Exporting from windows 10 mail app

I need help exporting mail form windows 10 mail app to outlook. anyone had any luck doing this?

if you use IMAP you should be able to just configure the outlook with your IMAP account and it syncronizes everything (except maybe the outbox and other files that might be set to save locally)

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

20 minutes ago, donux said:

I need help exporting mail form windows 10 mail app to outlook. anyone had any luck doing this?

As far as I know, there's no way to export as the Windows 10 Mail app is a limited client. That being said, if your accounts are setup as IMAP or Exchange ActiveSync, you can just set them up in another email client and emails should sync up as long as they're still on the server.
https://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/110506-how-do-i-export-messages-accouns-windows-10-mail.html

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

10 hours ago, kirashi said:

As far as I know, there's no way to export as the Windows 10 Mail app is a limited client. That being said, if your accounts are setup as IMAP or Exchange ActiveSync, you can just set them up in another email client and emails should sync up as long as they're still on the server.
https://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/110506-how-do-i-export-messages-accouns-windows-10-mail.html

thank you for the response! 

sadly the one I am helping uses pop mail and all mail for the last 5+ years (2.000+ emails in the outbox) are all saved locally on his laptop. the host service he uses for email (a local ISP) only saves somwhere around 20mb of e-mails on their servers, about 200-300 e-mails sync automatically when looging inn to the e-mail on his new machine.

well think I might have to break the news to the guy that other than saving all 2.000 email individually there is nothing that would take a reasonable amount of time I can do.

THANK YOU ALL for the help :)