Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pythonmegapixel

Your unpopular (non-political, non-offensive) opinions!

10 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

Two consenting adults should be able to duel to the death, with guns, fists, or other methods.

If the weapons are legal, then it is legal. Tho killing the other person is illegal regardless, you can't press charges while dead so the state does automatically. 

FOLDING MONTH IS AMONG US

Either (@piratemonkey) or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

43 minutes ago, piratemonkey said:

If the weapons are legal, then it is legal. Tho killing the other person is illegal regardless, you can't press charges while dead so the state does automatically. 

all weapons should be legal for this purpose.  nuke duels would be this country's greatest pastime. 

1 hour ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

Two consenting adults should be able to duel to the death, with guns, fists, or other methods.

not all consenting adults are fit to consent.

I got two.

"Girly drinks" are better than "manly drinks."  Even as a man.  The end goal of drinking is either to have a good time and/or get drunk.  I can down and enjoy kinky blue and sprite, margaritas, long island iced teas, half the "irl translated recipes" from Va11halla.  Those all taste good, they're easy to down, and they have tons of alcohol.  But no, something is wrong with me for enjoying my alcohol over wanting to burn my throat with the bourbon, scotch, and only the world's most finest, Tennessee whiskey.  If I'm going to get drunk, I want to enjoy it.

Second one, Fortnite isn't bad.  I know, I dare to say that.  You see too many people being like, "haha fortnite suxxs!  Why does it sux?  I don't know but Epic made it so it must sux."  Fortnite isn't my thing, I'm not a huge battle royale guy, but if I'm going to play one it'll be Warzone.  But Fortnite doesn't suck.  It came at the right time when it's only competition was PUBG, and it did something different for battle royales.  It introduced proper verticality with the crafting mechanic.  Even today, it remains different from Apex Legends, Fall Guys, Warzone, and Tetris 99 through it's crafting mechanic.  It's not my favorite, I don't think it's great, but it's not a bad game for what it is.  (Free, that's what it is, free, remember that)

Currently focusing on my video game collection.  Here's what I got so far.  

Keep in mind I'm still grabbing multiplatform games on PC, unless they happen to be cheaper on PS4 or Switch (such as RDR2 as of right now)

Currently Playing:  

• Pokemon Sword - Switch
  • Super Mario 3D All-Stars - Switch

Games Beaten:

• Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Switch
  • A Way Out - PS4

(will be reset at the beginning of each month)

Put on hold:

• Splatoon 2 - Switch

How many games I'm needing:

• DS: 82
  • Wii: 38
  • 360/PS3: 84
  • 3DS: 60
  • Wii U: 7
  • PS Vita: 34
  • PS4: 18
  • Switch: 14

Microsoft Flight simulator should still be in the beta.All the aircraft are inoperable , There a painstaking amount of bugs and it just isnt a good flight simulator experience

8 hours ago, piratemonkey said:

Well, when you consent to the duel, you acknowledge and accept the possibility of death.

What he meant was for the state to not press charges when the involved parties already consented to the duel beforehand.

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 | i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |

On 9/16/2020 at 9:13 PM, Mooshi said:

iPhones aren't really a status symbol and could be considered "cheap" compared to base models of some phones from the Android side.

$1K S20 vs $699 iPhone 11 being a good example.

The "you have an Android so you can't afford an iPhone" mindset by some is so dumb.

It gets even better than that.  The current iPhone SE is now $299 at Walmart rn.  It has an older design, it doesn't have the highest resolution screen, but the specs inside.  That's the full Apple A13 chip in it.  For $300 that's a killer deal, you're getting flagship (internal) specs for $300.

Keep in mind I'm still grabbing multiplatform games on PC, unless they happen to be cheaper on PS4 or Switch (such as RDR2 as of right now)

Currently Playing:  

• Pokemon Sword - Switch

Games Beaten:

• A Way Out - PS4

Put on hold:

• Splatoon 2 - Switch

Posted · Original PosterOP
10 minutes ago, kaiju_wars said:

It gets even better than that.  The current iPhone SE is now $299 at Walmart rn.  It has an older design, it doesn't have the highest resolution screen, but the specs inside.  That's the full Apple A13 chip in it.  For $300 that's a killer deal, you're getting flagship (internal) specs for $300.

Yeah, and to go even further (because why not), even if you have the money for a flagship, for a good proporiton of users these days a flagship would be a waste of money because a cheaper Android would do the job just as well...  of course those who consider phones a status symbol will still buy the flagships even if they have no use for them.

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

Just now, pythonmegapixel said:

Yeah, and to go even further (because why not), even if you have the money for a flagship, for a good proporiton of users these days a flagship would be a waste of money because a cheaper Android would do the job just as well...  of course those who consider phones a status symbol will still buy the flagships even if they have no use for them.

At that point, why even get a cheaper Android with lesser specs when I can get full flagship specs for a budget phone price.  $300 gets you a lot of phone nowadays.  It's not even a status symbol at that point. 

Currently Playing:  

• Pokemon Sword - Switch

Games Beaten:

• A Way Out - PS4

Put on hold:

• Splatoon 2 - Switch

21 minutes ago, kaiju_wars said:

At that point, why even get a cheaper Android with lesser specs when I can get full flagship specs for a budget phone price.  $300 gets you a lot of phone nowadays.  It's not even a status symbol at that point. 

$300 isn't even cheap these days. You can get a phone which will do everything except heavy gaming for $150.

But yes, if you're spending $300, and don't have an objection to iOS (I know some people hate it) then an iPhone SE for that amount is a killer deal.

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

Bicycles are too slow for the road and should not share it. Here in PA, we have a law where you must give four feet of space in order to pass them. Problem is, these jackarses ride on the smallest most windy back roads and you can't see to pass them safely. Nor can you give enough room. Nor can you freaking see them until it's almost too late (blind corners and hills). They are also not supposed to ride on the white line on the shoulder, but rather IN the shoulder. Well guess what? They don't follow that either. It's even worse when they ride in groups. Don't get me started on the "bike" lanes. They are NOT bike lanes (not here anyway) they are just a halfarsed shoulder with a bike painted in the middle of it. These particular roads are major thoroughfares (45-50+mph) and I still think they should just NOT be on those roads.

/endrant

2 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

Bicycles are too slow for the road and should not share it. Here in PA, we have a law where you must give four feet of space in order to pass them. Problem is, these jackarses ride on the smallest most windy back roads and you can't see to pass them safely. Nor can you give enough room. Nor can you freaking see them until it's almost too late (blind corners and hills). They are also not supposed to ride on the white line on the shoulder, but rather IN the shoulder. Well guess what? They don't follow that either. It's even worse when they ride in groups. Don't get me started on the "bike" lanes. They are NOT bike lanes (not here anyway) they are just a halfarsed shoulder with a bike painted in the middle of it. These particular roads are major thoroughfares (45-50+mph) and I still think they should just NOT be on those roads.

We had this discussion a few pages ago.

The upshot was that these problems are caused by a mixture of terrible cyclists who don't have a clue how to ride a bike, and inadequate off road cycling infrastructure forcing cyclists onto the road, with a bit of incompetent driving thrown in.

You are absolutely correct that cyclists don't belong on the road. Where they belong is cycle paths, fully segregated from the road, but authorities don't build enough of them in many countries.

pythonmegapixel

1 minute ago, pythonmegapixel said:

ou are absolutely correct that cyclists don't belong on the road. Where they belong is cycle paths, fully segregated from the road, but authorities don't build enough of them in many countries.

We have a few bike paths in my area. One follows i275 and I see shit loads of people using it. I agree, we need more paths, because it would be safer and promote less people to drive. Less people on the roads leads to less accidents and road rage. 

18 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

RGB is hideous and overclocking is stupid in the day of multi-core, multi-gigahertz CPUs.

But-but, you can get an extra 3% performance by merely doubling thermal load on the system!  It's totally worth it!

#Muricaparrotgang

Folding@Home Stats | Current PC Loadout:

Small                        Bigger                        Biggest
Fractal Design Focus G       NZXT H1                       Fractal Design Meshify C
FX-8320                      Ryzen 3 3200G                 Ryzen 7 3700X
120mm AIO                    120mm AIO                     Noctua NH-D15
A motherboard                ASRock B450 mobo              MSI x570 mobo
16gb DDR3                    16gb DDR4 @ 3200              16gb DDR4 @ 3600
a melange of HDDs/SSDs       WD 1tb m.2                    WD 1tb m.2/2tb HDD
PNY GTX 1070 x2              MSI RTX 2080 Super            MSI RTX 2080 TI
some 650w PSU                650W SFX-L 80Plus Gold        EVGA SuperNova 750w 80+ GOLD PSU

46 minutes ago, Rybo said:

But-but, you can get an extra 3% performance by merely doubling thermal load on the system!  It's totally worth it!

And don't forget the racing stripes and spoiler!

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

16 hours ago, piratemonkey said:

It’s asking for political view points, not wether it’s possible/legal or not.

-it’s scuff Gang btw, I hated the name and needed a change
Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx580 @1.45ghz mem=2100mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 @3800mhz

mobo: Asus b450f

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

On 9/15/2020 at 6:50 AM, Xvaster said:

Humanitaries studies are mainly needed for inductrination purposes

The only good thing that came out of my useless gen-ed classes in college was a way to pad my GPA.

Unless you are buying a gaming laptop, always put more money into your CPU than your GPU, unless you have the money for a higher-end GPU.  That flagship CPU you just bought will likely be good enough for at least one GPU upgrade cycle.

Example: The i7-6700k was considered "overkill" when my dad and I paired it with a GTX 1070.  Now, he's likely to pair it with an RTX 2070 SUPER, which the i5-6600k simply would not keep up with 100% of the way.  That i7 was worth it!

I have a G7 and it's DELLicious!!!

| #HuaweiSucks | #MacsAreGoodComputersToo |

Meet Hex, my hexacore laptop!

i7-8750H  (6c/12t)
GTX 1060 Max-Q 6GB

16GB DDR4-2666

1TB Crucial P1 M.2 NVMe (boot)

2TB Crucial MX500 SATA III (games)

1080p IPS 60Hz display

also in use...

Logitech G603 wireless gaming mouse

HyperX Stinger wireless gaming headset

Other tech: Product(RED) Apple iPhone XR 256GB, Logitech G203 Prodigy, Cooler Master Devastator II (just the keyboard), Sennheiser HD4.40BT, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Corsair HS70 wireless gaming headset

dill pickles are good.

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread      imgflip account

website     folding at home stats

pc:

Spoiler

laptop: macbook air 13.3”

Spoiler

RAM: 4GB 1333MHz

CPU: Intel Core i5 2557M

SSD: 128GB

desktop: operation badger

Spoiler

RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

SSD: 256GB

GPU: Radeon RX 470 OC

Cinebench score: 3428

Temps: CPU idle 45C, load 75C, top 85C. GPU idle 50C, load ~65C*.

(*Playing Minecraft it goes to 50C and haven't stressed it yet, so this is a guesstimate)

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

10 minutes ago, Techstorm970 said:

Example: The i7-6700k was considered "overkill" when my dad and I paired it with a GTX 1070.  Now, he's likely to pair it with an RTX 2070 SUPER, which the i5-6600k simply would not keep up with 100% of the way.  That i7 was worth it!

I mean it probably will keep up with a 2070s no problem at 1440p or 4K 

AMD blackout rig

15 hours ago, iNternalB said:

not all consenting adults are fit to consent.

If they understand what they’re signing they are, all you need is consent, and that they’re not under the influence of drugs or alcohol when giving consent.

AMD blackout rig

8 minutes ago, wall03 said:

dill pickles are good.

They’re the Better pickle.

AMD blackout rig

The gender pay gap will always exist until men are no longer considered the primary earner for a family.

AMD R7 2700 | 2x8 3000Mhz Corsair LPX | B450M Mortar  | GTX 1070 6GB | Noctua DH-N14 | Corsair MP50 480GB | BitFenix Phenom M | Corsair AX760 | Khadas Soundboard + JDS Labs Atom | Debian 10 SID

Thanks let me know if I said something useful. Cheers!