scratched screen

Aaranu

Hey guys, today i decided i would put back my second monitor on my desk after having it sitting around collecting dust. However it now has two scratches on the screen, which are very noticeable on light backgrounds.

Do you guys have any tips on removing these? or just any ideas. One is fairly deep, but its not that noticeable, the most annoying ones are just little scuffs.

Cheers

Assuming this is an matte LCD/TFT screen and the scratches are only in the outer anti-gloss coating, you could attempt to remove this AG coating and live with a glossy screen...some peeps have done it on the Dell U2711 because it's AG coating is crazy thick. See here: http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=878149 and here: http://www.overclock.net/t/1230911/removing-the-anti-glare-coating-on-u2711.

I'd personally recommend against this mod unless you wanna totally ruin your display (there is a >50% fail rate), imho you should just eat ramen and bananas for two weeks and get a new secondary monitor. Check eBay for some sub-$50 deals on 1080p TN panels.

yeah thinking about just buying a new one, got the money so. looking at the dell S2340L to go along with my U2711

I have a massive scratch right in the centre of my monitor and it has completely taken out all colour in that area and after a while of using it as a secondary monitor ive gotten used to it, yet me and my friend dont see how it actually still works, so even if u are getting a new one just keep it as a only temp monitoring monitor or something

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know how I can get this scratch of my screen. I've tried toothpaste, vaseline, and the pencil eraser and no method worked. Should I perhaps do these methods for longer periods of time? I am really annoyed at the rainbow scratch and any help would be appreciated.

post-2752-13667861244503_thumb.jpg

Across the vast and majestic gulf of time and space, the jimmies rustle softly.