low fps ingame with high end pc

pignervous

Hey there!

So I recently upgraded my setup, because my old one wasnt able to keep up with newer games anymore such as Warzone, GTAV(which isnt really new I know) and so on. I was really thrilled when I received everything

and went to building

My current setup is:

GTX 2070 Super

BeQuiet 600W gold

i5 10600k

16GB of Ram(running on 3800MHz)

and 1TB-HDD,  256GB-SSD

After finishing that and updating bios and drivers I jumped ingame and had really decent fps( warzone 150fps on highest settings). Everything run smoothly and I was satisfied, until a few weeks ago when I realized I usually had really low fps ingame ~40fps or lower. I tried benchmarking where everything ran quite smoothly and my scores were similar to the ones before. I tried Nvidia's 3D-Settings and the power options of Windows both didnt really change anything.

Do you guys have any more tips I could try or am I forced to send my stuff back in and start from scrap again? Im not certain if its a software or a hardware error.

it sounds like it would be a software problem more than anything else, are all games suffering?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Fasauceome said:

it sounds like it would be a software problem more than anything else, are all games suffering?

The only thing I realized was, most games I tried ran on low gpu usage ~3-5% usually, which inclused Warzone, GTAV, League of Legends

Minecraft for example isnt really affected it can run with around 20% or usually does run with around 20%

28 minutes ago, pignervous said:

The only thing I realized was, most games I tried ran on low gpu usage ~3-5% usually, which inclused Warzone, GTAV, League of Legends

Minecraft for example isnt really affected it can run with around 20% or usually does run with around 20%

does seem like a driver issue at first glance. Have you tried removing drivers with DDU and reinstalling?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad