Monitor Recommendations

EzekielGMG

I'm getting a new GPU (either the 2060 super or the 2070 super) and am looking for a new monitor to go along with it. I want to upgrade from my ancient 1080p 60hz TV to a 1440p 120hz OR 144hz monitor, but the market feels so flooded with options and different "features" that makes me feel like whatever decision I'm going to make will be the wrong one, so I want to avoid that. Anyone have any good monitors in mind I could buy without having to go without food for a week? I don't really have a budget, but I'd rather take compromises for a lower priced screen, and just in case a "budget" price makes it easier, I'd say about £400 maximum. Thanks in advance

7 minutes ago, EzekielGMG said:

I'm getting a new GPU (either the 2060 super or the 2070 super)

Considering the new cards have been announced literal hours ago, did you think of e.g. waiting till October and trying to get your hands on a 3070? Same price as the reference 2070 Super yet better performance.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

12 minutes ago, tikker said:

Considering the new cards have been announced literal hours ago, did you think of e.g. waiting till October and trying to get your hands on a 3070? Same price as the reference 2070 Super yet better performance.

This.
If you are buying a new GPU, literally wait, spend that same money and get double your performance, OP.

I bought my cards the quarter they released then they got bumped with the Supers and I felt rough. Imagine how you will feel when your new stuff is getting dusted. 

dance_react.gif

21 minutes ago, tikker said:

11 minutes ago, Daemic said:

This.
If you are buying a new GPU, literally wait, spend that same money and get double your performance, OP.

I bought my cards the quarter they released then they got bumped with the Supers and I felt rough. Imagine how you will feel when your new stuff is getting dusted. 

thanks for the help guys, I completely forgot and missed the announcement of the new GPUs
if i end up waiting on the GPU, should i wait on getting a new monitor too? i'd still like to get that out of the way