would make unlocking much faster.

i7-7800x, 1080ti

Isn’t the spec eclipsing the iPad Pro? The new CPU and GPU sound like beasts - won’t they take salsa away from the 11” Pro with this? 

41 minutes ago, RRRuss said:

Isn’t the spec eclipsing the iPad Pro? The new CPU and GPU sound like beasts - won’t they take salsa away from the 11” Pro with this? 

Even if the cpu and GPU are more powerful. The iPad Pro is built for people who do a lot of content creation, editing, etc. The iPad Air was built more for Reading, Movies, Games, and more. I wouldn't wanna edit my content on a small iPad Air.

It wasn't me I swear. 

Specs:
Core i5 10400F

ASUS STRIX ROG Z490-E

NVIDIA RTX 2060 6GB

Lian Li O11D-W XL

Corsair Glaive RGB

Logitech G613

My only question:

"Is it priced high enough to keep it out of educational institutions?"

Because if it isn't, I'm going to quit my job. I'm not putting up with Apple products and dealing with Apple as a company, at work. We've done it in the past and it ALWAYS ends up being the biggest pain in the ass since hemorrhoids.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Something they glanced over. USB-C instead of lightning cable. 

Be sure to @Pickles - Lord of the Jar if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1070 Hybrid (2100c/2241m) | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD | 4TB HDD 

1 hour ago, RRRuss said:

And actually the iPad pro is still faster with a 8 core cpu as opposed to the 6 core the a14 has. A12Z was built for workloads

It wasn't me I swear. 

Specs:
Core i5 10400F

ASUS STRIX ROG Z490-E

NVIDIA RTX 2060 6GB

Lian Li O11D-W XL

Corsair Glaive RGB

Logitech G613

3 hours ago, like_ooh_ahh said:

And Apple launched the A14 chip first on an iPad, not on this year’s iPhone 

Announced first, they have not given a ship date or pre-order date yet they only said `in October`. Likly it will ship with the iPhones.

4 hours ago, RRRuss said:

won’t they take salsa away from the 11” Pro with this

Yes but that is a good thing, it is better to take sales away from one of your products that to sit on your hands and let a competitor take sales away from one of your products.

3 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

"Is it priced high enough to keep it out of educational institutions?"

Apple is pushing the `iPad` (non Air) for education at a very nice price. So you will have lots more iPads for sure to deal with... enjoy :)

7 hours ago, Shorty88jr said:

Looks like Apple is finally embracing USB C! Just need the next iPhones to use it. Proprietary connectors are stupid.

Actually not.  In 5 years I've never used the lightning port for anything but charging or audio.  And lightning >>> USB C for both those tasks.  Lightning is just bulletproof durability.

Drives me nuts this idea of standardize for the sake of it.  That's how you end up with mediocrity across the board but at least it's standardized mediocrity.

Workstation: 9900KF @ 4.9Ghz || Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master || Gigabyte Gaming G1 1080Ti || G.Skill DDR4-3800 @ 3600 4x8GB || Corsair AX1500i || 11 gallon whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900 nonK || ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate || EVGA Titan X (Maxwell) || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad push only.

Server Router (Untangle): 8350K @ 4.7Ghz || ASRock Z370 ITX || 2x8GB || PicoPSU 250W, running on AX1200i from Server Storage || 11 gallon whole-house loop.

Server Compute: E5-2696v4 || Asus X99 mATX WS || LSI 9280i + Adaptec + Intel Expander || 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup, Corsair AX1200i (drives)  || 11 gallon whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G3 (Intel 8350U), Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

Blue and Green 👀

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

9 minutes ago, hishnash said:

Apple is pushing the `iPad` (non Air) for education at a very nice price. So you will have lots more iPads for sure to deal with... enjoy :)

2Ube.gif

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

8 hours ago, Drama Lama said:

While I understand the desire to push everyone to gestures, it should not come at a cost of removing functionality users have come to expect, both from a familiarity and an accessibility point of view. While I do use some gestures on my iPad Mini 5 to navigate back/forward in Chrome, I still prefer pressing the home button once to return home, or double pressing it to bring up multitasking because my OnePlus 5T operates similarly when double tapping the task switching menu icon.

7 hours ago, Shorty88jr said:

Looks like Apple is finally embracing USB C! Just need the next iPhones to use it. Proprietary connectors are stupid.

31 minutes ago, AnonymousGuy said:

And lightning >>> USB C for both those tasks.  Lightning is just bulletproof durability. Drives me nuts this idea of standardize for the sake of it. That's how you end up with mediocrity across the board but at least it's standardized mediocrity.

Both connectors are plenty durable enough if you take care of your devices. You know what drives me nuts? This idea of fragmenting connectivity among my devices for the sake of it. That's how you end up with consumers frustrated over carrying multiple cables around.

Apple & Digital Camera manufacturers everywhere: "USB-C is the future, it will interconnect everything... except for all the devices released today that we still haven't designed to use a USB-C port. For those, we're gonna need you to buy & carry around a bag of dongles."

Desktop: KRySTaLoGi-PC Build Log (i7-4790K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Bell - Unlimited Calling & Texting + 10GB Data
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | HP Touchpad | ASUS ME302C
Camera: Canon SX280 + Rebel T1i (500D) | Sony HDR-AS50R | Panasonic DMC-TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

8 hours ago, Shorty88jr said:

well said

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

9 hours ago, Dawson Wehage said:

Yeah but personally I actually prefer the bigger rim, it just feels nicer in the hands, also cause I have big hands.

Gotta say I agree with this as a frequent iPad user

My PCs:

VALENTINIAN : CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X || CPU COOLER : Corsair H115i Pro || MOBO : MSi B450 Tomahawk Max || GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Ti Strix OC || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB, Samsung 850 Evo 1TB x2 || PSU: EVGA G2 850W w/ Cablemod Black & White Cables || CASE: NZXT H510 White || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A, HP 27yh || KEYBOARD: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (MX Brown, White Keycaps) || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: HyperX Cloud Alpha, Logitech C920 || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 2x Corsair ML120 ||

DIOCLETIAN III (HTPC) : CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 || CPU COOLER : Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition || MOBO : MSi X370 Gaming Pro Carbon || GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Strix OC || RAM: 2x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V (3200) || SSDs: Crucial P1 500GB, Crucial MX500 1TB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB || PSU: Seasonic 650W w/ Black & Red Extensions || CASE: Phanteks P300 || Monitor: Samsung Q60 65" QLED || KEYBOARD: Logitech G613 || Mouse: Logitech G305 || CONTROLLER: Xbox One Controller x2 || AUDIO: Samsung Q60R Soundbar || Case Fans : 2x Cooler Master Masterfan Pro 120, Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-2000 ||

JUSTINIAN - Dell XPS 15": CPU: Core i7-9750H || GPU: GTX 1650 || RAM: 2*8GB 2666MhZ DDR4 SODIMM || SSD: 1TB M.2 PCIe || CASE: 15.6" Laptop with dBrand skin || MONITOR: 15" 1920 * 1080 IPS || KEYBOARD: Dell Keyboard || MOUSE: Logitech G305 White || AUDIO: HyperX Cloud II ||

OTHER : Dell Latitude (i7-6600U, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD) || HP All-in-One (Unspecified Haswell i7, 8GB DDR3, Crucial MX500 500GB ||

MOBILE : Galaxy S9 (64GB + 64GB uSD) || Galaxy S7 (32GB) || FitBit Blaze || iPad 7th Generation ||

CONSOLE : Nintendo Switch (Pro Controller x3, Joy-Con Grip x1, PowerA Enhanced Controller x1) ||

POLITICAL ALIGNMENT: Social Democratic || Centre-Left ||

Just based on the picture, this isn't a new design. Less the home button, this looks just exactly the same as my grandmothers from, 2015 maybe? 

In fact, as far as I can tell, there hasn't been a single major update to the iPad Airs design in the 7 years that the model line has existed.

I fail to see how Apple can ride the same basic design for 5 years and keep getting away with calling it new over and over again.

Sure the hardware has changed. But the box sure hasn't.

I will never succumb to the New Cult and I reject the leadership of @Aelar_Nailo and his wicked parrot armies led by @FakeCIA and @DildorTheDecent. I will keep my eyes pure and remain dedicated to the path of the One True; IlLinusNati

10 hours ago, Drama Lama said:

They actually didn't kill the homebutton. The "new" iPad Air is considerably more expensive than the previous generation. Apple updated the "old" model and is keeping it as an entry level option - with a homebutton.

2 hours ago, AnonymousGuy said:

Actually not.  In 5 years I've never used the lightning port for anything but charging or audio.  And lightning >>> USB C for both those tasks.  Lightning is just bulletproof durability.

Drives me nuts this idea of standardize for the sake of it.  That's how you end up with mediocrity across the board but at least it's standardized mediocrity.

When it comes to power delivery and a jew other things, USB-C is way ahead of the Lightning connector.

13 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:

Just based on the picture, this isn't a new design. Less the home button, this looks just exactly the same as my grandmothers from, 2015 maybe? 

In fact, as far as I can tell, there hasn't been a single major update to the iPad Airs design in the 7 years that the model line has existed.

I fail to see how Apple can ride the same basic design for 5 years and keep getting away with calling it new over and over again.

Sure the hardware has changed. But the box sure hasn't.

Mate it's a whole new iPad Air design. This is the first time there has been an iPad Air with no front home button, that's the difference 👌. So technically, they're not lying 😉.

AMD Phenom™ II X6 1100T @ 4.0GHz | MSI 890FXA-GD65 | MSI GTX 550Ti | 16GB Kingston DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD 750GB | Antec 300 | ASUS Xonar DG | Corsair A50 | OCZ 600W | Windows 10 Pro

Sony MDR-V250 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 

Intel Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 8GB DDR4 | Windows 10 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 

Intel Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina  Lenovo IdeaPad P580

AMD Phenom™ II X2 550 @ 3.10GHz | Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H | XFX Radeon HD 4870 | 4GB Corsair XMS2 | WD 250GB | Thermaltake TR2 500W | Windows 10 Pro

iPhone 6s (iOS 13.6.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | Samsung Galaxy S5e

3 hours ago, hishnash said:

Announced first, they have not given a ship date or pre-order date yet they only said `in October`. Likly it will ship with the iPhones.

Too bad that iPadOS 14 still doesn’t support display extending just like on PC and Mac:(

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Making Windows Defender as good or even better than paid options