IKEA working with ROG to bring furniture FOR GAMING!!

maksakal
15 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

French rococo?  An early style that was more of a statement about hand carving ability than anything else.  Furniture had movements just like architecture or painting or books or movies or a lot of things really.

So that's what that design language is called. Anyways, that sort of design does not fit the modern condominiums and town houses that Vancouver is known for. And is most likely the reason why those stores get zero foot traffic. While places like IKEA and Structube are bustling.

Side note, Structube also has their problems. As far as I can tell, they're essentially drop shipping furniture (at least from my experience living on the West Coast where they just recently started operations in). The sales rep told us a sofa we ordered was going to take a few months to ship but had no exact date because it would be hand made in Montreal. Got the sofa delivered about a month later with "Made in China" conveniently printed on the same label that had the Structube logo plus it had a very obvious manufacturing defect. Way to go lads.  

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

I'm pretty excited to see what comes of this...though I have no idea how they plan to release 30 different products. Clearly there's going to be some winners and some losers with that many SKUs coming out. I'm hoping they do something with a rising desk.

8 hours ago, jasonvp said:

Pretty much: stop there.  IKEA is the single worst peddler of garbage "furniture" in the world.  Cheap, stylish, junk that falls apart in no time.  Buy real furniture that will last.  If you can't afford it, save your money until you can.  Then: buy furniture that will last.  DON'T shop at IKEA.  Good grief!

They sell affordable furniture, so that people that aren't that well off actually have something to use. Not everyone can afford to sit around saving for months to buy a single piece, especially when it comes to things like childrens furniture that likely won't be around for more than a few years anyway. Plus, if you take care of it, it'll last.

5 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

Alright but as I expected... it's exactly the same (everywhere, just different pricing obviously) tbf from experience not everything is trash but usually it's just really low quality, paint coming off, table feets breaking etc ...

Their stuff really isn't that bad if you don't beat on it and take care of it. I've had Ikea stuff before, and it's all been excellent. It hasn't even been expensive. $20 side tables? Lasted 5 years. The table top I have now has lasted 3 and looks as good as it did the day I got it. I had a pair of red table tops I used as desks and they got several positive remarks from passers-by...in a very upscale neighborhood.

5 hours ago, jasonvp said:

I know there will be counter-examples that pop up here and there, but they're exceptions, not the rule.  And exceptions are just that: exceptions.  Buy from IKEA and you're throwing good money after bad.  You're going to be replacing that piece of shit you just bought in a couple of years with another piece of... well hopefully better furniture, but likely shit again because folks just can't stop shopping there for some reason.

Buy real furniture.  Real desks made by real desk makers.  Pay the extra money.  It'll outlast the house you're in.  Seriously.

Or don't, and keep buying new desks and chairs and whatever else, every few years.

Not necessarily. You might, others can actually take care of the stuff that they have.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

On 9/14/2020 at 8:13 AM, jasonvp said:

I know there will be counter-examples that pop up here and there, but they're exceptions, not the rule.  And exceptions are just that: exceptions.  Buy from IKEA and you're throwing good money after bad.  You're going to be replacing that piece of shit you just bought in a couple of years with another piece of... well hopefully better furniture, but likely shit again because folks just can't stop shopping there for some reason.

Buy real furniture.  Real desks made by real desk makers.  Pay the extra money.  It'll outlast the house you're in.  Seriously.

Or don't, and keep buying new desks and chairs and whatever else, every few years.

Depends on how often you move.  The difficulty  with flat pack furniture is it’s not meant to be moved with or taken apart and put back together again.  If that doesn’t happen to it it’s basically regular furniture

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Wonder what the price will be, and the quality of materials.

I've bought a few IKEA $200 office chairs before, and they are nice, but little things usually wear down on them like the position lock for the tilt. Damn thing doesn't hold up.

I bought a refurbished Hermon Miller Aeron for $400 off of OfferUp and honestly it's 10x better than anything IKEA has put out.

G A M I N G  T A B L E

yes please

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

4 hours ago, EChondo said:

Wonder what the price will be, and the quality of materials.

I've bought a few IKEA $200 office chairs before, and they are nice, but little things usually wear down on them like the position lock for the tilt. Damn thing doesn't hold up.

I bought a refurbished Hermon Miller Aeron for $400 off of OfferUp and honestly it's 10x better than anything IKEA has put out.

So paying $200 for a new chair nets you less chair than paying $400 for a used one.  That definitely sounds reasonable. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I was looking for a gaming desk I thought they looked pretty nice  using a drafting desk currently.

If they wanted to make a good gaming desk the height would be adjustable. Alot of gaming desks are 30" inches high which is way too high for alot of chairs and isn't really ergo for alot of people and setups my desk is like 26" which is fully adjustable can even adjust in the incline because it's a drafting desk.

1 hour ago, Comixbooks said:

I was looking for a gaming desk I thought they looked pretty nice  using a drafting desk currently.

If they wanted to make a good gaming desk the height would be adjustable. Alot of gaming desks are 30" inches high which is way too high for alot of chairs and isn't really ergo for alot of people and setups my desk is like 26" which is fully adjustable can even adjust in the incline because it's a drafting desk.

I used a drafting desk in high school for a homework desk mostly because it was adjustable and made out of tubular steel so it wouldn’t squeak and make noise which drove me batshit.