A video of a the Realme 7 has leaked

Sandro Linux

Summary

A video of a the realme 7 has leaked and is set launch on September 3rd. From the specs on the back of the box it appears to have a Helio G95 gaming processor 90Hz Display and a 5000mAh battery which can be charged via its 30W Dart Charger. 

Quotes

When booted up, the About Phone page shows the device has 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage. It also runs Android 10 out of the box. Alongside the 64MP primary camera, there is an 8MP ultrawide angle camera, a 2MP Black and White sensor and a 2MP depth sensor. The video also shows the Realme 7 has a triple card slot so you can use two SIM cards and a MicroSD card at the same time.

My thoughts

This phone will mean Realme and their parent BBK electronics will have a even larger foothold on the phone market than they already have and will mean there will be more competition which is always good   

Sources

https://www.gizmochina.com/2020/08/30/unboxing-video-confirms-design-and-specifications-of-the-realme-7/

My Laptop: A MacBook Air 

My Desktop: Don’t have one 

My Phone: An Honor 8s (although I don’t recommend it)

My Favourite OS: Linux

My Console: A Regular PS4

My Tablet: A Huawei Mediapad m5 

Spoiler

Im so glad MediaTek is back in the game, im so sick of QualcomSnapdragun domination and expensive phones that use it, its hard to find a good phone that games or decent specs for everyday heavy use without breaking the bank, so mediatek's  + xiaomi/ realme phones are perfect for this segment where i buy phones. The fact they start using 90-120hz displays on phones <400$ amazes me, in contrast you cant find a single laptop ~500$ that can play games and has 90-120hz display you look at 800$-1000$++ so phones are becoming much better than laptops.

Rocking  a Helio 85 here (note 8 pro).

So far so good, smooth as a butter, everything worked.

Battery can be 1 full busy day, on low day i only charge every 2 days.

But xiaomi change it back to snapdragon in note 9, i wonder why?

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

13 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

Rocking  a Helio 85 here (note 8 pro).

So far so good, smooth as a butter, everything worked.

Battery can be 1 full busy day, on low day i only charge every 2 days.

But xiaomi change it back to snapdragon in note 9, i wonder why?

Ok cool

Spoiler

18 minutes ago, yian88 said:

Im so glad MediaTek is back in the game, im so sick of QualcomSnapdragun domination and expensive phones that use it, its hard to find a good phone that games or decent specs for everyday heavy use without breaking the bank, so mediatek's  + xiaomi/ realme phones are perfect for this segment where i buy phones. The fact they start using 90-120hz displays on phones <400$ amazes me, in contrast you cant find a single laptop ~500$ that can play games and has 90-120hz display you look at 800$-1000$++ so phones are becoming much better than laptops.

It is good to see MediaTek making a come back with SOCs that can rival that Qualcomm

Spoiler

Realme is a bit weird with how they churn out phones at even more absurd rate than Samsung does. But they make some really good bang for the buck phones. It's also nice they are sporting Mediatek chipsets. The Helio G series are actually not that bad and latest Dimensity 1000+ are actually Snapdragon 855+/865 level of performance which is actually really nice. Especially at up to 500€ price points...

Stupid observation:

Spoiler

I think that was Korean but I could be wrong.  I don’t know how the various letter annotations work but if they are stripped off the phrase “mo hop” appears repetitively which went along well with the bouncing rabbit logo 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

21 minutes ago, strajk- said:

I see punch hole or notch, I close.

Give me popup, behind screen or nothing.

Thank you.

I do wish more manufacturers would make phones with no selfie cameras and it be all screen

Spoiler

59 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

Realme is a bit weird with how they churn out phones at even more absurd rate than Samsung does. But they make some really good bang for the buck phones. It's also nice they are sporting Mediatek chipsets. The Helio G series are actually not that bad and latest Dimensity 1000+ are actually Snapdragon 855+/865 level of performance which is actually really nice. Especially at up to 500€ price points...

I guess their thinking is if you make lots of phones there will be a phone suited to everyone

Spoiler

No Snapdragon/Public drivers = dead

R9 5900X, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240, Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE V2, 2x16GB Kingston FuryX 3800MHZ CL18 Hynix DJR "Tuned" , Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC, Windows 11

5 hours ago, Sandro Linux said:

I guess their thinking is if you make lots of phones there will be a phone suited to everyone

Which is what I don't get. Have people come to a point they can't decide anymore what to buy if it's not within their budget down to 1€ or what? I remember times where you decided to buy a phone for 300€ and there was just one for 280€ and another for 350€. Then you evaluated if getting a better one for 50€ more makes sense to you. And if it did, you bought that one, paid 50€ more and that was it, you had a better phone for some more money. If you didn't care, you got the 280€ one and saved 20 European shillings. Now they have to fragment models into such absurd levels we have 8 price brackets with 5 models in each. Every year or even more often with Realme which is spawning new phones faster than rabbits do little bunnies. Absolutely absurd. I don't know how this makes it easier to pick a phone... And it's not just phones. Graphic cards, blenders, shavers, everything with billion unnecessary models to fit the needs of every indecisive idiot who can't decide outside of their exact budget. I just don't get it.

19 hours ago, RejZoR said:

Which is what I don't get. Have people come to a point they can't decide anymore what to buy if it's not within their budget down to 1€ or what? I remember times where you decided to buy a phone for 300€ and there was just one for 280€ and another for 350€. Then you evaluated if getting a better one for 50€ more makes sense to you. And if it did, you bought that one, paid 50€ more and that was it, you had a better phone for some more money. If you didn't care, you got the 280€ one and saved 20 European shillings. Now they have to fragment models into such absurd levels we have 8 price brackets with 5 models in each. Every year or even more often with Realme which is spawning new phones faster than rabbits do little bunnies. Absolutely absurd. I don't know how this makes it easier to pick a phone... And it's not just phones. Graphic cards, blenders, shavers, everything with billion unnecessary models to fit the needs of every indecisive idiot who can't decide outside of their exact budget. I just don't get it.

It's because people have different wishes for what they want their stuff to do. When I bought my OnePlus 7 Pro, sure, there were more phones out there at the same price point, but not many that had a popup camera. Also not many that had some other features I was looking for. Other people will have different desires from a phone than I do, so for them a different phone is fitting.

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

19 hours ago, RejZoR said:

What if people don’t want to blow big money on a phone or can’t because they don’t have enough money

Spoiler

I strongly suspect market research was done.  Nokia has been around for a long time. They think they have a market.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 hours ago, Sandro Linux said:

What if people don’t want to blow big money on a phone or can’t because they don’t have enough money

So you take the 280€ model. Problem solved. Or the one for 120€ which they also offer... There is absolutel yno need to have 8 models in between that one for 350€ and the one for 120€...

On 8/30/2020 at 8:39 AM, KnoT said:

No Snapdragon/Public drivers = dead

I don’t know about snapdragon, public drivers though maybe.

Most (basically everyone) people don't care about custom ROM's or public drivers.

4 hours ago, RejZoR said:

So you take the 280€ model. Problem solved. Or the one for 120€ which they also offer... There is absolutel yno need to have 8 models in between that one for 350€ and the one for 120€...

I just gave you a reason, but you clearly chose to ignore it. :)

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

2 minutes ago, TomvanWijnen said:

I just gave you a reason, but you clearly chose to ignore it. :)

You gave me a reason to have 47 phone models filling ever 10€ price bracket. And you wonder why I call that argument a BS.

49 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

You gave me a reason to have 47 phone models filling ever 10€ price bracket. And you wonder why I call that argument a BS.

I do wonder that indeed.

7 hours ago, RejZoR said:

More to the point, there is no reason to have ANY model but the flagship model. Next year? cut the price on the flagship model and keep selling it. Two years later, cut the price on the previous two models, with the now two-year-old flagship device being only 10% above BOM. Presumably the BOM goes down with time. As long as there is no change in technical requirements of the wireless tech, you can keep selling just three models and discontinuing the 3 year old model when no more can be built, or they would no longer meet the requirements of the network. 

There's no need for 7 different configurations when at best, the only difference between models tends to be storage, screen size and color. Solving the color is easy, Nokia has long had that solved. Likewise solving the storage is easy as well, make a sealed micro-SD card connector the same as the SIM card. The battery is the one that needs to be made removable and replaceable.

Video removed, got a new mirror?

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

4 minutes ago, williamcll said:

Video removed, got a new mirror?

No, sorry

Spoiler