Does anyboddy have some experience with Thinkpad E14 Gen 2?

Merkey

Hi, I am looking for a new laptop for a university. I am going to be doing mainly programming and running some algebra systems on it (Maple, Matlab).

The budget is 800 - 850 euros and one of the laptops that caught my attention was the Thinkpad E14 Gen 2. It seems to have a very good performance, build quality and keyboard, but I am not sure about the battery life (45 Wh with an 8 core CPU).

I haven't found many reviews on this laptop. Would you recommend it, or are there any better options for a college laptop in this price range?

4 hours ago, Merkey said:

Hi, I am looking for a new laptop for a university. I am going to be doing mainly programming and running some algebra systems on it (Maple, Matlab).

The budget is 800 - 850 euros and one of the laptops that caught my attention was the Thinkpad E14 Gen 2. It seems to have a very good performance, build quality and keyboard, but I am not sure about the battery life (45 Wh with an 8 core CPU).

I haven't found many reviews on this laptop. Would you recommend it, or are there any better options for a college laptop in this price range?

-Sigh- Get a MacBook, there's a reason they dominate campus' and it's because they're just effortless to run. 

I have the ThinkPad E15 low end spec for work and it's crap. Build quality is abysmal, deck flex everywhere, chassis flex everywhere, I can press on the top when closed and it visibly flexes. Personally don't like the keyboard and you will be wanting a mouse rather than use the keyboard.

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

12 hours ago, Darkseth said:

15w tdp

OEMs can set a higher limit - E15 is configured to have 25w long term power limit

12 hours ago, Merkey said:

Would you recommend it, or are there any better options for a college laptop in this price range?

Are there any other Thinkpads within your budget?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

9 hours ago, genexis_x said:

Are there any other Thinkpads within your budget?

Just Thinkpad E14-IML - Intel versions of the same laptop.