Low FPS in Warzone with 2080 TI and i7 6700k

I'm rocking a 2080ti and an i7 6700k and for whatever reason warzone is just not running up to par with the specs.

Im running most of the settings on low and im at 2k resolution and average around 80 to 90 frames during game when i should be able to cap up to 165 hopefully.

9 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Warzone is not optimized well at all, so depending on the settings in may run horribly.

well i have a friend who's running a 1080ti and getting solid 144fps

1 minute ago, Shimejii said:

What is his resolution and settings, just match them :P

fair enough i need to ask him. because hes streaming too with the framerate stable. and hes also at 2.5k

honestly your 80-90 frames sounds about right. About what I get

Different areas have diff frame rates. depending on action too it can have a big impact. 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

20 minutes ago, TX_Hazzrd said:

well i have a friend who's running a 1080ti and getting solid 144fps

What cpu? What ram speeds?

probably the resolution is higher than your friends. Also you sure you don't have any intensive applications in the background ? I honestly completely exit g chrome for fps

I installed it out of curiosity recently, but it's not really my cup of tea. I still had it installed so I went in and tested it. I did the bot match and was getting around 100-110FPS with the settings the game auto-picked (pretty much all maxed except tessellation which was set to Near) at 1440p. I'm running a Ryzen 7 3800X with stock settings + PBO enabled, 16GB (2x8GB) of 3600MHz RAM with 17-18-18-38 timing (XMP/DOCP enabled), and a Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Super Gaming OC.

I've heard that Warzone likes having more than 4 cores. I'm wondering if your quad core is really limiting you. To me, a 6700K and a 2080Ti is a bit of a mismatch. That being said, MSI Afterburner was reporting only like 30-40% on my 8-core 16-thread CPU so I don't know. You could have background tasks eating resources. Could be outdated drivers. Could be thermal throttling. We don't really have much info to go on.

• 6 months later...

Super late, but found this helpful. i7-6700k here, just upgraded from a RX570 to a 2080 Ti and didnt feel like i saw the improvment i expected. i also am averaging 80-90fps, RTX on 70-80 sometimes 90 inside. even with dynnamic resolution on and set to 144fps, it doesnt do anything. I discovered that the person i bought my Ti from switched the cooler with a regular 2080 (found the SN to be of a 8GB 2080 OC. So i feared this was a busted card, overclocked to death, or something else. Id be curious to know if u ever upgraded ur CPU and if u did, did it help ur preformance significantly? from the sound of it i atleast got a legit 2080 Ti, just CPU bottlenecked now.