USB C TO 45 WATT BARREL PLUG?

williamb1

Can you buy a USB C to 45 Watt Barrel plug adapter? id love to charge my laptop with my large power bank but the usb c port doesnt support charging

your power bank outputs 5v  

your laptop wants 12v or 16v or 18-ish volts.  You'd need a step-up dc-dc converter to boost 5v to that higher voltage. You can find such step-up converters on ebay or stores like Digikey, Mouser, Farnell etc Such conversion will be only around 95% efficient at best, so you lose some of your power bank energy doing this.

Your power bank is probably not capable of giving more than 10-30 watts to a device - your laptop most likely needs more. 

Your laptop may also have a data pin in the barrel jack, and may refuse to charge if there's no data sent from the charger to the laptop but that's another story (and you could in theory get that chip from a compatible charger and get yours working)

2 minutes ago, mariushm said:

your power bank outputs 5v  

your laptop wants 12v or 16v or 18-ish volts.  You'd need a step-up dc-dc converter to boost 5v to that higher voltage. You can find such step-up converters on ebay or stores like Digikey, Mouser, Farnell etc Such conversion will be only around 95% efficient at best, so you lose some of your power bank energy doing this.

Your power bank is probably not capable of giving more than 10-30 watts to a device - your laptop most likely needs more. 

Your laptop may also have a data pin in the barrel jack, and may refuse to charge if there's no data sent from the charger to the laptop but that's another story (and you could in theory get that chip from a compatible charger and get yours working)

it can output up to 20v 2.25A  also i can give about 45 watts i just need to know if i can buy the cable. 

Just now, williamb1 said:

it can output up to 20v 2.25A  also i can give about 45 watts

That's either USB-PD or QC 2.0/3.0 -- you can't just use a cable to get the powerbank to output such voltages, you need an active device to trigger the high-output mode. You can buy such devices on e.g. eBay, like e.g. something like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/100W-9V-12V-15V-20V-Type-C-USB-C-PD-2-0-3-0-to-DC-USB-QC-Trigger-Poll-Detector/312705399960

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

2 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

That's either USB-PD or QC 2.0/3.0 -- you can't just use a cable to get the powerbank to output such voltages, you need an active device to trigger the high-output mode. You can buy such devices on e.g. eBay, like e.g. something like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/100W-9V-12V-15V-20V-Type-C-USB-C-PD-2-0-3-0-to-DC-USB-QC-Trigger-Poll-Detector/312705399960

How would i use this device and what cable would i need to charge threw that barrel port?

3 minutes ago, williamb1 said:

How would i use this device and what cable would i need to charge threw that barrel port?

First of all, what charging-voltage does your laptop use? And does the powerbank use USB-PD or does QC? If QC, which version of it?

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

2 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

First of all, what charging-voltage does your laptop use? And does the powerbank use USB-PD or does QC? If QC, which version of it?

Its 19.5V dc 2.31 A  also its usbc PD 

7 minutes ago, williamb1 said:

Its 19.5V dc 2.31 A  also its usbc PD 

USB-PD supports 5V, 9V, 15V and 20V output, not 19.5V -- 0.5V may or may not matter and it's up to you to decide if you wanna take the risk of burning up your laptop. If you wanna take the chance, you buy the ZYPDS from the link, then solder the two tiny solderpads together as shown in the picture to set it to 20V-mode, then you solder a cable with a barrel-plug into the two bigger pads.

EDIT: I just noticed you say your powerbank can do only up to 45W, so it probably doesn't support 20V output at all and only up to 15V, so the above instructions still wouldn't work for your usecase. You'd need the 15V ZYPDS and then a boost-converter as well!