No sound notifications

Browser, version and OS: 

Samsung internet, samsung internet beta , android 10

Sorry if this is the wrong forum section but I definitely have an issue and while I don't think it's because of a fault of forum software,maybe someone can still help ...

So in short:. I have a new phone (A41) and no matter what I don't get any notifications, sound or otherwise from ltt anymore - used to work flawlessly on my old phone (z3)

So question is what settings could it be that make it not work? I have notifications on and gave all permissions yet I just don't get *any* notifications from ltt .

Any ideas how to make them work again? 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

This is probably partly issue with Android battery management. I have several apps with notification issues because of it. You can try to turn off any battery savings for browser.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

This is probably partly issue with Android battery management. I have several apps with notification issues because of it. You can try to turn off any battery savings for browser.

Yeah I see that's totally possible. What's weird it sometimes does a notification sound but *only* when I'm directly on the page or have ltt actively open - but not always strangely enough.

I'll try turning battery saving off for the browser though I don't really have an idea where, so far I've only found permissions and notification settings 🤔

EDIT: found it !

IMG_20200908_131752.jpg.84195056390bd2c891e19b2205db96c0.jpg

now let's see if that does anything...

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

4 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Yeah I see that's totally possible. What's weird it sometimes does a notification sound but *only* when I'm directly on the page or have ltt actively open - but not always strangely enough.

I'll try turning battery saving off for the browser though I don't really have an idea where, so far I've only found permissions and notification settings 🤔

There's one called Battery Optimization. Disable that. While checking that I noticed that my email had notifications turned off. I don't remember doing that.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, LogicalDrm said:

There's one called Battery Optimization. Disable that. While checking that I noticed that my email had notifications turned off. I don't remember doing that.

Yeah right I saw that but I don't really wanna turn that off if not totally necessary ...

See my edit, maybe that already fixes it?

Ping me please, I'll turn the screen off now to test  (it just made a sound but I also was on this page haha)

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

38 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Yeah right I saw that but I don't really wanna turn that off if not totally necessary ...

See my edit, maybe that already fixes it?

Ping me please, I'll turn the screen off now to test  (it just made a sound but I also was on this page haha)

It might, but turning optimization off for certain apps was required to get things working.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

It might, but turning optimization off for certain apps was required to get things working.

Well I tried, didn't help but I'm also unsure if I even changed the right settings?

I don't see an option to turn off optimization.

IMG_20200908_204631.thumb.jpg.88ff8bf51a926c086c7efaba97c29245.jpg

IMG_20200908_204658.jpg.6a9192659fcd07f6c80960e6516884b3.jpg

PS: it also pretty much stopped giving me notifications on here now at all (in the top right corner) it sometimes plays a sound it sometimes doesn't, and I only get a notification for a small fraction of mentions, quotes, etc.  maybe something is really broken after all? I still think it's my phone more likely tho.

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Certainly in Chrome, background tabs are quite aggressively killed to manage battery and RAM, and I imagine the same applies to Samsung's browser. To be honest, I wasn't aware that notifications in the background worked on any phones to begin with, and I'm not aware of anything that can be changed to improve that.

HTTP/2 203

2 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Certainly in Chrome, background tabs are quite aggressively killed to manage battery and RAM, and I imagine the same applies to Samsung's browser. To be honest, I wasn't aware that notifications in the background worked on any phones to begin with, and I'm not aware of anything that can be changed to improve that.

I see, oof... Yeah I thought it might be an Android thing...I don't even have an option to turn off battery "optimization"... 

The thing is on my old phone I got a sound, and a led notification even with screen turned off for every quote, mention etc... It was really cool! Also the only website this even worked... besides discord which was exactly the same thing...

I still think it has to be some settings in my phone, like it has"edge light" for notifications...but I've not seen the edges actually light up once yet...lol.

In any case thanks for the answer that means at least it's not the website malfunctioning or something.

I'll keep trying to figure it out. 👍

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer