''11 percent of Americans think HTML is an STD''

TopWargamer

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-57619901-71/11-percent-of-americans-think-html-is-an-std-study-says/

On reading the statistic that more than 1 in 10 Americans believe that HTML is a sexually transmitted disease, I feel sure that a collective guffaw will roar around the mouths of our future rulers, the royals of Silicon Valley.

Just something tech related and funny that I found. Man, we Americans really need to be more knowledgeable on technology, since it is becoming more prevalent.

And here's some more.

Twenty-seven percent believe a gigabyte to be an insect from South America. Quite naturally, 18 percent also thought Blu-ray was from the animal world. For it's clearly some sort of marine life. (And if it isn't, it should be.)

COMIC SANS

Sometimes I don't know if I believe these...

I've read some "statistics" that claimed very outlandish things...

This one seems more reasonable, but a bit high.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

nm87RL8.gif

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Every day I hate my country more and more.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

Isnt it an STI now? well atleast in australia im pretty sure it is and seriously how do people become so dumb.

That's bad.

The statistics on belief in evolution and belief that earth orbits the sun look waaaay worse to me.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

The statistics on belief in evolution and belief that earth orbits the sun look waaaay worse to me.

Most people are unaware that the sun is a star..

Americans...

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

Twenty-seven percent believe a gigabyte to be an insect from South America.

18 percent also thought Blu-ray was from the animal world

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Most people are unaware that the sun is a star..

Well but it's bigger right?  :(

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

No, its just stupid survey.

"Twenty-seven percent believe a gigabyte to be an insect from South America. Quite naturally, 18 percent also thought Blu-ray was from the animal world. For it's clearly some sort of marine life." "Your favorite might turn out to be the 42 percent of respondents who thought a motherboard was the deck of a cruise ship"

Quad Facepalm please

182832-quadruple_facepalm_super.jpg

i'm a potato

Man, I saw this two days ago on a danish newssite, and I was like *Facedesk*

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

Wait what ._________________.

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

I'm assuming they were asking pre-schoolers. I don't know a single non-tech person who would think any of those are correct, let alone 11%.

well of course,  if you asked anyone in any country what an Autosomal Dominant Spinocerebellar Degeneration is? I bet 11% if not more would get it wrong.  Tech enthusiasts only make up a small percentage of the population, just because tech is a major part of life and everyone uses a computer does not mean everyone should know the general stuff. 

Don't laugh at people for not knowing a general or special terms.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

lol Jimmy Fallon said this last night on the Tonight Show

TF2 is what I do