Picking a Monitor for Gaming, 4k Content and Content Creation

Centurius

Hey all,

To go with my new rig I'm looking at a monitor to actually do it justice. Right now I'm on an LG 27UD58 and it's kind of starting to show its weaknesses. I am looking for something slightly bigger that has DisplayHDR 600 or higher and proper coverage of different spectrums for content creation. At the same time I'm also somewhat on a budget and gaming features like Freesync are a pro. As is of course being able to watch 4k HDR content.

This brought me to three options.

LG 32UL750 at €581 https://www.lg.com/uk/monitors/lg-32UL750

Asus CG32UQ at €865 https://www.asus.com/Monitors/CG32UQ/

Asus ProArt PA329C at €1214 https://www.asus.com/Monitors/ProArt-PA329C/

Now obviously without money being an issue I'd jump onto the ProArt because looking over the stats it really does look like the best out of the three. My main question is kind of if the LG and/or the CG32UQ are close enough to it in things like colour accuracy and quality that the price difference and losing Adaptive Sync aren't worth it.

I am aware of LG's Ultragear series of 4k144hz panels, unfortunately those are not really available here. I'd really appreciate your advice. The content creation is 4k btw for YouTube (and Twitch but there's no editing there).

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

What you need to ask is if your audience/clients are interested in hdr & critical colour content from your videos and if what you are producing requires hdr. 

If your videos end up on YouTube or Instagram tv, twitch etc then hdr isn't as critical as many people think due to the lack of consumers watching in hdr or would even notice true to film colour accuracy. 

Commercial work is a whole different story and adding colour critical editing means you can charge more to recover the extra cost of the monitor to support the work. 

I'd save your money and go with the LG, unless you are primarily working for contracts 

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

9 hours ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

What you need to ask is if your audience/clients are interested in hdr & critical colour content from your videos and if what you are producing requires hdr. 

If your videos end up on YouTube or Instagram tv, twitch etc then hdr isn't as critical as many people think due to the lack of consumers watching in hdr or would even notice true to film colour accuracy. 

Commercial work is a whole different story and adding colour critical editing means you can charge more to recover the extra cost of the monitor to support the work. 

I'd save your money and go with the LG, unless you are primarily working for contracts 

Thank you, I've made the call and ordered the LG :) It is only for my own projects yeah, I just thought because LTT always stresses colour accuracy for any content production that it'd apply to my usecase as well.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

6 minutes ago, Centurius said:

Thank you, I've made the call and ordered the LG :) It is only for my own projects yeah, I just thought because LTT always stresses colour accuracy for any content production that it'd apply to my usecase as well.

It does matter, all of those monitors have 100+% srgb so they are perfect for content creation on 99% of devices. 

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it