LTT Official Folding Month 2020!!!

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

Luckily when I said it was almost done, I really meant it. 

For the last time in 2020, ladles and gentlespoons, here a blog post.

And with that said, it's a wrap! Thank you for everyone getting involved, if you'd like to continue talking about folding why not head over to The Folding Community Board

2 minutes ago, BlazerBuddy said:

Oh okay, I just saw some pictures of the windows GUI and saw that some of the lists to do. One said 3.5 hours and the other said like 13.5 hours. Let’s say I start running the 3 hour one. Will I be able to use the pc during the time or not??

I think you're seeing time to complete a work unit.  As long as you set the slider to medium (the default) or light for folding power, you should be able to continue to use the computer as normal while it is working away.

2 minutes ago, BlazerBuddy said:

Oh okay, I just saw some pictures of the windows GUI and saw that some of the lists to do. One said 3.5 hours and the other said like 13.5 hours. Let’s say I start running the 3 hour one. Will I be able to use the pc during the time or not??

Yes, you are able to pause the work units and give a bit of rest to your computer (not that it needs anyway if airflow is good).

And what you saw is estimated time to finish for specific work units.

You have a deadline which is usually 3 days and sometimes up to 7 or even 14 days for some work units.

You should read the thread that was posted few messages back and some tutorials from F@H or/and on youtube.

Here are some useful links:

https://foldingathome.org/support/faq/project-details/

https://foldingathome.org/support/faq/running-foldinghome/

https://foldingathome.org/support/faq/points/

After you go through FAQ, thread with installation help and tutorials on YT, feel free to ask anything. But you will get the most answers in links above and from the thread mentioned by @marknd59.

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

CPU i7-8700k (5.0GHz)  Motherboard Aorus Z370 Gaming 7  RAM Vengeance® RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz  GPU  Aorus 1080 Ti

Case Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA  Storage  Samsung Evo 970 1TB & WD Red Pro 10TB

PSU Corsair HX850i  Cooling Custom EKWB loop

Display Acer Predator x34 120Hz

1 minute ago, Favebook said:

Yes, you are able to pause the work units and give a bit of rest to your computer (not that it needs anyway if airflow is good).

And what you saw is estimated time to finish for specific work units.

You have a deadline which is usually 3 days and sometimes up to 7 or even 14 days for some work units.

You should read the thread that was posted few messages back and some tutorials from F@H or/and on youtube.

Here are some useful links:

https://foldingathome.org/support/faq/project-details/

https://foldingathome.org/support/faq/running-foldinghome/

https://foldingathome.org/support/faq/points/

After you go through FAQ, thread with installation help and tutorials on YT, feel free to ask anything. But you will get the most answers in links above and from the thread mentioned by @marknd59.

Oh okay thx!!

@Favebook Would running my system on this power supply be okay for the folding tasks.

Specs- Ryzen 5 3600

gtx 1660 super

B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC

This is the power supply- https://www.microcenter.com/product/485311/powerspec-550-watt-80-plus-bronze-atx-non-modular-power-supply

Everyone was saying how this is a cheap tier D power supply and I should return it. But I am already past the 30 day return policy so I can’t.

27 minutes ago, BlazerBuddy said:

@Favebook Would running my system on this power supply be okay for the folding tasks.

Specs- Ryzen 5 3600

gtx 1660 super

This is the power supply- https://www.microcenter.com/product/485311/powerspec-550-watt-80-plus-bronze-atx-non-modular-power-supply

Everyone was saying how this is a cheap tier D power supply and I should return it. But I am already past the 30 day return policy so I can’t.

If you're comfortable running your system normally with longer gaming sessions, folding will be fine.  Your system won't pull more power folding than the hardware components can already pull.  If you're worried, set the power target of your GPU to about 80% and you'll be nicer to your PSU than how you've been gaming currently.

2 minutes ago, justpoet said:

If you're comfortable running your system normally with longer gaming sessions, folding will be fine.  Your system won't pull more power folding than the hardware components can already pull.  If you're worried, set the power target of your GPU to about 80% and you'll be nicer to your PSU than how you've been gaming currently.

Okay thx. I just wanted to make sure you guys wouldn’t say how Folding would ruin the cheap psu or something like that.

PSA !

OK everyone if you are about to sign-up are have already signed up Please claim any folding badges you are entitled to. You can get badges for the following.

21  Wu's completed Contributor badge
1M points Bronze badge
25M points Silver badge
100M points Gold badge

If you all did this it will speed things up a bit for me 🙂

Thank you.

On 8/31/2020 at 8:25 PM, iLostMyXbox21 said:

Someone remind me to set this up today. This is gonna by my first time folding. I won’t be able to do much due to my low specs, but I figure I will try

same. I will use an i32nd gen..

Thanking you,

Yours faithfully,

Celeric07

15 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Those are from last year? Damn I dont remmebr doing 27th....

I believe so, unless I have missed an event.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

10 hours ago, BlazerBuddy said:

Specs- Ryzen 5 3600

gtx 1660 super

It will be fine. But I'd suggest you selling that PSU on open market for 80% of what you paid (ore more if possible) and then buying a new, better one.

I wouldn't be worried about it bursting in flames any time soon, but it's better to have a good PSU than to think about it when you go to sleep.

I had really good luck in my country where I bought a lot of 800-1600W PSUs when mining craze was at it's lowest, and when PSU shortage hit few months ago, I sold them for almost 1.5x the price I paid. 

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

CPU i7-8700k (5.0GHz)  Motherboard Aorus Z370 Gaming 7  RAM Vengeance® RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz  GPU  Aorus 1080 Ti

Case Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA  Storage  Samsung Evo 970 1TB & WD Red Pro 10TB

PSU Corsair HX850i  Cooling Custom EKWB loop

Display Acer Predator x34 120Hz

The public sign up sheet has just been updated!

You can find it in the blog post from Sunday, the link remains unchanged 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

image.thumb.png.191dbe3e2daaf67cf5d52a0ea2777444.png

Every little bit helps, I guess.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 hour ago, kelvinhall05 said:

image.thumb.png.191dbe3e2daaf67cf5d52a0ea2777444.png

Every little bit helps, I guess.

Can I know how would I make my lap to full load for F@H? 
It only takes 11% of CPU even I selected full power 

2 minutes ago, justiceserv said:

Can I know how would I make my lap to full load for F@H? 
It only takes 11% of CPU even I selected full power 

Seems it might be just some of the latest WU. I'm having the same problem on my current WU, I wasn't several days ago.

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Seems it might be just some of the latest WU. I'm having the same problem on my current WU, I wasn't several days ago.

Oh, thanks for fast reply!
i just wanted to contribute more :D
would express install also matter for that too? 

2 minutes ago, justiceserv said:

Oh, thanks for fast reply!
i just wanted to contribute more :D
would express install also matter for that too? 

I don't think so. Can't really control the WUs you get, so just wait for your PC to finish the current ones and hopefully the next ones won't have this same issue.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

Okay

4 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I don't think so. Can't really control the WUs you get, so just wait for your PC to finish the current ones and hopefully the next ones won't have this same issue.

Thanks a lot!!

has there been any youtube plugs?

edit: Pogey big epic 3000 post... does this mean i'll be blessed with 3000🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

52 minutes ago, GrockleTD said:

has there been any youtube plugs?

edit: Pogey big epic 3000 post... does this mean i'll be blessed with 3000🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

I have asked @jakkuh_t to try and get a couple.

@RILEYISMYNAME @James any chance for some shout outs for the event! 

Also will be getting back to any DMs sometime this afternoon. Just got some good news about the charity I run but it means I'm going to end up being hammered over the next couple months betweek work, the charity and folding! It's nice to be busy!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

On 9/15/2020 at 7:05 PM, cbigfoot said:

OK having to pull out the whip Bender is slacking....

image.png.aa5a20760e34b80d1d3a6bfbd351e0b1.png

I'm seeing similar things, I think people firing FAH back up is taking up some WU, which is great.

I actually jumped out of the beta queue, and had a steady stream of WU on my one system for like 2 months without touching anything or ever pause/unpausing!  Which was nice for my lazy @$$.  But looks like I need to start refreshing again!

El Zoido:  9900k + RTX 4090 / 32 gb 3600mHz RAM / z390 Aorus Master 

The Box:  3900x + RTX 3080 /  32 gb 3000mHz RAM / B550 MSI mortar 

1 hour ago, Zberg said:

I'm seeing similar things, I think people firing FAH back up is taking up some WU, which is great.

Man, those RTX 3080s work fast. ;)