Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
r3m0

Fuji XF 50mm F/1.0 lens review by Moment

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Priced at $1499, this lens is not for everyone. But according to Moment, this is the "The sharpest, creamiest film-like lens they've ever tested".

This isn't the highest price you could pay for a lens (Nikon's 58 mm F/0.95 Noct costs $8K). But for a APSC mirrorless camera setup, this just might be one of the best things to buy, if you're into it.

 

As a Fuji enthusiast who looks forward to buy one, hopefully, this makes me real excited for it.

 

What are your thoughts?

 

https://www.shopmoment.com/reviews/fuji-xf50mmf1-0-lens-review

 

https://youtu.be/X-4ezPekDro

 


PC: Acer Predator Helios 300: corei7-7700HQ, GTX 1050Ti 4GB, 8GB DDR4 2400MHz, 128GB SSD+1024GB HDD, Logitech G102 Prodigy+Circle Gaming Pro.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, r3m0 said:

Priced at $1499, this lens is not for everyone. But according to Moment, this is the "The sharpest, creamiest film-like lens they've ever tested".

This isn't the highest price you could pay for a lens (Nikon's 58 mm F/0.95 Noct costs $8K). But for a APSC mirrorless camera setup, this just might be one of the best things to buy, if you're into it.

 

As a Fuji enthusiast who looks forward to buy one, hopefully, this makes me real excited for it.

 

What are your thoughts?

 

https://www.shopmoment.com/reviews/fuji-xf50mmf1-0-lens-review

 

https://youtu.be/X-4ezPekDro

 

If only I could afford it... Looks like I'm sticking with a 35mm F/2 lens for a while.


Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, YellowJersey said:

All things considered, $1500 for a high quality lens, particularly medium format, isn't bad at all.

It's not medium format though it's an XF lens meaning it's for the APSC X mount mirrorless models not the medium format G mount.


Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

It's not medium format though it's an XF lens meaning it's for the APSC X mount mirrorless models not the medium format G mount.

Whoopsie doodles.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 9/11/2020 at 6:20 AM, YellowJersey said:

All things considered, $1500 for a high quality lens, particularly medium format, isn't bad at all.

Yes.

On 9/11/2020 at 12:30 PM, Lord Vile said:

It's not medium format though it's an XF lens meaning it's for the APSC X mount mirrorless models not the medium format G mount.

It's a f/1.0 lens. Consider that as well.


PC: Acer Predator Helios 300: corei7-7700HQ, GTX 1050Ti 4GB, 8GB DDR4 2400MHz, 128GB SSD+1024GB HDD, Logitech G102 Prodigy+Circle Gaming Pro.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, r3m0 said:

Yes.

It's a f/1.0 lens. Consider that as well.

Still the wrong mount though, do they even sell an X to G adapter? 


Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Lord Vile said:

Still the wrong mount though, do they even sell an X to G adapter? 

About it, yes. That person got it wrong.


PC: Acer Predator Helios 300: corei7-7700HQ, GTX 1050Ti 4GB, 8GB DDR4 2400MHz, 128GB SSD+1024GB HDD, Logitech G102 Prodigy+Circle Gaming Pro.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×