GPU into a mining GPU

Just mine with it?

Though I would suggest you should learn the do and don't of computer hardware before delving into mining

Like power draw, and temps monitoring etc etc

Have to take extra care of your computer if you're mining

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

same as almost any other gpu. flash a mining friendly bios if there is one, start mining with your software of choice and your currency of choice, start spending abhorrent amount of electricity, depending on your country, start losing all your money, take a mortgage out on your house, buy more gpus, go morally and financially bankrupt. Just kidding. only steps 1 and 2 are legit

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

Just now, eeeee1 said:

same as almost any other gpu. flash a mining friendly bios if there is one, start mining with your software of choice and your currency of choice, start spending abhorrent amount of electricity, depending on your country, start losing all your money, take a mortgage out on your house, buy more gpus, go morally and financially bankrupt. Just kidding. only steps 1 and 2 are legit

where would i find a mining friendly bios and do you mean for my gpu or motherboard

Just now, zachy_T said:

where would i find a mining friendly bios and do you mean for my gpu or motherboard

just gpu. and idk. i am not a miner. also i am pretty sure the bios is optional but can help

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

If you don't know what you are doing - do not flash the bios.  If you know what you are doing, then flash the bios, but note - it wont game well.  

Mine without it first (bios change), see if you care to understand how much it costs in electricity and your ROI.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

Just now, Tristerin said:

If you don't know what you are doing - do not flash the bios.  If you know what you are doing, then flash the bios, but note - it wont game well.  

Mine without it first (bios change), see if you care to understand how much it costs in electricity and your ROI.

3 minutes ago, eeeee1 said:

flash a mining friendly bios if there is one

1 minute ago, zachy_T said:

afaik, there are no mining vBIOS for nvidia(they don't really need it), only AMD cards needs a modded vBios

and motherboard bios doesnt matter unless they're not detecting your cards that are using risers

I'm not too into mining, but I mine as a hobby/side project

also do study about power limit adjusting to improve on power draw, temps, and efficiency

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

18 minutes ago, zachy_T said:

How would i make my normal rtx 2060 into a mining card?

Neither this;

16 minutes ago, badreg said:

Desolder the display outputs.

Or this ;

5 minutes ago, eeeee1 said:

[...] flash a mining friendly bios if there is one [...]

Just install MSI Afterburner, get the miner you want to use, and take a few hours to test frequencies.

GPU mining isn't currently profitable unless you have low electricity prices and you're partially using the PC to warm up the room it's in (that's what I did last winter here in Canada, with an average of $0.07/KWh (CAD, so around 5 cents USD per KWh) and I had no heating in the room). I lowered the frequencies and power limit and found a balance between less crypto vs less energy used (for my 1060, ended up cutting 40w+, but only getting a few fractions of crypto less per day).

Also, what do you want to mine ??

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !