Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pythonmegapixel

Your unpopular (non-political, non-offensive) opinions!

This thread is a contradiction. An unpopular opinion is by definition offensive to the majority of people.

:D :D :D I imagine that opinion will be very unpopular.

I will never succumb to the New Cult and I reject the leadership of @Aelar_Nailo and his wicked parrot armies led by @FakeCIA and @DildorTheDecent. I will keep my eyes pure and remain dedicated to the path of the One True; IlLinusNati

I know it says nothing offensive but...

Eating pizza with knife and fork is superior

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Posted · Original PosterOP

Let me just chime in with a couple more of my own.

1) exclusive partnerships with specific retailers are dumb. They make it harder for consumers to get hold of a specific product, and if one retailer has an issue, then the product simply isn't available.

2) the apple watch doesn't look all that nice at all.

Hi there! If you know about upgrading old machines with SSDs, I could really do with some help over in this thread. Any assistance would be appreciated - thanks! :)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

I think that alcohol and smoking are both really bad, and that we would be better off (slowly) entirely getting rid of them. Literally the only positive sides of them are that it gives some jobs, and it gives some people pleasure. The amount of trouble it creates vastly outweighs these benefits, in my opinion.

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

26 minutes ago, TomvanWijnen said:

I think that alcohol and smoking are both really bad, and that we would be better off (slowly) entirely getting rid of them. Literally the only positive sides of them are that it gives some jobs, and it gives some people pleasure. The amount of trouble it creates vastly outweighs these benefits, in my opinion.

Ah, but you're discounting the unseen benefits of people not going completely nuts and hulking out on random people, all thanks to the stress relieving benefits of smoking/drinking.  

#Muricaparrotgang

Folding@Home Stats | Current PC Loadout:

Small                        Bigger                        Biggest
Fractal Design Focus G       NZXT H1                       Fractal Design Meshify C
FX-8320                      Ryzen 3 3200G                 Ryzen 7 3700X
120mm AIO                    120mm AIO                     Noctua NH-D15
A motherboard                ASRock B450 mobo              MSI x570 mobo
16gb DDR3                    16gb DDR4 @ 3200              16gb DDR4 @ 3600
a melange of HDDs/SSDs       WD 1tb m.2                    WD 1tb m.2/2tb HDD
PNY GTX 1070 x2              MSI RTX 2080 Super            MSI RTX 2080 TI
some 650w PSU                650W SFX-L 80Plus Gold        EVGA SuperNova 750w 80+ GOLD PSU

1 minute ago, Rybo said:

Ah, but you're discounting the unseen benefits of people not going completely nuts and hulking out on random people, all thanks to the stress relieving benefits of smoking/drinking.  

There is theproblem of the intoxicating nature of alcohol, and a substantial amount of crime is comitted by drunks...

Hi there! If you know about upgrading old machines with SSDs, I could really do with some help over in this thread. Any assistance would be appreciated - thanks! :)

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

1 hour ago, pythonmegapixel said:

There is theproblem of the intoxicating nature of alcohol, and a substantial amount of crime is comitted by drunks...

This is an eternal struggle at basically every level of existence: you can quantify what happened had you taken the path you took: after all, you took it.  However, you cannot quantify what didn't happen -- or what would have happened had you made a different decision.  I think there's a word for the problem, but it does not come to mind.  

However, that's unimportant.  What's important is that I'm trying to make a point, so I'm going to weaponize that phenomenon against you: FOR ALL YOU KNOW A SOBER SOCIETY WOULD HAVE COMMITTED MILLIONS MORE CRIMES THAN THE DRUNKEN SOCIETY WE HAVE NOW!  IT MAKES SENSE.  JUST THINK ABOUT IT!  

#Muricaparrotgang

Folding@Home Stats | Current PC Loadout:

Small                        Bigger                        Biggest
Fractal Design Focus G       NZXT H1                       Fractal Design Meshify C
FX-8320                      Ryzen 3 3200G                 Ryzen 7 3700X
120mm AIO                    120mm AIO                     Noctua NH-D15
A motherboard                ASRock B450 mobo              MSI x570 mobo
16gb DDR3                    16gb DDR4 @ 3200              16gb DDR4 @ 3600
a melange of HDDs/SSDs       WD 1tb m.2                    WD 1tb m.2/2tb HDD
PNY GTX 1070 x2              MSI RTX 2080 Super            MSI RTX 2080 TI
some 650w PSU                650W SFX-L 80Plus Gold        EVGA SuperNova 750w 80+ GOLD PSU

2 minutes ago, Rybo said:

FOR ALL YOU KNOW A SOBER SOCIETY WOULD HAVE COMMITTED MILLIONS MORE CRIMES THAN THE DRUNKEN SOCIETY WE HAVE NOW!  IT MAKES SENSE.  JUST THINK ABOUT IT!  

Correct. However we cannot know for certain if that is true without trying it out...

pythonmegapixel

15 hours ago, pythonmegapixel said:

Correct. However we cannot know for certain if that is true without trying it out...

Like you I'm in the UK. If in the UK the government tried to take our alcohol away, their heads would be mounted on spikes. They could take away anything else, and we'd grumble but ultimately do nothing, but alcohol would be our red line. They may take away our lives! But they will never take our beer/cider/wine/spirits/cocktails (delete as applicable)!   

8 hours ago, Monkey Dust said:

Like you I'm in the UK. If in the UK the government tried to take our alcohol away, their heads would be mounted on spikes. They could take away anything else, and we'd grumble but ultimately do nothing, but alcohol would be our red line. They may take away our lives! But they will never take our beer/cider/wine/spirits/cocktails (delete as applicable)!   

That is because many people are addicted (to some degree) to it, which, in my opinion, is also bad. ;)

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

Chicken is overrated and coffee smells good (not unpopular yet), but tastes horrible.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

Sorry if my post seemed rude, that is never my intention.

"Why do we suffer a lifetime for a moment of happiness?" - Anonymous

3 minutes ago, minibois said:

Chicken is overrated and coffee smells good (not unpopular yet), but tastes horrible.

In terms of taste and consistency, I actually prefer chicken over pork, so I don't agree with you on this. But coffee smelling amazing yet tasting really not good, totally agree.

Here is one of them...

Game of Thrones is boooring. Marco Polo on Netflix is better.

And another one...

Chicken breast is NOT the best part of the chicken. I am a thighs man myself.

Cheers.

Andrzej

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos. Oh, and you know the thing about chaos? It's fair."

/ Polak / Husband / Employee / Hetero / Carnivorous / Fugly / Geek / @$$hole / with ADD / Roman Catholic /

You can always buy me a cup of coffee if you feel like it...

3 minutes ago, minibois said:

coffee smells good (not unpopular yet), but tastes horrible.

Interesting, I actually find some coffee to smell good (I believe that it's generally filtered/brewed coffee that I think smells good), while some coffee I think smells quite bad. :P Its taste is universally lackluster (and I don't  want to drink it because it has too much caffeine), in my opinion. :P

2 minutes ago, Benji said:

In terms of taste and consistency, I actually prefer chicken over pork, so I don't agree with you on this. But coffee smelling amazing yet tasting really not good, totally agree.

Yes, chicken is better than pork, but personally I don't really like either.

But that's probably because the only chicken/pork you can get where I live is that filthy industrial stuff.

Just now, TomvanWijnen said:

Interesting, I actually find some coffee to smell good (I believe that it's generally filtered/brewed coffee that I think smells good), while some coffee I think smells quite bad. :P Its taste is universally lackluster (and I don't  want to drink it because it has too much caffeine), in my opinion. :P

Maybe I just haven't smelled the nasty coffees yet, I mean as a non-drinker I don't really come across much brews :) 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

Sorry if my post seemed rude, that is never my intention.

"Why do we suffer a lifetime for a moment of happiness?" - Anonymous

1 hour ago, TomvanWijnen said:

That is because many people are addicted (to some degree) to it, which, in my opinion, is also bad. ;)

I'm not suggesting our country's relationship with alcohol is a heathy one, but it is how we cope with being British. 

That the roundabouts here in Michigan need to go. They do nothing but confuse drivers. Also people are in a hurry in this parts, they dont take the time to try to understand. My sister has already wrecked in one roundabout because some MORON couldn't navigate it properly. Ive almost got hit as well. Yes Red lights are less efficient, but they cause less accidents and road rage. 

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

That the roundabouts here in Michigan need to go. They do nothing but confuse drivers. Also people are in a hurry in this parts, they dont take the time to try to understand. My sister has already wrecked in one roundabout because some MORON couldn't navigate it properly. Ive almost got hit as well. Yes Red lights are less efficient, but they cause less accidents and road rage. 

Strange. Around here, there's not been a single accident since the installation of the few roundabouts we have here. It might be the way they are setup. There's different kinds, some are designed to force a driver to exit and most don't seem to grasp that concept. The other issue is people don't know how to use their turn signals on a roundabout which confuse other drivers as to whether or not they're going to exit. I think most people just assume the other person is exiting and then cut in front of them.

1 hour ago, Radium_Angel said:

overclocking is stupid in the day of multi-core, multi-gigahertz

I don't think it's stupid, but fruitless. There's almost no more overclocking headroom on anything anymore. Either the silicon is at its limits already, or manufactures are just giving us the most they can out of the box (sans winning the silicon lottery that is).

9 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

Strange. Around here, there's not been a single accident since the installation of the few roundabouts we have here.

People in your parts might be a bit more civilized. Wayne County where I live, we have the highest accident rate in the state, also the highest rate of Grand Theft Auto's, mainly due to Detroit. We also have some of the highest insurance rates, but due to recent legislation, those costs have come down. 

Let me put it to you like this, I drive to work on a road that is 45 miles per hour. People pass me doing 60 MPH. Id say its because they are too ignorant to know how to read the speed limit signs but really its because they don't give a fuck. 

I'm sure there's a pineapple on pizza argument somewhere in here but let me give my two cents.

I used to hate pineapple on pizza, because I tried it a long time ago and did not like it very much. However, I re-tried it a few days back, and honestly, it tasted pretty good(especially with Jalapeños on the pizza, the sweet/sour, spicy, and salty mixed together really well IMO). I still prefer cheese pizza tbh, but just wanted to say that for people who tried pineapple pizza a really long time ago, maybe give it another shot.  

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

I think using overkill GPU and CPU on lower resolution is fine to maintain stable high framerates. (basically competitive player mindset)

3700x/10700k + 2080Ti/3070 on 1080p to lock fps above 130 on high/ultra settings, and 8 cores instead of 6 to smoothen out the frametime kinks to have a really smooth experience for today and few years down the road.

But of course, if you have a lower budget then don't do this.

Things I need help with: *new* What can Facebook do to me? Privacy Inquiries

Spoiler

I hate Intel's pricing, Ryzen's weird quirks, Nvidia's pricing, and Radeon GPUs in general

Spoiler

Products I like:

Spoiler

Sony Xperia Z1 / Z2 / 10 ii, Asus Strix 970 / 1070, Samsung SSD, WD HDD, Corsair PSUs (AX, RM, CX(grey)), GeForce GPU, NZXT N450/S340, be quiet! Coolers, G.Skill Trident RAM, Logitech M525, Logitech G440, Razer Deathadder Elite

Products I hate:

Spoiler

Xperia Z3, XiaoMi 5c, Radeon GPUs, Razer Audio Products, any bloatwares

Companies I absolutely adore: (and hope it stays that way)

Spoiler

be quiet! - sent me AM4 mounting for my DRP3 even though it's way past the timeframe stated, no questions asked

Corsair - very good RMA experience, absolutely recommend

Companies I hate:

Spoiler

Nvidia, Intel, Apple, TMT (Thundermatch, a retailer)

Personal Blacklisted Companies:

Spoiler

Acer monitors, Gigabyte, Seagate HDD, Kingston SSD, Razer (except their mouse), XiaoMi Phones

Remember, just because I had good/bad experiences with these companies/product, doesn't mean you will have similar experiences too. I would still recommend these products if they made sense for your needs, but I'll add a disclaimer of my experience if it's relevant. Feel free to DM me asking why they are where they are.

Two consenting adults should be able to duel to the death, with guns, fists, or other methods.

-it’s scuff Gang btw, I hated the name and needed a change
Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx580 @1.45ghz mem=2100mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 @3800mhz

mobo: Asus b450f

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6