4000 Australian Dollar PC Build, A Few Specific Questions

Isaiah9876

Budget (including currency): 4000 AUD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: High AAA titles with Ray Tracing etc. 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hey there everyone!

I was hoping for advice on an upcoming PC build, I will be primarily be using it for 1440p gaming with a 165Hz monitor as well as photo editing. Please note I intend to put an ASUS ROG 3080, I just couldn't include it in the part list for obvious reasons. The current build can be seen below.

spacer.png:

I have a few concerns that I was hoping for some thoughts on:

• The difference between B550-F and X570, will the 3.0 General Purpose Lanes vs the 4.0 Lanes in the X570 make any difference to performance? Are there any notable differences between these boards that I should be aware of that would justify the $100 price increase to a X570

• I understand this cannot be truly known until reviews/benchmarks have been released but can I expect the 3700x to bottleneck a 3080?

• Will I have any issues with fan/RGB control with the available headers on the board and the included RGB Controller in the Corsair Case?

• Any general thoughts on the build and how i could potentially improve it or save money are also welcome.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

11 minutes ago, Isaiah9876 said:

I understand this cannot be truly known until reviews/benchmarks have been released but can I expect the 3700x to bottleneck a 3080?

it is better to wait for 4000 series amd chips and the intel 11th gen desktop processors to release 

5 minutes ago, alirafi321 said:

it is better to wait for 4000 series amd chips and the intel 11th gen desktop processors to release 

3080 is out in 12 days, and there is literally no news about Ryzen 4000 or 11th gen. Why are you recommending waiting when nobody has literally any idea on when these chips are coming out or what their specs are?

10 minutes ago, alirafi321 said:

Thanks for the reply! I've been wondering if i should wait for the 4000 series, but i have been really eager to build for a long time. I'm certainly not averse to waiting since i waited for the 30 series GPUs but i'm not sure i'm going to see a considerable performance increase with the Zen 3 CPUs.

I would go with this and then wait for the RTX 3000 series to release and then get a 3070/3080 

PC: Ryzen 7 2700 | RX 5700 XT | Asus Prime B450-PLUS | CoolerMaster Masterwatt 600W | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz RAM | 512GB NVME SSD & 7TB combined HDD | macOS Monterey 12.6.6, Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and WIndows 10 Pro x64

Laptop: MacBook Pro 15" 2015 | i7-4870HQ | R9 M370X | 16gb | 1tb SSD

iPhone 13 Pro Max | 256GB | iOS 15.7

My Folding Stats | #MuricaParrotGang

6 hours ago, Aereldor said:

3080 is out in 12 days, and there is literally no news about Ryzen 4000 or 11th gen. Why are you recommending waiting when nobody has literally any idea on when these chips are coming out or what their specs are?

bruh , havnt u guys learnt from the rtx 3000 series launch

17 hours ago, alirafi321 said:

bruh , havnt u guys learnt from the rtx 3000 series launch

There were leaks months before, and NVidia advertised their conference weeks in advance. Do you really think Ryzen 4000, RDNA2, and Intel 11th Gen are all going to come out tomorrow as a surprise present just for you?

7 hours ago, Aereldor said:

Do you really think Ryzen 4000, RDNA2, and Intel 11th Gen

no what i meant is that is just to wait for ryzen 4000 series to release, i dint even mention abt the release date , nor did i mention rdna 2 , intel and amd already showcased thier new cpus for laptops and it wont take long before they release thier new cpu and one more thing is u AREN'T here to HELP ME , u r here to help him ,  so STOP taking things personal 😡 .... all newer gen parts hav SO MUCH performance increase over the last gen thats why i referenced the rtx 3000 series cards not bcz of u to decide when amd and intel will release CPUs for me

48 minutes ago, alirafi321 said:

no what i meant is that is just to wait for ryzen 4000 series to release, i dint even mention abt the release date , nor did i mention rdna 2 , intel and amd already showcased thier new cpus for laptops and it wont take long before they release thier new cpu and one more thing is u AREN'T here to HELP ME , u r here to help him ,  so STOP taking things personal 😡 .... all newer gen parts hav SO MUCH performance increase over the last gen thats why i referenced the rtx 3000 series cards not bcz of u to decide when amd and intel will release CPUs for me

2000 series cards didn’t have ‘SO MUCH performance increase over last gen’. 

15 hours ago, alirafi321 said:

just to wait for ryzen 4000 series to release

RTX 3080 is out in 10 days, RTX 3090 is out in 17 days, and we don't know anything about Ryzen 4000... You're telling people to wait without the faintest idea how long they'll have to wait for. 

The 'leaked roadmap' shows Vermeer's target release date as '2020/2021'... Not very specific.

15 hours ago, alirafi321 said:

all newer gen parts hav SO MUCH performance increase over the last gen

This isn't even remotely true. Intel since 2011. AMD before Ryzen. A whole slew of disappointing Radeon and NVidia architectures, all the rebrands ever. 'Next gen' doesn't mean a damn thing, it actually has to perform better.

On 9/7/2020 at 10:22 AM, Aereldor said:

RTX 3080 is out in 10 days, RTX 3090 is out in 17 days, and we don't know anything about Ryzen 4000... You're telling people to wait without the faintest idea how long they'll have to wait for. 

The 'leaked roadmap' shows Vermeer's target release date as '2020/2021'... Not very specific.

This isn't even remotely true. Intel since 2011. AMD before Ryzen. A whole slew of disappointing Radeon and NVidia architectures, all the rebrands ever. 'Next gen' doesn't mean a damn thing, it actually has to perform better.

and btw , zen 3 4000 series processor keynote on october 8th 

3 hours ago, alirafi321 said:

and btw , zen 3 4000 series processor keynote on october 8th 

Probably won't be released till late October/November then. It's up to OP whether he wants to hold off on 2 months of gaming to get better parts or not.

On 9/5/2020 at 9:49 AM, Aereldor said:

Total waste of money for a gaming pc. It won't load games any faster. A WD Blue 2TB for $299 is a much better option in terms of value. If he wants NVMe then the Adata SX8200 Pro 2TB is $390. Still a lot cheaper than the MP600.

17 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

Total waste of money for a gaming pc. It won't load games any faster. A WD Blue 2TB for $299 is a much better option in terms of value. If he wants NVMe then the Adata SX8200 Pro 2TB is $390. Still a lot cheaper than the MP600.

Either option beats getting a 1tb 970 evo and a 1tb sata ssd. i thought he was doing some editing given the components, I agree that a sata ssd is fine for gaming.

12 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Either option beats getting a 1tb 970 evo and a 1tb sata ssd. i thought he was doing some editing given the components, I agree that a sata ssd is fine for gaming.

He does mention photo editing, but says that the primary use is gaming. If it was me I would go with the Adata SX8200 Pro 2TB.

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/product/kQZzK8/adata-xpg-sx8200-pro-2-tb-m2-2280-nvme-solid-state-drive-asx8200pnp-2tt-c