Anyone used a keyboard and mouse adapter for console?

marbled

Before anyone accuses me of cheating, I don't play multiplayer games. At all. I've been looking at a new PC build but if an Xbox Series X is £450 it's hard to even convince myself that it's worth spending £1100 to get a decent system with all the peripherals. The thing I really miss from PC gaming though is the mouse and keyboard - playing first person games with a controller just feels slow and awkward to me.

So has anyone used a third party adapter to use a KB+M on a console? Do they actually work and feel normal in game?

Thanks in advance.

You don't need an adapter for Xbox keyboard and mouse.  Just plug the USB cables into the console and go.  The problem comes in when developers disallow keyboard and mouse input.

In Canada, EB games sells a 4 USB port affair that you plug your peripherals and a controller in to and it lets you use them in controller only games.  I am not sure how well it works though, as I have not tried one.  Perhaps I will pick one up and give it a shot.

Personally I haven't, but I've thought about it. When I thought about doing it with Overwatch, I searched around on the Internet to find out what I could do, and I found out that it isn't just frowned upon in Overwatch, but the wider gaming community. If you bring a Keyboard and Mouse on Xbox into Rainbow Six Siege (for example), expect to be reported or attacked.

You do not need an adapter on ps or xbox

My Laptop: A MacBook Air 

My Desktop: Don’t have one 

My Phone: An Honor 8s (although I don’t recommend it)

My Favourite OS: Linux

My Console: A Regular PS4

My Tablet: A Huawei Mediapad m5 

Spoiler

15 minutes ago, Sandro Linux said:

You do not need an adapter on ps or xbox

I might be wrong but I thought that a KB and mouse would work on the system but not in game? Ie if I wanted to play Doom with a keyboard and mouse on Xbox you'd need to buy a third party adapter?

4 minutes ago, marbled said:

I might be wrong but I thought that a KB and mouse would work on the system but not in game? Ie if I wanted to play Doom with a keyboard and mouse on Xbox you'd need to buy a third party adapter?

You don’t for some games

LTT’s video on it:

My Laptop: A MacBook Air 

My Desktop: Don’t have one 

My Phone: An Honor 8s (although I don’t recommend it)

My Favourite OS: Linux

My Console: A Regular PS4

My Tablet: A Huawei Mediapad m5 

Spoiler