Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pythonmegapixel

Your unpopular (non-political, non-offensive) opinions!

19 minutes ago, whm1974 said:

And of course didn't smoke at all.

Tons of native tribes have rituals that involve ingesting fumes of burnt plants to get in a trance-like state, and that doesn't need to necessarily happen rarely or on special occasion. Guess how people got to know about the effects of quite a few drugs or medications that are being used in such manner? They were all used back then before we had artificially created versions of them.

The cannibalism part on this page is really disgusting, not to mention the disease(s) that go along with it which makes it not only morally reprehensible, but also not even slightly enjoyable or even remotely a viable option. We are at a point in society where we can also dine to enjoy and still be perfectly healthy, why pretend to be the Donner Party?

On 9/17/2020 at 3:13 AM, Mooshi said:

iPhones aren't really a status symbol and could be considered "cheap" compared to base models of some phones from the Android side.

$1K S20 vs $699 iPhone 11 being a good example.

The "you have an Android so you can't afford an iPhone" mindset by some is so dumb.

Amen to that.

I would argue both are pretty on par, except in the camera and screen area. Plus android has folding phones and that LG Wing thing.

With android you pay for camera quality, battery life, screen quality and build quality. Physical things really.

With Apple, you get (most) of all those things, but pay out of your arsehole for the operating system/software.

My Fiancee's iPhone 11 pro is around 200 less than my Huawei P30 Pro, and I get a better camera, faster charging and a much larger battery.

If you have any questions about ultra high end audio (Or any speakers or audio gear!), don't be afraid to shoot me a message, or mention me.

Spent over 960k on audio gear, still trying to increase sound quality.

Why 44.1kHz is all you need: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyquist–Shannon_sampling_theorem

How loud should you listen?: http://dangerousdecibels.org/education/information-center/decibel-exposure-time-guidelines/

2 hours ago, Moonzy said:

ate human brains,

That's the part that is the problem. Stick with the proper meat, and you'll be fine.

2 hours ago, WereCatf said:

but I am concerned about the taste

There is a reason humans are called "long pig" by cannibals. We taste like pork.

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

1 hour ago, Benji said:

The cannibalism part on this page is really disgusting, not to mention the disease(s) that go along with it which makes it not only morally reprehensible, but also not even slightly enjoyable or even remotely a viable option. We are at a point in society where we can also dine to enjoy and still be perfectly healthy, why pretend to be the Donner Party?

Actually in the case of certain Native Tribes, they only did this out of respect for Elders that died of old age and/or warriors slain to battle who fought hard enough to gain the enemy tribe's respect.

A very few such as the Aztecs in what is now Mexico did it on purpose to terrorize near by and further away tribes.

I don’t like „ Gaming Chairs „

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Hi

4 hours ago, WereCatf said:

I tend to upset people when I tell them that, in my opinion, burying people in graveyards is a huge waste of time, space, money and nutrients. It'd be far more beneficial for everyone (except the people who make money off of graveyard-burials) to use human corpses for e.g. making fertilizer. To take the idea a step further, it shouldn't be optional to let the dead be harvested for organs and used for medical research, either -- any leftovers could still be used for fertilizer or whatever, as well.

If you know what people have in their bodies it’s better to bury them

most won‘t like the fact that their grandma‘s body helped growing the potatoes

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Hi

9 minutes ago, Drama Lama said:

most won‘t like the fact that their grandma‘s body helped growing the potatoes

Maybe, but I don't care.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Just now, WereCatf said:

Maybe, but I don't care.

Probably 

me neither 

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Hi

On 9/13/2020 at 11:15 AM, BuckGup said:

My roommate and I drink around 7 gallons of whole milk a week 

Do you guys also have bunk beds?  

AMD Ryzen 3900X  |  Fractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 3600CL15 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-16-14-14-34  |  EVGA 1070 Ti SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black w/NZXT Kraken G12 Cooler  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

2 hours ago, Drama Lama said:

I don’t like „ Gaming Chairs „

67cc03df85c88d429d3ff7416c194cbc.jpg

Things I need help with: *new* What can Facebook do to me? Privacy Inquiries

Spoiler

I hate Intel's pricing, Ryzen's weird quirks, Nvidia's pricing, and Radeon GPUs in general

Spoiler

Products I like:

Spoiler

Sony Xperia Z1 / Z2 / 10 ii, Asus Strix 970 / 1070, Samsung SSD, WD HDD, Corsair PSUs (AX, RM, CX(grey)), GeForce GPU, NZXT N450/S340, be quiet! Coolers, G.Skill Trident RAM, Logitech M525, Logitech G440, Razer Deathadder Elite

Products I hate:

Spoiler

Xperia Z3, XiaoMi 5c, Radeon GPUs, Razer Audio Products, any bloatwares

Companies I absolutely adore: (and hope it stays that way)

Spoiler

be quiet! - sent me AM4 mounting for my DRP3 even though it's way past the timeframe stated, no questions asked

Corsair - very good RMA experience, absolutely recommend

Companies I hate:

Spoiler

Nvidia, Intel, Apple, TMT (Thundermatch, a retailer)

Personal Blacklisted Companies:

Spoiler

Acer monitors, Gigabyte, Seagate HDD, Kingston SSD, Razer (except their mouse), XiaoMi Phones

Remember, just because I had good/bad experiences with these companies/product, doesn't mean you will have similar experiences too. I would still recommend these products if they made sense for your needs, but I'll add a disclaimer of my experience if it's relevant. Feel free to DM me asking why they are where they are.

* thread cleaned *

as per the thread title ;

non-political, non-offensive

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

VPN server guide

Introduction to Mechanical Keyboard

Spoiler

My Gaming Rig - Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO CPU: i7-8700 RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400(4x8GB) GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB OS SSD: 240GB Avexir E100 Storage: 2x 1TB Seagate PSU: Seasonic G650 OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bits Monitor: Acer 21in G205H + Lenovo 21in

AirPods aren‘t good headphones 

the only reason they are „ good „ is that Apple has made proprietary software that makes it easy to connect them to your iPhone 

I have met/seen a lot of people with AirPods but only one who used them with an Android phone and in this case the AirPods were a „ unwanted gift „

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Hi

51 minutes ago, Drama Lama said:

AirPods aren‘t good headphones 

the only reason they are „ good „ is that Apple has made proprietary software that makes it easy to connect them to your iPhone 

I have met/seen a lot of people with AirPods but only one who used them with an Android phone and in this case the AirPods were a „ unwanted gift „

Yeah, they're not. I use them to listen to podcasts and for phone calls. If I want to actually listen to music, I use my headphones and my portable DAC/AMP. 

Current System: MSI B450M Mortar Titanium, AMD Radeon 570 8GB (ASRock enclosure), AMD Ryzen 5 2600X, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance PRO RAM 3200 MHz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair 280X Chassis

I haven't used headphone since my early 30's. My hearing loss has gotten a bit worse since then and quite a number of people I can't even hear at all. Their lips move but nothing comes out.

Now I have a Pair of Flips Audio combo headphones/speakers that I have plugged my computer used in speaker mode.

Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, TempestCatto said:

Beats headphones and earbuds have horrible sound quality for the price.

That isn't unpopular in the slightest... even people who buy Beats know they could get much better sound quality for less money; it's all about the status symbol

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

I don't enjoy anime, nor understand those who do. 

Desktop: 7700k @ stock, 32gb ddr4 @ 3000, 1080Ti, Maximus IX Hero.

Laptop 1: Asus Zephyrus 701 - i7-9750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 2070 RTX

Laptop 2: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

13 hours ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Despite their shortcomings, Fallout 3 and Fallout 4 are superior games to Fallout New Vegas, which I found completely forgettable.

Agree with 3, i think 4 and NV are about the same

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

4 hours ago, Andreas Lilja said:

I don't enjoy anime, nor understand those who do. 

get him boys

first you're against banana, now you're against anime

Things I need help with: *new* What can Facebook do to me? Privacy Inquiries

Spoiler

I hate Intel's pricing, Ryzen's weird quirks, Nvidia's pricing, and Radeon GPUs in general

Spoiler

Products I like:

Spoiler

Sony Xperia Z1 / Z2 / 10 ii, Asus Strix 970 / 1070, Samsung SSD, WD HDD, Corsair PSUs (AX, RM, CX(grey)), GeForce GPU, NZXT N450/S340, be quiet! Coolers, G.Skill Trident RAM, Logitech M525, Logitech G440, Razer Deathadder Elite

Products I hate:

Spoiler

Xperia Z3, XiaoMi 5c, Radeon GPUs, Razer Audio Products, any bloatwares

Companies I absolutely adore: (and hope it stays that way)

Spoiler

be quiet! - sent me AM4 mounting for my DRP3 even though it's way past the timeframe stated, no questions asked

Corsair - very good RMA experience, absolutely recommend

Companies I hate:

Spoiler

Nvidia, Intel, Apple, TMT (Thundermatch, a retailer)

Personal Blacklisted Companies:

Spoiler

Acer monitors, Gigabyte, Seagate HDD, Kingston SSD, Razer (except their mouse), XiaoMi Phones

Remember, just because I had good/bad experiences with these companies/product, doesn't mean you will have similar experiences too. I would still recommend these products if they made sense for your needs, but I'll add a disclaimer of my experience if it's relevant. Feel free to DM me asking why they are where they are.

If it is possible to do so, you should ALWAYS use your phone with the volume set to normal and the earpiece  next your ear. Not on speaker with it held next to your mouth like a piece of toast.

Also - and this doesn't seem like it should be unpopular but it is - don't shout into your phone!! Especially if your conversation requires any degree of privacy.

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

5 hours ago, pythonmegapixel said:

If it is possible to do so, you should ALWAYS use your phone with the volume set to normal and the earpiece  next your ear. Not on speaker with it held next to your mouth like a piece of toast.

I agree, many people phone too loudly, but I'm mr. exception:

I prefer putting my phone call on speaker, so I don't have to press my phone against my head all the time, and have both hands free to do other things at the same time. Furthermore, the earpiece of my current phone is really hard to properly hold against your ear (yeah it's dumb). Anyways, I fortunately only call a few times per year, and almost always from home.

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

37 minutes ago, TomvanWijnen said:

I prefer putting my phone call on speaker, so I don't have to press my phone against my head all the time, and have both hands free to do other things at the same time. Furthermore, the earpiece of my current phone is really hard to properly hold against your ear (yeah it's dumb). Anyways, I fortunately only call a few times per year, and almost always from home.

Yeah that's fine, and is the purpose of the speaker function.

I'm talking about the people who have it on speaker AND hold it next to their head, but hold the earpiece away from their ear because it's too loud -- you'd think they'd put 2 and 2 together!

pythonmegapixel