Custom power button

Goki223

Hello guys. I am putting a custom power button for my pc, but i don't know how should i connect everything. So the button itself is just some normal led momentary power switch, but as it is meant for use not only for pc's but for some other things as well it has 6 connectors on the back. My question is which connector should i connect to what and what am i going to need for it? By the way those pins got a bit bent in the transport.

dugme.thumb.jpg.d8da3a682623bf762b7379c36a4f5f26.jpgkonektori.thumb.jpg.c4ac2f0599bf1554e0ef67f2bf1fb7ab.jpg119517259_744321666127078_6355048199377556944_n.thumb.jpg.8e723fdece00e445c5a955fc8f7da06b.jpg 

6 minutes ago, Goki223 said:

Hello guys. I am putting a custom power button for my pc, but i don't know how should i connect everything. So the button itself is just some normal led momentary power switch, but as it is meant for use not only for pc's but for some other things as well it has 6 connectors on the back. My question is which connector should i connect to what and what am i going to need for it? By the way those pins got a bit bent in the transport.

We won't be able to tell without part documentation. You'll have to test yourself to find the LED power leads and switched contacts

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

At a guess I would say 1 & 3 are normally closed and 2 & 4 are normally open and that the 2 in the middle are for the light.

At a closer look I realize what I thought I saw and based my guess on isn't there.

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

4 minutes ago, keskparane said:

At a guess I would say 1 & 3 are normally closed and 2 & 4 are normally open and that the 2 in the middle are for the light.

To be honest i don't know much about this stuff, so i don't know what the open ones and closed ones do. If you can tell me which one to connect to power sw "+" and which one to "-" that'd be great. 

Look at the diagram for the button. It will tell you what each pin is. We cannot know without any other documentation as anything can be anything. Doesn't really matter which ends go on sw+ and - as it's just a button and all it has to do is give a short connection. For the led IT MATTERS A LOT because if you do it wrong the led will go poof and maybe the pins on the board too.

9 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Look at the diagram for the button. It will tell you what each pin is. We cannot know without any other documentation as anything can be anything. Doesn't really matter which ends go on sw+ and - as it's just a button and all it has to do is give a short connection. For the led IT MATTERS A LOT because if you do it wrong the led will go poof and maybe the pins on the board too.

So basically i should just connect any open to any closed and it should work?

31 minutes ago, Goki223 said:

So basically i should just connect any open to any closed and it should work?

No. Look for documentation. They will be in pairs that are connected to eachother the led will be a different pair too.

in would have to guess it would be the middle 2, but I cant see any documentation. Try the + and - ends, then swap them if it doesn't work. Id assume the rest are for LEDs

The best idea would just be to contact the manufacturer and ask.

PC: 

i5 8400 - RTX 2060 - Strix B360-I - Thermaltake 240mm AIO - 16GB Vengeance RGB PRO - CRYSTAL 280X - HD Plex 400w AC/DC Converter

CUSTOM KEYBOARD:

Gmmk Pro  - Gateron ink Black v2 lubed and filmed - GMK Red Samurai - PC plate - Zeal stabs

DAILY TECH:

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Smartwatch - Galaxy A70 - Bose QC Earbuds - Bose SoundLink Wireless - Ultimate Ears Wonderboom