worse scenario with TT Riser cable?

frozensun

Because my life is so boring,today I decided to install and try the cable below (pic) with my Asus Strix 1660 Ti OC,Crosshair HERO VIII and TT View 91 TG RGB who already has vertical monting bracket for GPU.

Because I always overthink and think about possible worse scenario that could happen,what could really happen if I install it correctly?I suppose,if the cable is bad,system will work or either it won't.

I'm particulary worried if the cable can short out either card or PCIE slot,but then again cable is new,as you can see,so it's just my anxiety.

Then I went on amazon reviews and one guy wrote that he didn't have luck with this cable and X570 board,simply didn't work,and some people wrote about sudden BSOD etc...

At lest that cold be easily solved and revert to normal horizotnal mount.

So guys if I can not short out any component I'd really like to try this today,becase case has bracket and why not use it.

20200913_063508.jpg

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

The riser would be fine to use, like you mentioned its not the end of the world to revert back to a horizontal mount if it does not work. I mean worst case scenario with anything is that it would blow your system up but its very unlikely.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

I would expect it to work fine with pcie3.0, but might not work with pcie 4.0

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Worst case scenario would probably be frying the card and motherboard, but that is very unlikely to happen. If you were to have a problem, it would probably be it not working at all like you mentioned. The review left with the X570 board was probably using PCIE 4.0, which as far as I know you can't use riser cables with. 

15 minutes ago, The_russian said:

Worst case scenario would probably be frying the card and motherboard, but that is very unlikely to happen. If you were to have a problem, it would probably be it not working at all like you mentioned. The review left with the X570 board was probably using PCIE 4.0, which as far as I know you can't use riser cables with. 

U sure I can't use riser cable with pcie 4.0?

Wouldn't it revert ti pcie 3.0?

If riser won't work no point of me doing all this work then.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

25 minutes ago, frozensun said:

U sure I can't use riser cable with pcie 4.0?

Wouldn't it revert ti pcie 3.0?

If riser won't work no point of me doing all this work then.

Sorry should have worded it better, what I meant was you wouldn’t be able to take advantage of PCIE 4, you would still be able to use PCIE 3. That being said, the last time I looked for a riser was pretty soon after the PCIE 4 launch so there weren’t any risers, looks like there are some now so what I said about PCIE 4 not working might not be true anymore.

* thread locked *

You have posted about this 6 times since July. Please use one of your previous threads.

Reposting like this is considered spamming and/or post count framing.

Edited by wkdpaul

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !