What TV for 4K RTX 30xx pc gaming in my living room?

FrithjofS

Hey guys,

I'm looking to get myself a new TV for my living room.

My current setup is shameful (GTX 770 with a 1366*768 32 inch tv screen) and the new announcement of next gen GPU convinced me it was time for me to replace my setup (gaming pc +TV)

The tv will mostly be used for Netflix and video games.
I want to have a 50 or 55" screen, 4K res and at least 100 Hz refresh rate to make use of my gaming rig (possibly a 3080).

I don't play competitive FPS so response time and input lag isn't the most decisive criteria.

I know some technologies are good to have like freesync, VRR or ALLM or HDR, but I'm not sure what I should aim for with my budget.

I intend to spend no more than 600-800€ on the TV screen, so choices definitly will have to be made...

Can anyone help me understand what the best option would be for what I'm planning to do ?

Thanks for your help !

Probably a Samsung Q60T or Sony A9F are your best options for displays.

The geek himself.

if your looking for hdmi 2.1 goodness lg, samsung, hisence, sony visio (visio has a few bugs to work out) have all came out with hdmi 2.1 tv's. majority have pretty damn good ms on them too....go to rtings and check out reviews. decide what features and such YOU want

I use LG OLED TVs

They have HDMI 2.1 so 4k 120hz gaming with G-sync compatibility ready for the RTX 30 series.

They are even better for lower end and 20 series cards since they can do a perfect 1080p and 1440p at 120hz.

I have been replacing all the TVs in the house with them but the next one I will get on black Friday since the Labor Day sales are not great.

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

I'm not interested in OLED as I know it will be out of my budget.

I browsed the web and some youtube content, and I think the Sony XH 90 or Samsung Q80T Would fit my needs.

I know the Samsung Q80T has amazing Rtings stats, but I heard that the image quality suffered a lot from gaming mode.

Any of you has any experience with this ?

6 hours ago, FrithjofS said:

I'm not interested in OLED as I know it will be out of my budget.

I browsed the web and some youtube content, and I think the Sony XH 90 or Samsung Q80T Would fit my needs.

I know the Samsung Q80T has amazing Rtings stats, but I heard that the image quality suffered a lot from gaming mode.

Any of you has any experience with this ?

the q80t suffered in game mode? its got the highest gaming rating then majority of tvs

14 hours ago, circeseye said:

the q80t suffered in game mode? its got the highest gaming rating then majority of tvs

Multiple reviews states the game mode has excellent input lag by neutering picture quality. Local dimming goes out the window and colors become washed out. Many of the YouTube videos demoing this show the TV looking pretty terrible compared to non game mode and other comparable tvs.

15 hours ago, FrithjofS said:

Multiple reviews states the game mode has excellent input lag by neutering picture quality. Local dimming goes out the window and colors become washed out. Many of the YouTube videos demoing this show the TV looking pretty terrible compared to non game mode and other comparable tvs.

wow ok...i never caught that. thats not like samsung. i wonder if they are coming out with a fix