Your unpopular (non-political, non-offensive) opinions!

pythonmegapixel
2 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

In a universal healthcare system, I can see the reason for it being zero value, but with the for-profit system we have, we may as well think of our bodies as commodities for ourselves until it changes. 

You say we. Most Advanced Countries have universal healthcare, including where I live. It's the US that's the odd one out.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

7 minutes ago, pythonmegapixel said:

You say we. Most Advanced Countries have universal healthcare, including where I live. It's the US that's the odd one out.

"We" as in the USA, yes. Unfortunately, it's not easy to change our system for the better ever. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

1 minute ago, ARikozuM said:

"We" as in the USA, yes. Unfortunately, it's not easy to change our system for the better ever. 

Indeed. I think I will leave the discussion there, as we risk it getting too political...

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

I don’t think there should be an inheritance tax

People are far too reactionary these days. Everyone just wants to pick something that they pretend to be hurt by when it literally could not impact their lives and then deflect their true personality onto everyone else when someone calls them out on it. 

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/4/2020 at 11:57 PM, handymanshandle said:

People are far too reactionary these days. Everyone just wants to pick something that they pretend to be hurt by when it literally could not impact their lives and then deflect their true personality onto everyone else when someone calls them out on it. 

Blame social media

4 minutes ago, Orange1 said:

Blame social media

Compared to when?  You’re implying this was different at some other time.   Calling someone a “jay” has no modern meaning l, but it used to be highly offensive which is where the term “jaywalking” came from.  Wanna guess what “jay” used to mean?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

On 10/5/2020 at 2:39 AM, Sushimus said:

Pokemon kinda sucks as a franchise.

I said it.

They were innovative on the gameboys, its only gone stale and old since.

Mega evolutions were a mistake too.

yeah I can see that

also I get people asking if pokemon is a anime

I go its more a francise than a anime

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

Snowflakes and SJW really came to existance and its peak with social media, facebook, twitter etc. People read things and they do not think critically and take it as fact. Then subconsciously they want more clicks, or thumbs up, or likes, or online "friends" (facebook) so they have to create more drama, say more crazy things, keep it going..... so it all acts as a drug and they dont really know what they are doing or why, its a knee jerk reaction. Social media/Internet age/gaming - is really a problem in todays society, that and its the moving away from norms, like going outside to play instead of playing inside alone on console/pc.

12 minutes ago, Orange1 said:

Blame social media

has no Idea due to not have a social media account

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

21 minutes ago, Orange1 said:

Snowflakes and SJW really came to existance and its peak with social media, facebook, twitter etc. People read things and they do not think critically and take it as fact. Then subconsciously they want more clicks, or thumbs up, or likes, or online "friends" (facebook) so they have to create more drama, say more crazy things, keep it going..... so it all acts as a drug and they dont really know what they are doing or why, its a knee jerk reaction. Social media/Internet age/gaming - is really a problem in todays society, that and its the moving away from norms, like going outside to play instead of playing inside alone on console/pc.

I would say a peak.  Possibly it’s highest peak.  Became a major problem in the US?  Sure. Into existence though? No.

evidence:

There’s this parable called “the Good Samaritan. “. The book it’s written in isn’t exactly new.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Salmiakki is an amazing candy and salmiakki flavored ice cream is one of the best there is.

• 3 months later...

Halo 5 is a really good game.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Oh shit, we're reviving this thread again? I've got a few:

• The 6th generation of consoles was the biggest leap of visual fidelity, gameplay possibilities and overall technology in a single console generation. As a matter of fact, I'd argue it was the most important console generation. Sure, the 5th generation brought us the advent of 3D graphics and more dynamic audio. But they really didn't have the memory or overall processing power to really pull off crazy shit (like world data streaming, for example) that holds up today. Even comparing fucking Driving Emotion Type-S (or, better yet, Gran Turismo 3) on the PlayStation 2 to Gran Turismo 2 on the PlayStation brings upon a major leap in everything. It's a leap we've never seen since, to be honest.
  • Chinese food fucking sucks. Sorry not sorry. I don't like eating sweet meat with noodles and dry ass rice as a meal.
  • In that vein, brownies also fucking suck. If I want something chocolatey, I'd rather have a cake that's chocolate... or an actual milk chocolate bar, as a matter of fact. 
  • R&B is the best music genre.

And last but not least...

Trunks and briefs are the superior underwear :^)

2 minutes ago, PlayStation 2 said:

dry ass rice as a meal.

I like the rice at my local Chinese restaurant its still moist.

the indian reasraunt has the best rice

2 minutes ago, PlayStation 2 said:

R&B is the best music genre.

I am gonna kill you

/s

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

35 minutes ago, PlayStation 2 said:

Trunks and briefs are the superior underwear :^)

I prefer midways over briefs.

If I haven't commented yet on here (don't know if I did or not)

Will prefer Intel over AMD as Intel system's just work

MSI is my favorite choice for computer components. 

Acne sucks. 

Sweet and sour chicken is my favorite Chinese food (not the red sugary sauce tho, just eat them dry) 

That's all I can think of right now 🙂

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

1 hour ago, SpiderMan said:

Will prefer Intel over AMD as Intel system's just work

Image result for Fact George gif

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Just now, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

I agree and love at the same time. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

1 hour ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

1 hour ago, SpiderMan said:

I agree and love at the same time. 

As someone who's had two Ryzen desktop setups, AMD can very much be a pain in the ass. It's kind of the deceptive secret that no one ever lets new PC builders into knowing, but both of my brothers have Intel desktops which are a lot less work than my AMD setups have been.

4 minutes ago, PlayStation 2 said:

As someone who's had two Ryzen desktop setups, AMD can very much be a pain in the ass. It's kind of the deceptive secret that no one ever lets new PC builders into knowing, but both of my brothers have Intel desktops which are a lot less work than my AMD setups have been.

I'm not sure if it's just Ryzen because my Phenom II and my current FX system hasn't had any of the problems Ryzen users commonly face. Like the Intel systems I've had, you can literally throw whatever memory, mix and match to your hearts delight and it'll still manage to boot right up and remain stable for the most part. Like yea you'll get the most bang for your buck, but that is if you manage to get it working fine in the first place. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Just now, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

I'm not sure if it's just Ryzen because my Phenom II and my current FX system hasn't had any of the problems Ryzen users commonly face. Like the Intel systems I've had, you can literally throw whatever memory, mix and match to your hearts delight and it'll still manage to boot right up and remain stable for the most part. Like yea you'll get the most bang for your buck, but that is if you manage to get it working fine in the first place. 

Yeah, I still remember when my boyfriend had issues with his desktop's RAM configuration with two almost identical sticks... where updating the BIOS solved his problem. For reference, my younger brother's desktop has mix and match RAM and it's never thrown any issues my way.

Thankfully, I've never really faced problems like that, but it's a little annoying to have to manually set a voltage for your CPU because AMD just lets them sit at ridiculous voltages. It's also annoying when a capture card you planned on using doesn't fucking work because of the way the platform handles PCI-Express lanes.

On 9/13/2020 at 11:42 PM, fpo said:

F48DC88B-2223-48B2-A74E-7D2981840200.png

Italians and Michelin-star chefs would beg to differ 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

6 hours ago, PlayStation 2 said:

Trunks... are the superior underwear :^)

They are the superior ones. No extra fabric rolling up in the thigh when walking or running. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

4 minutes ago, like_ooh_ahh said:

Italians and Michelin-star chefs would beg to differ 

Back in the 80’s no self respecting resteraunt in Italy would serve pizza and if it was asked for the diner was actually handed a ball of raw dough.   Not at all surprised Italians don’t like American pizza.  “ Chinese” food is famous for varying massively by nation.   It’s reasonable.  It’s Chinese immigrants varying their food to local stuff.  There an American Chinese restaraunt chain called P.F. Chang’s that has outlets in China.  There they bill it as American food.