Will this Samsung 25watt fast charger ruin small devices?

Trist100

Hello! 

So recently I bought a new power bank and some other devices for school. And I'm wondering if my samsung charger would ruin my battery on my headphones. 

My headphones are the Sennheiser BT450, it says they can take 5v at 500mA max.

From what I saw online and was reading. So far my thoughts are no my charger wont damage it. But I might be wrong and want to make sure. The charger is a 25watt fast charger from samsung. With the usb type c connector on it. 

If the charger wont damage the headphones. Could you explain why? And how it knows how much to charge without destroying the battery? Just so I can educate myself. 

Thanks!!

20200901_211143.jpg

The charger has to communicate with the device before it sends the full power it can provide through. It won't break your headphones. You won't get fast charging, but they won't blow up either.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

No it won't, as the headphones might not be able to use fast charging.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

The important thing is to make sure the voltage of the charger matches the voltage required for the device that is being powered. The amperage can be different to a certain point. If there is not enough amperage, the device won't charge or will charge slower. If the amperage is higher, the device will charge faster up to a certain point. If the amperage is higher than the device requires, nothing bad will happen, there just won't be a benefit either. 

15 hours ago, Caroline said:

nHHS0Om.png

Okay, there are basically two things you consider.

1) Voltage, this is basically the "size of the hose"

2) Amps (volts times watts), which is the "pressure inside the hose"

If you plug a 250ma device into a 500 charger, it will only ever pull 250ma from it. However if you plug a 12V device into a 5V charger, it will fail to charge, and if you plug a 5V device into a 12V charger, it will likely catch fire. Now if you plug a device that requires 3A into a character that only puts out 500ma, it will only get 500ma, and if it's a proper character it will just do that and be unscathed. If you plug a device that requires 500ma into a character that can supply 3A, then it will only pull 500ma and be fine.

There's also polarity to consider, but no USB device that I'm aware of switches polarity.

With that said

Quick charging techniques often fidget with the charging protocol, and if a device does not support the protocol, it simply won't be quick charged.

It's likely to kill your headphones tbh.  Fast chargers are the devil 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer