Need help with Gaming Mouse (driver replacement?)

I have a gaming mouse from Teknet om gaming pc (Win10). It's pretty nice..at least for my needs. It's config software is...not great, but I have it working to some level.

Here's the situation:

I'm playing Champions Online a bunch right now, and decided I wanted to make use of the 5 thumb buttons on the mouse.

I found, with no config, when I pressed button 1-5, the game would interpret the mouse presses as key strokes key 1 thru key5

Using the Teknet software, I set the buttons to send a CTRL-1 (thru 5), and that seemed to work just as I hoped.

BUT, I've noticed that what's actually happening is when I press the thumb buttons, I get BOTH the programmed combo (Ctrl-1) but also the original keystroke (1) in the game.

Chatting with experienced players, they think it's a game side problem (it's 11 years old, so the thought is it's just interpreting the extra mouse stuff as an extra keyboard)

There is not a way to just program the buttons inside the game.

MY QUESTION IS, can the very smart and clever people here suggest a solution?

On my imac, I have a program (controllermate) that let's me change what the mac sees...as a whole, or program by program...when a button on a usb device is pressed (so I ahve several number pads that are used for various macros and stuff...only hardwired things like a "000" key can't be changed.  Is there stuff like this available for Windows? Do you think that might work, or might the game still see the regualr numbers, since in theory it should only be seeing what the teknet software tells it in the first place?

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

After a lot of searching and not finding answers and watching Taryn's videos on keyboards, I found a solution.

http://www.hidmacros.eu/

This is the home of LuaMacros, whicch was his solution before he started spending a lot of money on hardware... but it's not the LuaMacros, but it's precurser software, HIDMacros, which is a gui based one the guy abandoned.

Just having it on in the background seems to filter out the number key strokes the game is reading (HiD Macros shows hid info, so the mouse works by having mouse parts, then a keyboard section.. the side buttons ARE created as a keyboard in the system.

It does also let you change key mappings on basic USB stuff...but that's a little dodgey inside CO right now.

There's also this:

https://mediachance.com/multikeyboard/

Which is a paid software that's newer and looks to do similar, but I haven't tried it yet.

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎