''Sony America CEO Jack Tretton Steps Down''

TopWargamer

http://kotaku.com/sony-ceo-jack-tretton-steps-down-1538028448?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Sony America boss Jack Tretton has stepped down, the company announced today. His last day will be on March 31.

Shawn Layden, who is executive vice president and COO of Sony Network Entertainment International, will take Tretton's position as of April 1.

"This is a result of a mutual agreement between Mr. Tretton and SCEA not to renew their contractual relationship," Sony said in a press release. Tretton had been with Sony since 1995, and he'd been president of Sony's American division since 2006.

But...why? This makes no sense. As to my knowledge, he was a great CEO and the PS4 is a successful product in both the US and Japan. On top of that, it's even beating the Xbox One. So what gives?

COMIC SANS

http://kotaku.com/sony-ceo-jack-tretton-steps-down-1538028448?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

But...why? This makes no sense. As to my knowledge, he was a great CEO and the PS4 is a successful product in both the US and Japan. On top of that, it's even beating the Xbox One. So what gives?

Simple. He's human. Life gets in the way. Just a guess.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Sony is going bankrupt with only a 22% chance of recovering due to a lot of their other brands tanking in sales.

Do you really think Microsoft would want to hire him after he said all of this, which basically forced Microsoft into the position they are in now?

You are right but I just think he is way better than Elop.. :(

You are right but I just think he is way better than Elop.. :(

Oh I couldn't agree more. I don't think Elop will do good as the head of Microsoft's Xbox division. Remember, this is the same Stephen Elop that said that if he became the CEO of Microsoft that he would axe the Xbox division, and now he's heading it up. 

COMIC SANS