Your unpopular (non-political, non-offensive) opinions!

pythonmegapixel

Small talk isn't that bad. 

Unless it's something like a 25-minute Uber ride. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

14 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

Counter proposal: We do that, so we know who to eliminate from the gene pool.

lol yeah, we'll know to eliminate the stupid drivers. ;)

12 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

Based on your description, that would be 90% of the cycling community where I live. They think they own the road because they "have the right of way". Which is why I think motorized vehicles should always have the right of way on the road. Also because in that contest, the motorized vehicle always wins over the pedestrian or cyclist. Not in a court of law, but physically. That object that weighs more than 2 tons and is traveling at speed, is going to win.

Then that's probably just an American thing. Fits in with how many of them appear on the internet. Seems that the many jokes we make about Americans are more true than we thought they were. :)

If they want exercise they can go to a park, or a gym, or go ****ing swimming or something, stop cluttering up my roads. Hell, get a stationary bike (I reject any argument that it's not the same, because it's better, because you aren't outdoors with bugs heat, and cars/trucks that can flatten you.)

12 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

As for being outdoors, they can go to parks or use the sidewalks, I'm fine with either. Just don't play in traffic. They could go swimming, which would actually be better for them as an exercise. It also has the added benefit of not being run over, and not holding up traffic.

No. You can't cycle in parks, nor can you cycle in a swimming pool. Not everyone wants to swim, or always wants to swim. Cycling indoors is definitely very different from outside. It's fun for some people, but others like being outside much more.

Also, cycling isn't just for fun. Cycling is also a good method of transportation. When I didn't yet go to university, I always cycled to school. There was no alternative. And that is a good thing, as people should be encouraged to cycle, instead of wasting fuel and adding to environmental issues.

And, "my roads", lol they aren't your roads, they're for everyone who's legally allowed to be there. They're also for pedestrians crossing/walking.

Actually I don't mind people that are obviously using bicycles for transportation. I mind the jerk-offs who think they're in the Tour De France.

Where I live, those people are less than 0.001% of the cyclists I see. When I'm on holidays in France or Germany, those people are still less than 0.001% of the cyclists I see.

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

Some people whine too much about how expensive modern GPU are. They often forgot that a today's midrange is as powerful as yesterday's high-end for much cheaper.

I'd rather look down with gratitude than look up with envy and resentment.

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 | i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |

On 9/15/2020 at 1:21 PM, Dredgy said:

High frame rate is one of the least important things in gaming. Good colours, detail, contrast, brightness, audio solution and peripherals are much more important areas to spend money.

Interesting you say that. I actually have my brightness set to 0%, as that is much more comfortable to my eyes. :P I also use a 15 euro simple wireless mouse, because it is comfortable to me and I don't like wires coming out of my mouse.

Though, in terms of spending money, I spend money on almost nothing. :P I'm still using my old GTX 680, and my monitors are even older than it (though they do look quite good). :P

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

Just now, Fatih19 said:

Some people whine too much about how expensive modern GPU are. They often forgot that a today's midrange is as powerful as yesterday's high-end for much cheaper.

I'd rather look down with gratitude than look up with envy and resentment.

I won't be buying a modern GPU any time soon, but I do think that they've become too expensive. In the past, GPUs got much faster while not getting much more expensive, so I do think that there has been a considerable change.

Just now, TomvanWijnen said:

I won't be buying a modern GPU any time soon, but I do think that they've become too expensive. In the past, GPUs got much faster while not getting much more expensive, so I do think that there has been a considerable change.

2060 is comparable to a 1080 in performance, yet it has almost half the price.

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

53 minutes ago, Fatih19 said:

2060 is comparable to a 1080 in performance, yet it has almost half the price.

The 2060 super seems more comparable to a 1080 in my research. Pricewise, the 1080 was about 600 euros here from March 2017, while the 2060 super is more like 475-500 euros. Not that much better, I'd say.

10 minutes ago, TomvanWijnen said:

The 2060 super seems more comparable to a 1080 in my research. Pricewise, the 1080 was about 600 euros here from March 2017, while the 2060 super is more like 475-500 euros. Not that much better, I'd say.

But that's Europe pricing.

Main Rig :

Laptop :

24 minutes ago, Fatih19 said:

But that's Europe pricing.

So? I won't move just because graphics cards are a little cheaper elsewhere, so the prices here are the only prices that matter to me.

1 minute ago, TomvanWijnen said:

So? I won't move just because graphics cards are a little cheaper elsewhere, so the prices here are the only prices that matter to me.

Guess that's why my opinion is unpopular.

Main Rig :

Laptop :

10 hours ago, TomvanWijnen said:

lol yeah, we'll know to eliminate the stupid drivers. ;)

Then that's probably just an American thing. Fits in with how many of them appear on the internet. Seems that the many jokes we make about Americans are more true than we thought they were. :)

No. You can't cycle in parks, nor can you cycle in a swimming pool. Not everyone wants to swim, or always wants to swim. Cycling indoors is definitely very different from outside. It's fun for some people, but others like being outside much more.

Also, cycling isn't just for fun. Cycling is also a good method of transportation. When I didn't yet go to university, I always cycled to school. There was no alternative. And that is a good thing, as people should be encouraged to cycle, instead of wasting fuel and adding to environmental issues.

And, "my roads", lol they aren't your roads, they're for everyone who's legally allowed to be there. They're also for pedestrians crossing/walking.

Where I live, those people are less than 0.001% of the cyclists I see. When I'm on holidays in France or Germany, those people are still less than 0.001% of the cyclists I see.

I think our disagreement comes down to you being in Europe, where cars aren't as important in daily life. Remember that the state I live in is probably as big, or possibly bigger than your country. I currently drive about a mile to work each day, but that used to be 30 miles. This isn't even taking traffic into account.

I don't understand why one is not able to cycle in parks. That just makes me angrier because I can't think of any place more appropriate for it.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

iPhones aren't really a status symbol and could be considered "cheap" compared to base models of some phones from the Android side.

$1K S20 vs $699 iPhone 11 being a good example.

The "you have an Android so you can't afford an iPhone" mindset by some is so dumb.

3 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

iPhones aren't really a status symbol and could be considered "cheap" compared to base models of some phones from the Android side.

I currently have $100 android nokia 3.1c and does what I need it to do.

actually I kinda like it more than my old iphone 6s (the folder system is easier to manage on a computer) .

I am not a heavy phone user at the end of day I see batt level at 60~ percent.

I am in high school and I think some would see my phones as junk but actually I find it solid for what I need it to do.

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

Star wars is overrated

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

Harry Potter is actually in the mystery genre, not fantasy, the fantasy stuff is just the settings.

Main Rig :

Laptop :

4 hours ago, Mooshi said:

$1K S20 vs $699 iPhone 11 being a good example.

The "you have an Android so you can't afford an iPhone" mindset by some is so dumb.

Though at least in Canada, iPhones on contract do demand more money than their android counterparts. I remember having a back and forth with a carrier rep on why the Galaxy A5 2017 was $0 on contract while it was $100 for the iPhone SE. Both devices had the same off-contract price and it wasn't like the A5 was on sale. Needless to say, I lost that battle. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Italian food sucks

I don't really know since when all of this bullshit about italian food started,

besides being a pretty subjective thing..

The italian cuisine is basically an oversimplification of the cuisine of neighborhood states

Futhermore there is not soo much selections about the stuff that you can eat, it's just boring

I think our disagreement comes down to you being in Europe, where cars aren't as important in daily life. Remember that the state I live in is probably as big, or possibly bigger than your country. I currently drive about a mile to work each day, but that used to be 30 miles. This isn't even taking traffic into account.

I don't understand why one is not able to cycle in parks. That just makes me angrier because I can't think of any place more appropriate for it.

Probably, but even then. Not everyone has to to go across the entire state every day. For 30 miles, yeah, I understand it, I'd try public transport, but that's almost universally nonexistent in the US, unfortunately, so that's hard. But for 1 mile... I would probably just walk, maybe cycle if there is a safe place to put my bike. In fact, I used to walk about 1 mile to my local train station every day. Much better than taking a car, and I wouldn't be surprised if walking is actually quicker for me too. :P

Parks generally are much too small for cycling solely in them. If I want to cycle for 2 hours, I'd like to see some scenery, not ride around the same 1 or 5 mile stretch a bazillion times. You also have to get from your home to a park, so you'll always have cycling outside of parks.

5 hours ago, Xvaster said:

Italian food sucks

I don't really know since when all of this bullshit about italian food started,

besides being a pretty subjective thing..

The italian cuisine is basically an oversimplification of the cuisine of neighborhood states

Futhermore there is not soo much selections about the stuff that you can eat, it's just boring

Funny; I always leveled this criticism at Mexican food. It's just 3 ingredients combined in different ways.  "You want your tortilla to wrap completely around the meat, cheese, and salsa, or do you want your tortillas on the side with salsa or cheese to dip them in?  We also offer a tortilla that only partially covers the meat, cheese and salsa!"

Italian food is kinda the same way.  "TAKE YOUR PASTA WITH MEAT AND CHEESE ON IT, OR WE'LL STACK THE PASTA, MEAT, CHEESE INTO LAYERS FOR YOU!  AND TAKE SOME BREAD!"

I do profoundly disagree with you that it sucks, though.  It's just that they've achieved perfection, so they needn't iterate or experiment.  

#Muricaparrotgang

Folding@Home Stats | Current PC Loadout:

Small                        Bigger				Biggerer				Biggest
Fractal Design Focus G       NZXT H1				Lian LI O11 Dynamic XL			Fractal Design Meshify C
FX-8320                      Ryzen 3 3200G			Ryzen 5 3600				Ryzen 7 3700X
120mm AIO                    120mm AIO				Custom 280mm loop			Noctua NH-D15
A motherboard                ASRock B450 mobo			MSI x570 mobo				MSI x570 mobo
16gb DDR3                    16gb DDR4 @ 3200			16gb DDR4 @ 3200			16gb DDR4 @ 3600
a melange of HDDs/SSDs       WD 1tb m.2				WD 500gb m.2				WD 1tb m.2/2tb HDD
PNY GTX 1070 x2              GTX 1070				GTX 1070 FE				MSI RTX 2080 TI
some 650w PSU                650W SFX-L 80+ Gold		MSI RTX 2080 Super			EVGA SuperNova 750w 80+ GOLD 
								Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD

On 9/15/2020 at 12:21 PM, Dredgy said:

High frame rate is one of the least important things in gaming. Good colours, detail, contrast, brightness, audio solution and peripherals are much more important areas to spend money.

Depends on the game. A lot of single player games, I'd agree with you. Racing games though, I like a high frame rate.

On 9/15/2020 at 5:50 PM, handymanshandle said:

Here's one that'll definitely get shat and/or praised on: wagons are the peak evolution of car. The practicality of an SUV combined with the driving feel and height of a regular sedan with the visibility of a minivan is something I cannot give up anymore.

As an all round daily driver I totally agree with you. No SUV lean when cornering briskly, or the even more concerning SUV lean under heavy braking 😱. You can still put big stuff in them, have a long roof, again for carrying big stuff, and an often overlooked advantage over saloons/sedans, more headroom in the back seats. And some of them are properly handsome cars, another big win over SUVs.

In the event of a lottery win I'm definitely ordering an Alpina B5 Touring, probably in purple.

My unpopular opinion is I don't like PCs with glass side panels or windows. I'd much rather go SFF, or go super quiet.

30 minutes ago, Rybo said:

Italian food is kinda the same way.  "TAKE YOUR PASTA WITH MEAT AND CHEESE ON IT, OR WE'LL STACK THE PASTA, MEAT, CHEESE INTO LAYERS FOR YOU!  AND TAKE SOME BREAD!"

I do profoundly disagree with you that it sucks, though.  It's just that they've achieved perfection, so they needn't iterate or experiment.  

Well that's subjective

Though if you do live in Italy.. it's boring af, there isn't that much of selection (I do suppose, that the fault is of the consumers but dunno), I mean if you go to any other state like idk, germany, uk, in any supermarket there is a ton of selection, you can find pretty much whatever thing you want, meanwhile in any italian supermarket you will find basically only pasta, pasta, pasta, pasta, meanwhile the choice of "greens", meat, drinks, snacks or anything else is limited af and pricey

For example here in italy you can find only three types of fantas, orange, red orange, and sometimes lemon meanwhile in any other countries you can find almost an infinite selection of fantas

Or even restaurants, in Italy you can commonly find:

Pizza/pasta, sushi, kebab

Anywhere else you can find a ton of different stuff

12 minutes ago, Monkey Dust said:

As an all round daily driver I totally agree with you. No SUV lean when cornering briskly, or the even more concerning SUV lean under heavy braking 😱. You can still put big stuff in them, have a long roof, again for carrying big stuff, and an often overlooked advantage over saloons/sedans, more headroom in the back seats. And some of them are properly handsome cars, another big win over SUVs.

In the event of a lottery win I'm definitely ordering an Alpina B5 Touring, probably in purple.

Amen. After yoinking my car, I don't think I could ever fathom getting an SUV for my needs. This is what I currently rock, if anyone wants to complain about hypocrisy:

Glai0.png

I don't fit in the back of most mid-size sedans with sloping roof lines. I fit perfectly in the back of my Saturn. My car can take a corner without feeling like it wants to roll itself over to take a nap. 

Whenever I actually get the opportunity to buy a new car, I would like to look at my options for a wagon under $40k. Although, here in the US, my choices are limited to the Subaru Outback and the Volkswagen Golf Alltrac or whatever it's called here. The Buick Regal TourX was discontinued and most Volvo wagons are over that mark.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

11 hours ago, Andreas Lilja said:

With 3 good movies out of the last 8 or so, probably yes.

The prequel trilogy is my favorite tbh

Since everything is offensive these Days, i sadly cant share anything.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO