We fixed Windows 10 - Microsoft will HATE this!

I might give a custom version of W10, like this one, a go next time i wipe my system.

Currently using an old version of W7, pre W10 spyware update, and pre specter/meltdown 'nerf'.

Regardless of what W10 version it ends up being it would most certainly HAVE to have some kind of W7 style shell, i cant stand the W10 version.

And ofc , I always enable a 'God Mode' icon on the desktop, its kinda surprising how many people dont know about 'God Mode' on Windows OS's, its very handy.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

5 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

its kinda surprising how many people dont know about 'God Mode' on Windows OS's, its very handy.

To be fair, it's not really god mode, that's just what name people gave it. You can change the name to whatever you want

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

Just now, rcmaehl said:

To be fair, it's not really god mode, that's just what name people gave it. You can change the name to whatever you want

Aye i know but as u stated, its the name people gave it :P

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Hey guys long story short don't trust any iso file on the internet there can be hidden malware with it. It's always best to make it yourself. ame seems like a fantastic start to newbies in the tweaking community but it's best to do this yourself with a program such as ntlite. ame is really nice and looks like it removes a lot of (bloatware) and telemetry with windows 10. However if you don't know what you're doing or what to expect, an OS like this will never work. You will end up briking most stuff, lose features most of you want etc. plus on top of this there are additional programs and tweaks you must make to an os like this for it work properly. There are also services you have you disable or enable for certain things for windows to work and disabling services can be very dangerous and will most likely end up in a black screen if you're not careful. Some services are required for games to work, internet and Bluetooth etc so you have to find out what you're not using in order for the bare minimum on your system and this can take a few windows installs so have a spare windows USB or dual boots you will save yourself "some" headache. Am I saying it's impossible not to be able to do this on your first windows install without encountering and problems? no but it's a lot better to be in the know of what you do to your os in case the event something breaks that you need. To be fair most people won't have to mess with services and it barely makes a difference for gamers but definitely helps with memory and should be looked at by people that want to tweak even further. More some you also have to keep your specs into consideration such as your cpu and motherboard mainly. Why? because of bios settings. You can do all the tweaks and more but if you don't have good bios settings these tweaks are pretty much useless guys. I recommend Intel for the best latency on Windows. Personally I have an amd cpu and everything works fine. your gpu is not as important. in bios look at tweaking global c states (this should always be disabled) hyper threading/smt, nx mode and xmp on to get higher speeds. always overclock your cpu in bios also look at maybe tweaking your memory times but this will take too much time and i usually avoid this. Turn off any windows or any boot logo off for faster start times etc. One more thing i have to mention is programs and regedit is an important part to tweaking so be careful of what you download and change.  Also most people are gonna be forced onto 2004 because of the new gpus NVIDIA is releasing and 2004 is a terrible version for windows because of the synthetic timers and a bunch of stuff. The best os version atm for gamers and bare minimum is 1709. If you guys want further information go to f33thy on youtube he covers what most people don't and there is some really good google docs out there i won't be covering atm. So what's the lesson to be taken here? It's quite simple really if you're a gamer/ competitive gamer and want every possible advantage you can take and you don't care about security and are smart on the internet and have the time and dedication to learn this stuff and create your own iso sure go for it. Why is it beneficial? Smoother game play lower latency higher fps better a more responsive mouse for better aim etc. Why would something like this not be worth your time if you're a gamer? Well as said you might care about some features you might not have the time on your hands you might be a really good gamer and feel these tweaks are useless to you. (I feel like these tweaks are very important) You also might want to have a half tweaked os with idk store apps installed or cortana or maybe some other things enabled or disabled. In conclusion I recommend everyone one of you that's  read through this or is interested in this topic or competitive gaming to look further into this community of tweaking and maybe give it a shot to expand your knowledge with windows and how terrbile it really is for hardcore gamers. Cheers.

Don't know if Microsoft still offers it, but their older version of their installation kit lets your modify a windows image. Played around with it back then, took a 4GB Win7 image and brought it down to less than the size of a CD. It does install, but nothing works. xD

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Yeah, no thanks, just disabling telemetry is enough for me.

They should rename this to Windows 10 PE

Paranoia Edition :P

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

1 hour ago, zerosevenkay said:

Hey guys long story short don't trust any iso file on the internet there can be hidden malware with it. It's always best to make it yourself. ame seems like a fantastic start to newbies in the tweaking community but it's best to do this yourself with a program such as ntlite. ame is really nice and looks like it removes a lot of (bloatware) and telemetry with windows 10. However if you don't know what you're doing or what to expect, an OS like this will never work. You will end up briking most stuff, lose features most of you want etc. plus on top of this there are additional programs and tweaks you must make to an os like this for it work properly. There are also services you have you disable or enable for certain things for windows to work and disabling services can be very dangerous and will most likely end up in a black screen if you're not careful. Some services are required for games to work, internet and Bluetooth etc so you have to find out what you're not using in order for the bare minimum on your system and this can take a few windows installs so have a spare windows USB or dual boots you will save yourself "some" headache. Am I saying it's impossible not to be able to do this on your first windows install without encountering and problems? no but it's a lot better to be in the know of what you do to your os in case the event something breaks that you need. To be fair most people won't have to mess with services and it barely makes a difference for gamers but definitely helps with memory and should be looked at by people that want to tweak even further. More some you also have to keep your specs into consideration such as your cpu and motherboard mainly. Why? because of bios settings. You can do all the tweaks and more but if you don't have good bios settings these tweaks are pretty much useless guys. I recommend Intel for the best latency on Windows. Personally I have an amd cpu and everything works fine. your gpu is not as important. in bios look at tweaking global c states (this should always be disabled) hyper threading/smt, nx mode and xmp on to get higher speeds. always overclock your cpu in bios also look at maybe tweaking your memory times but this will take too much time and i usually avoid this. Turn off any windows or any boot logo off for faster start times etc. One more thing i have to mention is programs and regedit is an important part to tweaking so be careful of what you download and change.  Also most people are gonna be forced onto 2004 because of the new gpus NVIDIA is releasing and 2004 is a terrible version for windows because of the synthetic timers and a bunch of stuff. The best os version atm for gamers and bare minimum is 1709. If you guys want further information go to f33thy on youtube he covers what most people don't and there is some really good google docs out there i won't be covering atm. So what's the lesson to be taken here? It's quite simple really if you're a gamer/ competitive gamer and want every possible advantage you can take and you don't care about security and are smart on the internet and have the time and dedication to learn this stuff and create your own iso sure go for it. Why is it beneficial? Smoother game play lower latency higher fps better a more responsive mouse for better aim etc. Why would something like this not be worth your time if you're a gamer? Well as said you might care about some features you might not have the time on your hands you might be a really good gamer and feel these tweaks are useless to you. (I feel like these tweaks are very important) You also might want to have a half tweaked os with idk store apps installed or cortana or maybe some other things enabled or disabled. In conclusion I recommend everyone one of you that's  read through this or is interested in this topic or competitive gaming to look further into this community of tweaking and maybe give it a shot to expand your knowledge with windows and how terrbile it really is for hardcore gamers. Cheers.

My eyes hurt

Daily Driver (Lenovo Y700 Laptop)

Manjaro Linux  ||||  Intel Core i7-6700HQ  ||||  16GB DDR4-2666    ||||   GeForce GTX 960m  

250GB Samsung 970 Evo | 500GB Samung 840 Evo 

Windows Gaming PC

Windows 10 Pro  |||   Intel Core i7-10700k  |||   32GB DDR4-3600  |||   GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER  |||   MSI z490 A-Pro  |||   EVGA Supernova G2 650w 80+ Gold

120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM

Bedroom HTPC and Emulation Box

Manjaro Linux  ||||   Intel Xeon E3-1231v3  ||||   8GB DDR3-1333  |||  Radeon RX 460   |||  Asus B85M-G

120GB SSD

Living Room HTPC - Optiplex 790 SFF

Manjaro Linux  |||  Intel Core i5-2400  |||  8GB DDR3-1333  |||  Radeon HD 5450

120GB SSD

The only thing other than switching to Linux (other than not being able to play Forza on PC) is the seemingly lacking support for HDR related things such as 10 bit colour. There seems to be some support planned with Wayland or even partially implemented while Xorg doesn't seem to even plan on implementing HDR.

5 hours ago, Ashley xD said:

so this just bricks Windows to the point that

• most modern games won't run
  • search is completely dead
  • updating is insanely complicated
  • you lose access to uwp apps
  • etc etc

why not use Linux then?

Windows 10......

or dealing with the incredible superiority complex and outright hatred for novice users linux community......

I still think 10 is slightly less torture 

5 hours ago, GabenJr said:

Yeah also none of the links not even the torrent works so maybe update the video description to say its gone.

Until further notice, the community-run download and seed server as been ordered to cease operations. You are welcome to continue to download and share the torrent independently, we have no control over that.

The website will remain up and running, and will reflect these changes as soon as possible, with a tougher focus on the “do it yourself” methodology. Going forward, we will be focusing on better documentation, as well as shortening and streamlining the overall amelioration process.

We will continue to somehow link to community ISOs, but until we can find a way to do so, in a more legally sound manner, this download option will be frozen on the website.

6 hours ago, TetraSky said:

The fact that it removes Windows Activation and uses a "generic key" for the install (as seen in the customization option of it), doesn't that mean it's technically pirated?

All of LMG use pirated copies of windows. They made a vid explaining why

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  • Motheboard
    MSI - MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI (Socket AM4) USB-C Gen2 AMD Motherboard
  • RAM
    CORSAIR - Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB (2PK 16GB) 3.2GHz PC4-25600 DDR4 DIMM Unbuffered Non-ECC Desktop Memory Kit with RGB Lighting - Black
  • GPU
    MSI - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card - Black/Gray
  • Case
    CORSAIR - iCUE 220T RGB Airflow ATX Mid-Tower Smart Case - Black
  • Storage
    WD - Blue 500GB Internal SATA Solid State Drive Seagate - Barracuda 2TB Internal SATA Hard Drive for Desktops
  • PSU
    CORSAIR - RMx Series 850W ATX12V 2.4/EPS12V 2.92 80 Plus Gold Modular Power Supply - Black
  • Display
    Samsung - Odyssey CRG5 series 24” LED Curved FHD FreeSync monitor - Black
  • Keyboard
    Razer Cynosa Chroma
  • Mouse
    Razer Mamba Elite
  • OS
    Windows 10 Home

25 minutes ago, Phoned_ said:

All of LMG use pirated copies of windows. They made a vid explaining why

Pretty sure their actual workstations use activated copies and only their test bench doesn't.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

The program said "Requires Windows 10 ver 1804 or better."

So I installed linux.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 hour ago, emosun said:

Windows 10......

or dealing with the incredible superiority complex and outright hatred for novice users linux community......

I still think 10 is slightly less torture 

Linux is user friendly.

It's just very picky who its friends are 🤪

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Here's the thing (being serious for a moment, unlike my other posts)

Windows 10, is broken by design.

It's built, from nearly the ground up, to spy on you, and extract as much about you, your system, and the use of said system, as possible.

No amount of tweaking, or tinkering, will fix the core thesis.

Windows 10 is actively hostile to the user. Period. Full Stop.

Trying to secure it and make it useable, while at the same time securing your privacy is an impossible task.

Look at the damage done, for one prime example, just by trying to rip out Cortana.

All kinds of things break.

So you, the user, have a choice.

Use Windows 10, and all that entails

Or switch.

The choice is not so simple as it sounds.

But it's the only choice you have.

RIP

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

This is honestly one of LTT's worst videos, as it really demonstrates the limits of Anthony's technical understanding of the underlying system he's trying to explain.

The most egregious part is when he states that Explorer is more responsive because it usually has to "update some log in the background that's gotta go off to microsoft". Not only is this false, you basically just called Microsoft's engineers a bunch of morons who don't know how to implement a non-blocking, asynchronous background queue (hint: event logging is a non-blocking operation).

As usual, there's no actual explanation of Windows 10's telemetry subsystem and instead Linus just waves his hands around about the "phoning home" boogeyman.

You could, I don't know, actually inform your watchers that that just setting your telemetry settings to Basic or Required (v2004), will restrict all reporting to just the reliability & crash metrics explicitly outlined in:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/privacy/required-windows-diagnostic-data-events-and-fields-2004

You could even tell users to take a look at the Diagnostic Data Viewer to see what's being sent so they can discover for themselves that it's a bunch of uninteresting anonymous metrics and error reports.

Linus and Anthony continue the tech youtuber trend of fear mongering that Windows telemetry is some mysterious black box of unknown stuff that's trying to secretly harvest your PI, when in reality Microsoft has outlined everything they collect and why they collect it within the Windows 10 privacy documentation above. Maybe you could break the mold and actually read the Microsoft documentation for once? 

3 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Windows 10, is broken by design.

It's built, from nearly the ground up, to spy on you, and extract as much about you, your system, and the use of said system, as possible.

This is just copypasta at this point, I've definitely seen it more than once. It's written as if there's no possible reason Microsoft might want to know how your system is operating. Microsoft is made up of thousands of engineers across hundreds of different teams. Each team wants to see diagnostic metrics over the piece of the pie they happen to own. The metrics are aggregated, anonymised and most of the original data deleted after 90 days. Unlike the Linux community, the average windows 10 user does not have the technical skillset or motivation to report to microsoft that an audio driver is throwing some errors somewhere in the kernel. 

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

1 hour ago, TetraSky said:

Pretty sure their actual workstations use activated copies and only their test bench doesn't.

oh i didn't know that lol

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  • Motheboard
    MSI - MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI (Socket AM4) USB-C Gen2 AMD Motherboard
  • RAM
    CORSAIR - Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB (2PK 16GB) 3.2GHz PC4-25600 DDR4 DIMM Unbuffered Non-ECC Desktop Memory Kit with RGB Lighting - Black
  • GPU
    MSI - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card - Black/Gray
  • Case
    CORSAIR - iCUE 220T RGB Airflow ATX Mid-Tower Smart Case - Black
  • Storage
    WD - Blue 500GB Internal SATA Solid State Drive Seagate - Barracuda 2TB Internal SATA Hard Drive for Desktops
  • PSU
    CORSAIR - RMx Series 850W ATX12V 2.4/EPS12V 2.92 80 Plus Gold Modular Power Supply - Black
  • Display
    Samsung - Odyssey CRG5 series 24” LED Curved FHD FreeSync monitor - Black
  • Keyboard
    Razer Cynosa Chroma
  • Mouse
    Razer Mamba Elite
  • OS
    Windows 10 Home

I like how LTT and a ton of people on the forum always preach Linux as the best alternative to literally every problem. Yes, there's probably a Linux alternative application for that one written only for Windows that you can't let go of, but half of the time the developer writes the installation instructions with the assumption that you're already some command line god. Better yet, you might be directed to download a .deb file. Now what? Double clicking doesn't open up some installer like you're used to. Of you're suppose to navigate to the location of that .deb file in the terminal, and type sudo dpkg -i followed by the package name? Oh wow how did I not think of that? 

Linux is one of the least user friendly environments there are. You convince these users to try it since it's the best thing since sliced bread. When they do encounter a problem and they ask for help, and they tell you they don't know what a terminal is, you just go "pfffttttttt", laugh hysterically for the next 30 minutes and just abandon the poor sole. Linux is still only an alternative for real teach enthusiasts and not the average joe or the "techy" who really just wants to play some games. 

Rant done.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

29 minutes ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

RIP

And It's gone.

Note: I did get the torrent link to work, so that's still working for the moment?