Where do you get tech news?

kewtz

I know about the bigger “mainstream” outlets like Tweaktown, obviously LTT...

Where are you finding the news about anticipated new tech coming out, specifically CPU/GPU.

Just looking to increase my Feedly reading list.

Potato Revamp

CPU: AMD 5900x || GPU: nVidia RTX 3080 || RAM: 32gb Trident Z Neo CL16 || Case: Fractal Torrent Compact || CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 || PSU: Corsair RM850 Gold || Storage: ADATA SX8200 Pro (1TB), 2x Samsung Evo 870 (2TB)

5 minutes ago, kewtz said:

Where are you finding the news about anticipated new tech coming out, specifically CPU/GPU.

GamersNexus

6 minutes ago, kewtz said:

I usually just search something along the lines of "release date of X product" or "estimated pricing of X product" and get multiple sites, I think "Tom's Hardware", "Tech Radar" and "pcgamer" are the ones I come across more often 

EDIT: If you want to stay on YT GamersNexus is a good option, WAN show and Awesome Hardware are good if you're into livestreams

anandtech.com 

I have only been there a couple of times myself but people talk about it like it is a good tech reading website.

All the GPU, CPU stuff and more.

I'm not sure but I think it has even been mentioned in an LTT video.

Lately I mostly have been watching videos (LTT videos more then any others lol) on youtube.

52 minutes ago, kewtz said:

Theres this guy idk if u would have heard of him he is a semi decent yt channel his name is Linus Tech Tips

15 minutes ago, eclispse said:

Theres this guy idk if u would have heard of him he is a semi decent yt channel his name is Linus Tech Tips

Yeah I did say LTT. 

Potato Revamp

CPU: AMD 5900x || GPU: nVidia RTX 3080 || RAM: 32gb Trident Z Neo CL16 || Case: Fractal Torrent Compact || CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 || PSU: Corsair RM850 Gold || Storage: ADATA SX8200 Pro (1TB), 2x Samsung Evo 870 (2TB)

3 hours ago, kewtz said:

I just have an open feed to most news outlets. Also I keep an eye each of the major tech corps due my having stock options.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Hello,

I use two different streams for collecting all the latest tech news: one is obviously forums and I feel 95% of all the latest, updated tech news are available there; the second is I run open feed news update in order to stay updated.

Cheers!

For me, TechLinked. Also Reuters, ars technica, anandtech, this forum

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

Used to be ArsTechnica for a lot of it, and SlashDot back when they were good.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

I thought there were other sources too besides some I've already seen mentioned?  Like what were the Asian based ones... Chiphell or Digitimes or an online forum I can't read without a translator ... (I'm getting the name confused in my mind with Alibaba but I know that's not it - I think it may have a "g" in the web address and be ~8-11 characters long but I'm not sure.)  As for youtube, AdoredTV and Moore's Law Is Dead are a couple others I watch.

Oh, and another couple sites I go on are 209.58.135.68 and 104.27.189.66, the former of which I visit often enough so it shows on my phone's Chrome home page as one of the top 8 sites I visit. (LTT forum has pretty much had a lock on #1 for at least several months, maybe a couple years.)

I see some things there, sometimes months before they're on the more mainstream sites or even the manufacturers sites.

Oh and what about the sources (like some twitter users, etc) for the above sites?