LTT Official Folding Month 2020!!!

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

Luckily when I said it was almost done, I really meant it. 

For the last time in 2020, ladles and gentlespoons, here a blog post.

And with that said, it's a wrap! Thank you for everyone getting involved, if you'd like to continue talking about folding why not head over to The Folding Community Board

1 hour ago, justpoet said:

Sooooo many "no work units available for this configuration"….why does this have to start up just because we're going into folding month?

I'm curious as well.  Considering that sprint 4 is still slowly progressing at 44%, I'd imagine they'd still have a boatload of WUs to hand out.  Maybe it's not lack WUs, but an issue with infrastructure/demand (pure speculation)?

Edit:  Further investigation on my end indicates that all of the "WUs are not available" errors, on my system, are for CPU slots, not GPU.

11 hours ago, viming_aint_easy said:

I'm curious as well.  Considering that sprint 4 is still slowly progressing at 44%, I'd imagine they'd still have a boatload of WUs to hand out.  Maybe it's not lack WUs, but an issue with infrastructure/demand (pure speculation)?

Edit:  Further investigation on my end indicates that all of the "WUs are not available" errors, on my system, are for CPU slots, not GPU.

Makes sense.  I fold on spare CPU cores.  I have no qualified GPUs.

Have we gotten official word from @James, @CPotter or @jakkuh_t about an LTT official post?

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

4 minutes ago, marknd59 said:

Spec got hold of Jake a little while ago and Jake said he was too busy not sure what happened after that.

Okay well if he's too busy tell him to stop folding so he doesnt catch up to me gives him motivation to get on it!

image.png.0a9d734ee09032b0039c21387fdd4128.png

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

I know these points don't count toward the event, but it still feels nice :) On a side note I know this isn't an overclocker thread, and I'm not an very educated outside of what I've learned from watching LTT, but would something like throttle stop help beyond what I get from using afterburner and ryzen master pbo?

image.thumb.png.5f16264ba6ec161d2d35aaafec8a2b86.png

15 hours ago, homeofmew said:

Add ME IN
YES IM BACK! 
info Below

Welcome back!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

Have we gotten official word from @James, @CPotter or @jakkuh_t about an LTT official post?

No direct official word, he did say he'd sort a shout out, 'Closer to the time it starts' 

For those of you who follow me on twitter you may be aware that I'm been super busy, so sorry to everyone about that! Now I'm come up with a slight temp, cough and sore throat. I get multiple chest infections a year so I have my fingers crossed it's just that. (Never thought I'd be wishing for a chest infection before)

Anyway, thank you to everyone signing up so far, I will get a blog post written up either at some point in the night or tomorrow and I'll update the public sheet before I go to sleep tonight if I don't get a blog post out!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 hour ago, GOTSpectrum said:

No direct official word, he did say he'd sort a shout out, 'Closer to the time it starts' 

For those of you who follow me on twitter you may be aware that I'm been super busy, so sorry to everyone about that! Now I'm come up with a slight temp, cough and sore throat. I get multiple chest infections a year so I have my fingers crossed it's just that. (Never thought I'd be wishing for a chest infection before)

Anyway, thank you to everyone signing up so far, I will get a blog post written up either at some point in the night or tomorrow and I'll update the public sheet before I go to sleep tonight if I don't get a blog post out!

Get well soon!

I've updated the public sign up sheet, time to take some sleeping meds and see if I can get in with a doc tomorrow.

Blog post will come tomorrow! We got this!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

5 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I've updated the public sign up sheet, time to take some sleeping meds and see if I can get in with a doc tomorrow.

Blog post will come tomorrow! We got this!

Thank you!

Hope you feel better soon.

As #muricaparrotgang's founder, I invite you to join our ranks today.

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

(We actually welcome all forms of animated parrot gifs.)

The artist formerly known as Aelar_Nailo.

Profile Pic designed by the very lovely @Red :)!

@GOTSpectrum Are you still accepting donations?

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

8 hours ago, TRIP6FU said:

I know these points don't count toward the event, but it still feels nice :) On a side note I know this isn't an overclocker thread, and I'm not an very educated outside of what I've learned from watching LTT, but would something like throttle stop help beyond what I get from using afterburner and ryzen master pbo?

Not really sure what you are asking here, but if you are asking if it will throttle your PC? Yes, it probably will if you are folding on both CPU and GPU. 

Tho, you can game and GPU fold w/o any real loss of FPS on most of GPUs. CPU is a different story.

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

CPU i7-8700k (5.0GHz)  Motherboard Aorus Z370 Gaming 7  RAM Vengeance® RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz  GPU  Aorus 1080 Ti

Case Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA  Storage  Samsung Evo 970 1TB & WD Red Pro 10TB

PSU Corsair HX850i  Cooling Custom EKWB loop

Display Acer Predator x34 120Hz

20 hours ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

@GOTSpectrum Are you still accepting donations?

do you mean you want to donate a prize for the prize pool? if so, yes we do still accept those. :)

if you want to donate hardware tough keep in mind global shipping and the costs of doing so.

6 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

do you mean you want to donate a prize for the prize pool? if so, yes we do still accept those. :)

if you want to donate hardware tough keep in mind global shipping and the costs of doing so.

I own Serous Sam the First Encounter HD, and am (probably) getting the key from Alienware Arena. I was going to sell it for like 10$, but I remembered that this had some steam key prizes. :)

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

Blog post, it's not much but it's mine

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Lol, they were out of keys already.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

just had to beat up bender again hes always misbehaving when i turn my back...i love it when autologin gets broken due to upgrading from 1909 to 2004

My EOC F@H stats | My F@H Stats | My Real time F@H Production | My Boinc Stats

My team in point Generation order:

- Bender: Corsair CARBIDE 600C | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 2600 | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz Crucial CL22 4x8GB | Noctua NH-U14H | 1TB Toshiba SSD | EVGA XC3 Ultra 3070LHR 8GB Metal BackPlate | EVGA FTW 3070FHR 8GB Metal BackPlate | Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 1000 Gold SSR-1000FX | 55" Samsung 120Hz 3D TV

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Scooty-Puff: Alienware M15R5 | Win 11 Pro | AMD R7-5800H | 64GB DDR4-3200 | PC711 & WD SN750 SE 1TB | 3070M | 240 Watt ACadapter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Omicron_Persei_8: Dell G5 5511 | Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS | Intel i7-11800 | 32GB DDR4-3200 | 1x512GB BC711 & 2TB Intel 660p | 3060M | 240 Watt ACadapter

- Calculon (MainTower): Fractal Design Meshify S2 White | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 3900x | 32GB DDR4-3200 TridentZ RGB | Noctua NH-D15 | 1x SN750SE | AMD 5700XT XFX Rx-57XT8OFF6 | Gigabyte X570 WiFi Pro | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 750 Gold SSR-750FX | 2x Dell S3422DWG & Dell U2715H & Dell U2917W

- Leela:  Fractal Design Focus G Blue | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 2600 | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz | AMD Wraith cooler | Toshiba KSG60ZMV256G | EVGA 2060 KO | Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 650 Gold SSR-650-FX | 

Honorable Mentions:

- iZac (Server): Fractal Design Node 804 | Win 11 Pro | Ryzen 5700G | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz Crucial CL22 4x8GB | AMD Wraith Prism

5x1TB NVME | 2x2TB 7x4TB 1x 8TB SATA HDD | ASROCKRACK x470D4U | RM750i PSU | NO Monitor

- Nibbler: Framework 16 | Win 11 Pro | AMD R7 7840HS | 16" 2560x1600 | 64 GB RAM DDR5-5600 | 2TB WD SN770m & 2TB Seagate FireCuda 530 | AMD 780M  | 180Watt ACadapter

2023 Model 3 Ryzen APU | 2TB Samsung T7

Useful stuff i may mention

F@H Babysitter | F@H in the Dark | HFM Setup

*holds up cardboard sign*

Will Fold For Replacement E3D 12v 1.75mm Hotend Kit

I need to get my FDM back up so I can start work on my custom air ducting project.

Alienware Area 51m 2019:  RTX 2060 | i7-9700 | 32GB Corsair Vengeance (2x16GB) 2666 | 1TB 970 EVO | 240GB Corsair Force MP510.

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=812790

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/NZKshatriya/saved/

BACKUP SYSTEM:  ASUS Prime X470 PRO | Ryzen 5 1600 | G.skill FORTIS 16GB(2x8GB) 2400 | SanDisk SDSSDA 120GB | EVGA SuperNOVA GA 850 | HAF-XB-EVO

OK everyone just to clear things up a bit, the notes on the signup sheet about claiming a badge is not some kind of error eveything will be just fine if you don't claim a badge. I am just putting those notes on because not everyone knows how the badge system works and what badges they can get. The only things on the signup sheet you have to worry about is anything colored red, they are real problems that need to be fixed. Also the scripts used to to get points data is case sensitive so please double check your folding name is using the rigth case, I have been correcting any that I have noticed but I can't guarantee to catch all of them.

Edited -- I've changed the note to "You qualify for a" hopfully this will be less confusing.

49 minutes ago, _Rlocke said:

Coming back in for another round. 

I have a bunch of systems to throw at it this time.

WOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Hey, I just looked at the spreadsheet and next to my line is written that I should claim my badge ? What does that mean and how do I do it ?