Can you rewire AUX?

MadHatz

Hey all! I recently got a cheapo AMP from aliexpress in the listing for the item the seller failed to notify the ONLY output is speakers and it has BT, AUX and line INPUTS... but the AUX input is on the front of the AMP and that's perfect for my setup and id like to know if it is possible to rewire the AUX in to a AUX out (Still kinda a newbie in audio but I can solder and rewire stuff)

Yes, if you can solder from the speaker out on the motherboard.

Pretty simple only 2 cables.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

You can't change a connector on the amplifier from input to output, the amplifier chip most likely has fixed pinout...

You could carefully CUT the traces from the line in connector and connect some wires from the line in jack to the aux in jack , so when you insert a cable in the line in connector, the chip will actually receive that signal into the auxiliary input pins (as if you plugged the jack into aux connector).

You could also just buy audio connectors, drill extra holes in the case of your amplifier and then solder wires from connectors to where you want the signal to go.

As for the sound card, you can change the role of audio jacks from the application that comes with the sound card, for example Realtek HD manager. So your microphone input on the back could be converted to stereo output, or headphones output.

1 minute ago, mariushm said:

You can't change a connector on the amplifier from input to output, the amplifier chip most likely has fixed pinout...

You could carefully CUT the traces from the line in connector and connect some wires from the line in jack to the aux in jack , so when you insert a cable in the line in connector, the chip will actually receive that signal into the auxiliary input pins (as if you plugged the jack into aux connector).

You could also just buy audio connectors, drill extra holes in the case of your amplifier and then solder wires from connectors to where you want the signal to go.

As for the sound card, you can change the role of audio jacks from the application that comes with the sound card, for example Realtek HD manager. So your microphone input on the back could be converted to stereo output, or headphones output.

I Think the best solution is your 3rd option if it helps i also have some pictures of the AUX connector

IMG_20200907_174505_1.jpg

IMG_20200907_174459.jpg

You cant get a headphone out from an amplifier that doesnt have a headphone out (at least in a good way that makes sense to do)

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."