Apple September event

Lord Vile
6 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

That's a launch delay they're still launching one this year so it will be finalised by now and in production. Was expecting a later launch but it's weird it wasn't announced here.

I can't see them making an announcement as big as the iPhone without absolute certainty. 

There's a ripple effect in many markets vs. something like a new watch or computer.

You launch an iPhone, that phone better we waiting in port to ship in the next week or so.

9 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

I can't see them making an announcement as big as the iPhone without absolute certainty. 

There's a ripple effect in many markets vs. something like a new watch or computer.

You launch an iPhone, that phone better we waiting in port to ship in the next week or so.

They have stock of the next phone just not as much as they want, they've said it's coming manufacture is already well underway because if it's not it won't be launching this year. Also also the largest issue would be internals and the new iPad runs the A14, so they clearly have the parts.

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

3 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

They have stock of the next phone just not as much as they want, they've said it's coming manufacture is already well underway because if it's not it won't be launching this year. Also also the largest issue would be internals and the new iPad runs the A14, so they clearly have the parts.

Yeah, none of that has much to do with what I said lol.

My only point is it wasn't a surprise they didn't announces the phone as they've indicated previously that they aren't prepared to do so.

Just now, Den-Fi said:

Yeah, none of that has much to do with what I said lol.

My only point is it wasn't a surprise they didn't announces the phone as they've indicated previously that they aren't prepared to do so.

Apart from they haven't indicated that at all. 

2 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

Apart from they haven't indicated that at all. 

I mean they literally did and I quoted it from their CFO, but ok.

I never used to wear a watch so an Apple Watch was perfect. Generally I hated watches before I got it.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

Just a raise of hands how many people are going to update their 6S or first generation SE to iOS 14? I'm still a mechanical watch type of guy so Apple Watches or any smart watch for that matter still don't excite me. The hassle of charging another device every day is just something I don't need. Plus I like seeing the craftsmanship in my time pieces. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

-= Locked for Moderation =-

-= Thread Cleaned =-

Lets keep from unnecessary arguing, ok?

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

19 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

O2 monitor seems cool but not £400 cool.

I got a few cheap chinese knockoffs that have had an o2 monitor for years. I doubt anyway as accurate or reliable as an Apple Watch (like, none of them agree on steps walked for instance) but if you want to play around with the idea...

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

14 hours ago, rajubhaiya said:

I am looking forward to positional audio with Airpods Pro. Time to rewatch some stuff on Apple TV on my iPad Pro.

Never seen much point in positional audiofor watching stuff on headphones, always seems off.