Is this person trying to scam me

Doug H.

I’m selling an old pc with an i3 2120 and Radeon  7770 and he offered five hundred which is way more than I asked for. But he wants me to send info which I have shown in the message. Is he legit? Cause if he is I’ll do that in a heartbeat.

9DDC6AA0-A980-44F8-9A4D-E0B0038785CE.png

1 minute ago, Doug H. said:

I’m selling an old pc with an i3 2120 and Radeon  7770 and he offered five hundred which is way more than I asked for. But he wants me to send info which I have shown in the message. Is he legit? Cause if he is I’ll do that in a heartbeat.

So someone sees your eBay listing, offers a lot more than you asked for and now wants to handle the transaction not on eBay?

That's definitely scam material.

If they want the item, just tell them to make an offer/buy it now on eBay, as that way you have the buyer/seller protection.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Yes. You can usually protect yourself against these buyers via Seller Account > Site Preferences > Buyer Requirements, blocking buyers with the following conditions:

• Have received 2 Unpaid Item strike(s) within 12 Month(s)
  • Have a primary shipping address in a location I don't ship to
  • Have a feedback score of -1 or lower

You'll likely receive an email similar to the one below if you provide the request information to that buyer:

59cbecc98eabb_eBayConfirmation.thumb.PNG.e1e0e1bf9922fd14108db0d96559a987.PNG

Make sure to quote me or use @PorkishPig to notify me that you replied!

Desktop

CPU - Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler - Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570-PLUS RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 32GB Case - Meshify C

GPU - RTX 3080 FE PSU - Straight Power 11 850W Platinum Storage - 980 PRO 1TB, 960 EVO 500GB, S31 1TB, MX500 500GB | OS - Windows 11 Pro

Homelab

CPU - Core i5-11400 | Cooler - Noctua NH-U12S | Motherboard - ASRock Z590M-ITX RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 32GB (2x16)  | Case - Node 304

PSU - EVGA B3 650W | Storage - 860 EVO 256GB, Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB, WD Red 4TB (x6 in RAIDZ1 w/ LSI 9207-8i) | OS - TrueNAS Scale (Debian)

This same exact thing is uber common whenever i've sold anything off of craiglist. Usually some huge run around with phone numbers that never match actually shipping locations plus way over exaggerated payments for something. Big scam.

SPEC LIST:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600x w/ AMD Wraith Stock Cooler

MOTHERBOARD: Asus ROG Strix B-450F

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 32gb 3200mhz (2x16gb)

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080 Super FE

PSU: Corsair 750x 80plus Gold 

FANS: Dual Corsair LL Series LL140mm Dual Light Loop RGB

MONITORS: BenQ ZOWIE XL2411P 24 Inch FHD LED 144Hz (DP)
Lenovo - G25-10 24.5" LED FHD 144HZ Monitor (HDMI)

PATIENCE: NOT CURRENTLY INSTALLED

P.S: STILL REALLY WANTING TO FIND SOMEONE WHO CAN CARRY ME TO GRAND CHAMPION IN ROCKET LEAGUE :)

P.P.S: I NO LONGER NEED TO BE CARRIED TO GRAND CHAMPION AS I HAVE MADE IT ON MY OWN 😁