IKEA working with ROG to bring furniture FOR GAMING!!

maksakal

Summary

IKEA teams up with Republic of Gamers (ROG) to develop a new range of affordable gaming furniture and accessories to bring the gaming experience at home to a new level. The range consisting of about 30 products will be launched first in China in February 2021, and from October 2021 it will be available in other IKEA markets.

Quotes

Together with a new collaborating partner, Republic of Gamers, IKEA will launch the first series of products designed specifically for the gamers to bring the comfort of gaming experience to a new level.

Republic of Gamers (ROG) is one of the leading brands in gaming industry, designing high quality, innovative hardware and gear for gamers. By teaming up with ROG, IKEA wants to combine home furnishing knowledge with ROG’s expertise in creating exceptional gaming experience. Together, we set out to help the many gamers (and their families) welcome gaming home through developing the new range of affordable and ergonomic gaming furniture & accessories, designed to increase performance while also blend in beautifully to homes.

The new gaming range is developed in IKEA Product Development Centre in China, Shanghai. As a starting point for the product development process, IKEA and ROG designers and engineers had several workshops together with professional gamers and gaming lovers in Shanghai to explore home furnishing needs of gamers and identify the list of functions needed to secure a high quality gaming experience at home.

My thoughts

Interoprability with RGB controllers would be nice. If anybody can break the market and bring decent quality products for a decent price it's IKEA, so it would be nice to have a nice desk without having to break the bank.

Sources

Inter IKEA Group | Newsroom : IKEA welcomes gaming home in collaboration with ROG

First AMD bike now ROG furniture. What next Razer GUM? wait.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

ROGKEA?

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 | i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |

1 minute ago, Smit Devrukhkar said:

and we also have the Razer Toaster too dont forget... 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, Smit Devrukhkar said:

Just now, Skiiwee29 said:

and we also have the Razer Toaster too dont forget... 

Of course we also have the Logitech x Herman Miller desk chair..

This honestly just feels like ASUS ROG was jealous of Logitech and was like "well uh.. we can also get a furniture manufacturer to work with us!"

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

9 minutes ago, maksakal said:

IKEA teams up with Republic of Gamers (ROG) to develop a new range of affordable gaming furniture and accessories to bring the gaming experience at home to a new level.

I'm so done.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Should be something cool to see, but I still don't believe it will be cheap. Asus want their coins and won't be going for no bottom deals, haha.

Leonidas Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X3D | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black | MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHz  4x8 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

Maximus Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6700 XT Power Color Fighter | Asrock B550M-Itx/AC | Corsair Vengeance CL 16 3200 MHz 2x8 16 GB | Fractal Ridge Case (HTPC)

11 minutes ago, maksakal said:

Summary

IKEA teams up with

Pretty much: stop there.  IKEA is the single worst peddler of garbage "furniture" in the world.  Cheap, stylish, junk that falls apart in no time.  Buy real furniture that will last.  If you can't afford it, save your money until you can.  Then: buy furniture that will last.  DON'T shop at IKEA.  Good grief!

Editing Rig: Mac Pro 7,1

System Specs: 3.2GHz 16-core Xeon | 96GB ECC DDR4 | AMD Radeon Pro W6800X Duo | Lots of SSD and NVMe storage |

Audio: Universal Audio Apollo Thunderbolt-3 Interface |

Displays: 3 x LG 32UL950-W displays |

Gaming Rig: PC

System Specs:  Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme | AMD 7800X3D | 64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 6000MHz RAM | NVidia 4090 FE card (OC'd) | Corsair AX1500i power supply | CaseLabs Magnum THW10 case (RIP CaseLabs ) |

Audio:  Sound Blaster AE-9 card | Mackie DL32R Mixer | Sennheiser HDV820 amp | Sennheiser HD820 phones | Rode Broadcaster mic |

Display: Asus PG32UQX 4K/144Hz displayBenQ EW3280U display

Cooling:  2 x EK 140 Revo D5 Pump/Res | EK Quantum Magnitude CPU block | EK 4090FE waterblock | AlphaCool 480mm x 60mm rad | AlphaCool 560mm x 60mm rad | 13 x Noctua 120mm fans | 8 x Noctua 140mm fans | 2 x Aquaero 6XT fan controllers |

25 minutes ago, maksakal said:

decent quality

25 minutes ago, maksakal said:

IKEA

Good one! 🤣

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

3 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Good one! 🤣

Honestly IKEA isn't crap in every country

In mine, the quality of IKEA is actually quite good, albeit a bit pricey

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Nice

interested to see what they see as „ GAMING FURNITURE „ 

Edited by Drama Lama

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

3 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

While the quality maybe is subjective, you know that their stuff is mostly the same anywhere right? They're the McDonald's of furniture...!

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

39 minutes ago, maksakal said:

Summary

IKEA teams up with Republic of Gamers (ROG) to develop a new range of affordable gaming furniture and accessories to bring the gaming experience at home to a new level. The range consisting of about 30 products will be launched first in China in February 2021, and from October 2021 it will be available in other IKEA markets.

Quotes

My thoughts

Interoprability with RGB controllers would be nice. If anybody can break the market and bring decent quality products for a decent price it's IKEA, so it would be nice to have a nice desk without having to break the bank.

Sources

Inter IKEA Group | Newsroom : IKEA welcomes gaming home in collaboration with ROG

It will give you 500+ fps in Microsoft flight simulator and a dent in your pocket

9 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

Same where I'm at.

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 | i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |

2 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

While the quality maybe is subjective, you know that their stuff is mostly the same anywhere right? They're the McDonald's of furniture...!

Still beats some of the stuffs we have here locally

That said, I've been to IKEA in aus, the furniture quality was way lower than my local IKEA

10 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

The desk I'm sitting at rightnow I bought at IKEA. A decent workshop bench/desk would cost me 600+ euro, but i don't need that. My desk cost me 60 euro's. It's scuffed, marked and here and there broken. For a 60 euro desk, the quality is good enough. IKEA also has 300+ euro desks which can compete with the 600+ euro desks from other brands.

And lets be honest, IKEA makes their stuff in China. Let's not preternd other brands don't do the same.

42 minutes ago, jasonvp said:

Pretty much: stop there.  IKEA is the single worst peddler of garbage "furniture" in the world.  Cheap, stylish, junk that falls apart in no time.  Buy real furniture that will last.  If you can't afford it, save your money until you can.  Then: buy furniture that will last.  DON'T shop at IKEA.  Good grief!

2 years ago I searched through most of the "bespoke" "custom" "oak" and all that jazz furniture stores for an item I needed, the price I got quoted was £2700 I was on a time table, my Wife was coming out of hospital about to start home dialysis and our living room was being turned into a bedroom for her, complete with full entertainment system and a 55" UHD TV at a range from her chair equivalent to a 28" monitor on a desk, I had Oculus rift, Xbox one X, Ps4 and a gaming computer I built, plus her crafting items, I managed to get a wall unit from Ikea that cost £399 fit a 5ft by 5ft wall alcove, including a set of cupboards for all her medical equipment. I built it in a night (2am by the time I finished).

Now three years later that unit is still behind me (you see it when I stream) the room is now my living room after my Wife died in 2018, it is still solid and now sits my LG 55" ps4, Xbox one X and gaming equipment.

The point of this story is that unit is NOT garbage and will probably outlast me, it is rigid in construction and very well designed.

Edited by Calranthe
Changed the last bit to be more polite :)

18 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

Still beats some of the stuffs we have here locally

That said, I've been to IKEA in aus, the furniture quality was way lower than my local IKEA

Fair enough, though that's why I said it's subjective.

Can you give me a link to your Ikea, I'm just curious because I was under the impression ikea is really 90% the same anywhere (only compared north america with europe though tbh)

17 minutes ago, maksakal said:

And lets be honest, IKEA makes their stuff in China. Let's not preternd other brands don't do the same

That's also not wrong though quite a few things here are actually made here too (though that's definitely not a guarantee of quality either)

IMG_20200914_125458.thumb.jpg.b0da2794bf709b3019754e717cc4e5e2.jpg

^ made, not just "designed" ,made in germany... (sorry it might be a bit dusty...)

Though also those can often go in the 1000s € easily, tho this wasn't, more like 300 (discounted) iirc

PS: the boxes are from Ikea, of course 😅

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 minute ago, Mark Kaine said:

Can you give me a link to your Ikea

I don't shop IKEA online, I walk in

Malaysia is the country

I believe they manufacture some products here because Malaysia does produce furniture from scratch, so the quality of furniture here may be higher

Crappy IKEA cardboard furniture, now with RGB. Yay. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

Just now, DaRk0 said:

Crappy IKEA cardboard furniture, now with RGB. Yay. 

That is really the problem with Ikea isn't it. If it's full wood, metal, glass it might be decent but it often isn't and indeed barely more durable than cardboard (and if it's higher quality it's of course also rather expensive)

I got 2 really old halogen lamps from them... Great design, quality is god damn awful, they both make buzzing sounds constantly plus something that sounds like dripping water lol... Incredible. I don't really use them anymore, but those 2 lamps alone speak a lot of the"quality" of their products...

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 hour ago, jasonvp said:

There was a desk from Ikea in my old apartment... From 1991.