Your unpopular (non-political, non-offensive) opinions!

pythonmegapixel
1 hour ago, TempestCatto said:

Cats are not better than dogs, nor dogs better than cats. They are both amazing animals equally, provided the owner treats and trains them right.

my cat disagrees, he thinks he's better than all of my dogs, and my dogs agree that he is.

1 cat vs 4 dogs

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

With the specs of the Xbox Series X, and the price it comes in at, I'm honestly thinking of just... going consoles next gen.  I'll keep my gaming PC for the games I already have on Steam and such, but otherwise, just move over to consoles again.

This'll be pretty unpopular here.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

4 minutes ago, kaiju_wars said:

With the specs of the Xbox Series X, and the price it comes in at, I'm honestly thinking of just... going consoles next gen.  I'll keep my gaming PC for the games I already have on Steam and such, but otherwise, just move over to consoles again.

A lot of people use multiple devices to game. I have a gaming PC and Switch. My friend has a gaming PC, PS4 and Switch.

Ive thought about getting an Xbox myself but my friend is trying to push me in to a PS5. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

6 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

A lot of people use multiple devices to game. I have a gaming PC and Switch. My friend has a gaming PC, PS4 and Switch.

Ive thought about getting an Xbox myself but my friend is trying to push me in to a PS5. 

I collect games, obviously I use multiple devices lmao.  But I do plan on getting a PS5 eventually anyways for the Sony exclusives.  The Series X is more powerful and I have a huge 360 collection as it is, so it'll be nice to have those enhancements 

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

16 minutes ago, kaiju_wars said:

I actually play more ps4 than my pc

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

If you're 18 or older and sign up to be an organ donor you should be allowed to drive without a seat belt or ride a motorcycle without gear.

There are years long waiting lists for some organ transplants and there are also a lot of stupid people who want to drive minus seat belts or ride in a t-shirt, shorts, and flip flops.

Hopefully one can serve the other.

pvp games makes people toxic, if i ever have a child i wont let them playing these games alone.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

5 hours ago, Snadzies said:

If you're 18 or older and sign up to be an organ donor you should be allowed to drive without a seat belt or ride a motorcycle without gear.

There are years long waiting lists for some organ transplants and there are also a lot of stupid people who want to drive minus seat belts or ride in a t-shirt, shorts, and flip flops.

Hopefully one can serve the other.

Net loss for society.  Too complicated to enforce. backs eugenics and state sponsored premature death.  People are almost always more valuable to society as living beings than their organs are.  The only group that gain in this situation are people in need of new organs, and they are not a very profitable group because they are liable to die soon for other reasons and require incredibly expensive maintenance they are unlikely to even be able to pay back the value of at all

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just now, Bombastinator said:

The only group that gain in this situation are people in need of new organs. 

I imagine they'd gain just as much from making organ donorship opt-out rather than opt-in. There are probably many people who wouldn't have a problem with use of their organs for medical purposes but are simply unaware that they can opt in, and I doubt there is anyone who takes offence at having their organs used but wouldn't opt out.

I am a strong believer in the philosophy that any neutral opinion (i.e. "I don't care" or "I don't know") should be interpreted as whatever is most beneficial to society.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

Thicker laptops are better.

I preffer longer key travel, and in a old clunker laptop, you really get a nice distance when you push a key. thin and lights dont have enough travel.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

On 9/26/2020 at 8:57 AM, pythonmegapixel said:

I imagine they'd gain just as much from making organ donorship opt-out rather than opt-in. There are probably many people who wouldn't have a problem with use of their organs for medical purposes but are simply unaware that they can opt in, and I doubt there is anyone who takes offence at having their organs used but wouldn't opt out.

I am a strong believer in the philosophy that any neutral opinion (i.e. "I don't care" or "I don't know") should be interpreted as whatever is most beneficial to society.

The only reason it’s even an issue is because of a couple of odd-ball religions.  They wanted opti-in instead of opt out because they were worried about converts having to change their drivers licenses.  Squeaky wheel and all that. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

"Cutting edge" consumer products = trickle-down tripe. 

The food industry sucks

I mean with basically anything else you can confront prices and easily get what do you think it's the best for the money

For example I do need a ladder, I can check online the different prices and get the cheaper one

Meanwhile for the "fresh products" you're pretty much forced to buy "locally" from some physical shops, they ain't transparent with prices nor they do offer many alternatives

The same shit from district1 could cost 2 or more times than district2 only because the shop in district1 is located at the center of the city

Maybe some contries do offer online catalogues for those item, but they still are vague and limited

For example here, there is amazon that does sell packaged products, but there isn't so much choice and also is it uknown when the expiration date is

There are also some other shop that do offer an "online experience" but or they are limited to the shops that are in your area, or they cost like 5x times more

14 hours ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Thicker laptops are better

I have a sickness for the thickness

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

the first few revisions of software and/or hardware suck, and only reviewers should get them, because even though it is 'cutting edge', the new features/design aren't tested well enough for public use most of the time.

One example was the 2016 MacBook Pro. It sucked, in every single way. Hardware failures, keyboard sucks, thermal throttling, you name it.

The 2017 was much better, but the 2018 still fixed a lot of stuff compared to the 2017. Since then, their MacBook Pros didn't really suck as much, and recently the keyboard was changed in favor of the Magic keyboard.

Most software updates that newly roll out, like Windows 2004, have a lot of bugs. Their manufacturers fixed them soon enough that people holding off could confidently download the software without as many bugs.

Spoiler

maybe someone said this already.

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

SSD: 256GB SP

GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB OC

Cinebench R23 score: 9097 (multi) 1236 (single)

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

4 minutes ago, wall03 said:

Windows 2004, have a lot of bugs. Their manufacturers fixed them soon enough that people holding off could confidently download the software without as many bugs.

I would argue that Microsoft has had time to fix the bugs in Windows 10 already. There have been many updates and many of those updates have broken even more things. The next updates might fix a few of the problems, but only up to the point they release another creators update and a breaks new things. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Just now, Donut417 said:

I would argue that Microsoft has had time to fix the bugs in Windows 10 already. There have been many updates and many of those updates have broken even more things. The next updates might fix a few of the problems, but only up to the point they release another creators update and a breaks new things. 

it was just an example, i do have to say they do have a lot of bugs.

i needed an example

bad example

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

SSD: 256GB SP

GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB OC

Cinebench R23 score: 9097 (multi) 1236 (single)

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

I like Micron E-die ...

I edit my posts more often than not

On 9/26/2020 at 9:57 AM, pythonmegapixel said:

Your next of kin should receive any monetary benefit there is to be made from such an organ whether directly paid for or through a tax incentive. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

11 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

Your next of kin should receive any monetary benefit there is to be made from such an organ whether directly paid for or through a tax incentive. 

Which creates the problem of a greedy relative maybe offing you.  There’s a sci-fi book called “the jigsaw man” that goes into the reasons that might turn into an absolutely horrific idea.  There is one (1) nation on earth that even plays around with this: Iran.  Only kidney transplants. There are BIG problems.  It has been extensively looked at from many directions over a long period of time.  The field of study that deals with this is “medical ethics”

Edited by Bombastinator

2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Which creates the problem of a greedy relative maybe offing you.  There’s a sci-fi book called “the jigsaw man” that goes into the reasons that might turn into an absolutely horrific idea.

Which is why the tax incentive is a bit better. You get an immediate yearly break so long as you're registered the entire year. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 

Just now, ARikozuM said:

Which is why the tax incentive is a bit better. You get an immediate yearly break so long as you're registered the entire year. 

I’m afraid I did one of those addendums to my post while you were typing your reply.  

9 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

I could go into all the reasons that is a terrible, terrible idea.

However, in an ideal world, that value would be zero anyway.

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

7 minutes ago, pythonmegapixel said:

I could go into all the reasons that is a terrible, terrible idea.

However, in an ideal world, that value would be zero anyway.

In a universal healthcare system, I can see the reason for it being zero value, but with the for-profit system we have, we may as well think of our bodies as commodities for ourselves until it changes. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler