Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Phoned_

How did you get into LMG

1 hour ago, minibois said:

If I remember correctly, Ivan was only at LTT temporarily, as NCIX shut down.

we'll never know for sure, LMG seemed to not want to disclose it, which is fair

Spoiler

image.png.f620eb1bb017b7c8acdc9bd1be02486e.png

I was always into tech since I was a kid (like... 4 y/o-ish) because my parents were both in the IT field and would tell me stories about microchips and such. But I knew nothing about PCs.

It was late 2011/ early 2012 when I started watching LTT, not sure which video is the first one but I went and watch a lot of techquickie and LTT videos to learn more about computer.

Joined the forum in January 2016 (account created a year before but didnt post anything), it was to ask about an issue I was having with the first desktop I built.

Since then I was active on the forum, learning things and helping people (although I was so bad at the beginning that people said I was shitposting)

I learnt a lot about everything while reading and replying. Then I stopped 3-4 months later, either due to lost of interest, or college was resuming. I racked up 8000 posts and just dipped. (Think I even became a meme for having a post on almost every thread.)

Between then and July 2020, I only occasionally pop in to ask questions. Then I resumed being active and started shitposting again. I'm here mainly to help people, since I know the feeling of having an issue and no one being able to help you.

probably anxiety/low self-esteem:

Spoiler

lowkey thinks people in LTT hated me back in 2016 because they said I was shitposting when I was trying to help. (probably joking, to be fair)

even today I still think some users on LTT hate me

they probably don't, but I have low self confidence and like to overthink things

regarding PSU elitist:

Spoiler

I also never liked the PSU elitist side of the forum, think they overblown the whole "bad psu" issue

but while they may be harsh, it's in good intentions, and they've done a good work with the list that helped countless people.

I'll just never personally recommend or even comment on PSU related things to not invoke another PTSD (yes I still remember small things like that after many years, because, again, I have low self confidence and remarks like that really stings)

to anyone who thinks I'm hating them, I don't hate anyone on this forum. yet

Things I need help with: *new* What can Facebook do to me? Privacy Inquiries

Spoiler

I hate Intel's pricing, Ryzen's weird quirks, Nvidia's pricing, and Radeon GPUs in general

Spoiler

Products I like:

Spoiler

Sony Xperia Z1 / Z2 / 10 ii, Asus Strix 970 / 1070, Samsung SSD, WD HDD, Corsair PSUs (AX, RM, CX(grey)), GeForce GPU, NZXT N450/S340, be quiet! Coolers, G.Skill Trident RAM, Logitech M525, Logitech G440, Razer Deathadder Elite

Products I hate:

Spoiler

Xperia Z3, XiaoMi 5c, Radeon GPUs, Razer Audio Products, any bloatwares

Companies I absolutely adore: (and hope it stays that way)

Spoiler

be quiet! - sent me AM4 mounting for my DRP3 even though it's way past the timeframe stated, no questions asked

Corsair - very good RMA experience, absolutely recommend

Companies I hate:

Spoiler

Nvidia, Intel, Apple, TMT (Thundermatch, a retailer)

Personal Blacklisted Companies:

Spoiler

Acer monitors, Gigabyte, Seagate HDD, Kingston SSD, Razer (except their mouse), XiaoMi Phones

Remember, just because I had good/bad experiences with these companies/product, doesn't mean you will have similar experiences too. I would still recommend these products if they made sense for your needs, but I'll add a disclaimer of my experience if it's relevant. Feel free to DM me asking why they are where they are.

On 8/29/2020 at 6:35 PM, zeusthemoose said:

Ivan? He is sitting next to Linus in this video.

20 hours ago, CircleTech said:

What did ever happen to Ivan? I know he left LMG a few years ago, but to do what?

Ivan is and forever will be known as "Crazy Russian" in my mind, from the handcam LTT videos in the NCIX office days.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB, 3200MHz 14-14-14-34 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13" (i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe)

Peripherals: Ducky Shine 7 (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Plus | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Displays: Alienware AW2521HF & BenQ BL2420PT

How did I get into LMG?

Well, that was the easy bit. A loose roof panel. I've been sleeping in their duct-work for about a week now and my wifi speeds have never been better.

The real question is - how am I going to get out of LMG.

disregard women, fold proteins.

systems:

Spoiler

Main (in rebuild - specs when finished) - Zenith.
R9 3900x 4.25GHz All-Core // X570 Aorus Ultra // 32GB 3200MHz // eVGA 3090FTW 2080Ti Lightning Z

Folding Station - HAL@HOME. (Temporarily out of use)

i7-4790k 4.8GHz // Z97X-UD5H // 32GB 2133MHz DomPlats // 2080Ti Lightning Z 1070Ti FTW2 (on test)

TV / LAN machine - Demeter.

R5 3600 4.25GHz All-Core // B450i Aorus Pro Wifi // 16GB 3200MHz // Vega64 Silver (Air)

Running Parts Bin - Scrappy.

i5-4690k 4.8GHz // Z97 PRO GAMER // 16GB 2133MHz // R9 295x2(240 rad mod)

Laptop 1 - Valkyrie.

i7-8750H // Asus FX705GM // 32GB 2400MHz // 1060 6GB

Spoiler

Partner's Bastard Box - Sundae.

i5-4460 // Gigabyte H97N-WiFi // 16GB 1600MHz // 1080Ti FE

14 hours ago, Moonzy said:

we'll never know for sure, LMG seemed to not want to disclose it, which is fair

Hide contents

image.png.f620eb1bb017b7c8acdc9bd1be02486e.png

Yea I know that is the current official answer, I just remembered in the past they had mentioned his position was temporary. It wasn't something I made up, just something I remember, but sadly don't remember wherefrom (there is some many hundreds of hours of LTT content, so pretty hard to find that one specific mention :()

But I'll stop the speculation on it now, before I pry too much into personal information.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

Sorry if my post seemed rude, that is never my intention.

"Why do we suffer a lifetime for a moment of happiness?" - Anonymous

Slowly, I nibbled on his ear and told him to drop them faster and harder than he does review samples.   Then I looked him in the eyes and said, "I'm entering LMG."  He took it harder than Dennis's body pillow.  The end?  Not for him...this isn't a tech quickie...

Bloodshed and the Fenris-Wolf:

| CPU:  Ryzen 9 3900x | CPU Cooler:  EKWB EK-AIO 360 D-RGB | Paste:  Kryonaut | Motherboard:  ASUS ROG x570 Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RAM:  G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 | Boot Drive:  Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME | Storage Drives:  Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2-2280+Western Digital WD Blue 2 TB 2.5"+Toshiba N300 8 TB 3.5" 7200RPM+Toshiba X300 4 TB 3.5" | GPU:  ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2080 Ti AMP Extreme Core | Case:  Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG Certified (Black) with Corsair SP140 49.49 CFM 140 mm Fans 2-Pack+4x Cooler Master SickleFlow 120 V2 Reds added | PSU:  EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply w/CableMod E-Series Cable Kit (Black/Red) | Case Fans:  2 Corsair SP140 49.49 CFM 140 mm Fans | Displays:  BenQ PD2700U 27.0" 3840x2160 60 Hz+Asus TUF Gaming VG27AQ 27.0" 2560x1440 165 Hz+MSI Optix MAG322CR 31.5" 1920x1080 180 Hz | Mouse:  Corsair M65 RGB ELITE | Keyboard:  Ducky Shine 7 Blackout - MK Exclusive First Release - RGB LED Double Shot PBT Mechanical Keyboard with Silent Red Switches | Mousepad:  Gaya Entertainment Oversized Gaming Mousepad Doom | Audio:  AKG K712 PRO Headphones+Audio-Technica ATR2500-USB Cardioid Condenser USB Microphone+Kingston HyperX Cloud II 7.1 Channel Headset+iBasso IT01 Dynamic Driver Audiophile In-Ear Monitors/Earbuds (Black)+Pair of Mackie MR624s(came with stands+isolation pads) | OS:  Windows 10 Pro |

Bifröst(ROG Zephyrus M GU502):

| CPU:  i7-9750h | RAM:  32GB Dual Channel 2666mhz CL 19(Stock+Samsung 16GB DDR4 PC4-21300, 2666MHZ, 260 PIN SODIMM, 1.2V, CL 19 ) | Storage:  1TB SSD with Optane | GPU:  Nvidia RTX 2060 | Display:  144hz 3ms | Mouse:  Corsair M65 Pro |

Posted · Original PosterOP
17 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

Slowly, I nibbled on his ear and told him to drop them faster and harder than he does review samples.   Then I looked him in the eyes and said, "I'm entering LMG."  He took it harder than Dennis's body pillow.  The end?  Not for him...this isn't a tech quickie...

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  • Motheboard
    MSI - MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI (Socket AM4) USB-C Gen2 AMD Motherboard
  • RAM
    CORSAIR - Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB (2PK 16GB) 3.2GHz PC4-25600 DDR4 DIMM Unbuffered Non-ECC Desktop Memory Kit with RGB Lighting - Black
  • GPU
    MSI - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card - Black/Gray
  • Case
    CORSAIR - iCUE 220T RGB Airflow ATX Mid-Tower Smart Case - Black
  • Storage
    WD - Blue 500GB Internal SATA Solid State Drive Seagate - Barracuda 2TB Internal SATA Hard Drive for Desktops
  • PSU
    CORSAIR - RMx Series 850W ATX12V 2.4/EPS12V 2.92 80 Plus Gold Modular Power Supply - Black
  • Display
    Samsung - Odyssey CRG5 series 24” LED Curved FHD FreeSync monitor - Black
  • Keyboard
    Razer Cynosa Chroma
  • Mouse
    Razer Mamba Elite
  • OS
    Windows 10 Home
2 hours ago, Phoned_ said:

What?  He took my tech tip, and that's how I got into LMG.

See the source image

Bloodshed and the Fenris-Wolf:

| CPU:  Ryzen 9 3900x | CPU Cooler:  EKWB EK-AIO 360 D-RGB | Paste:  Kryonaut | Motherboard:  ASUS ROG x570 Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RAM:  G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 | Boot Drive:  Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME | Storage Drives:  Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2-2280+Western Digital WD Blue 2 TB 2.5"+Toshiba N300 8 TB 3.5" 7200RPM+Toshiba X300 4 TB 3.5" | GPU:  ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2080 Ti AMP Extreme Core | Case:  Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG Certified (Black) with Corsair SP140 49.49 CFM 140 mm Fans 2-Pack+4x Cooler Master SickleFlow 120 V2 Reds added | PSU:  EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply w/CableMod E-Series Cable Kit (Black/Red) | Case Fans:  2 Corsair SP140 49.49 CFM 140 mm Fans | Displays:  BenQ PD2700U 27.0" 3840x2160 60 Hz+Asus TUF Gaming VG27AQ 27.0" 2560x1440 165 Hz+MSI Optix MAG322CR 31.5" 1920x1080 180 Hz | Mouse:  Corsair M65 RGB ELITE | Keyboard:  Ducky Shine 7 Blackout - MK Exclusive First Release - RGB LED Double Shot PBT Mechanical Keyboard with Silent Red Switches | Mousepad:  Gaya Entertainment Oversized Gaming Mousepad Doom | Audio:  AKG K712 PRO Headphones+Audio-Technica ATR2500-USB Cardioid Condenser USB Microphone+Kingston HyperX Cloud II 7.1 Channel Headset+iBasso IT01 Dynamic Driver Audiophile In-Ear Monitors/Earbuds (Black)+Pair of Mackie MR624s(came with stands+isolation pads) | OS:  Windows 10 Pro |

Bifröst(ROG Zephyrus M GU502):

| CPU:  i7-9750h | RAM:  32GB Dual Channel 2666mhz CL 19(Stock+Samsung 16GB DDR4 PC4-21300, 2666MHZ, 260 PIN SODIMM, 1.2V, CL 19 ) | Storage:  1TB SSD with Optane | GPU:  Nvidia RTX 2060 | Display:  144hz 3ms | Mouse:  Corsair M65 Pro |

4 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

What?  He took my tech tip, and that's how I got into LMG.

See the source image

big pp more like big tt

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  • Motheboard
  • RAM
    CORSAIR - Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB (2PK 16GB) 3.2GHz PC4-25600 DDR4 DIMM Unbuffered Non-ECC Desktop Memory Kit with RGB Lighting - Black
  • GPU
    MSI - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card - Black/Gray
  • Case
  • Storage
    WD - Blue 500GB Internal SATA Solid State Drive Seagate - Barracuda 2TB Internal SATA Hard Drive for Desktops
  • PSU
    CORSAIR - RMx Series 850W ATX12V 2.4/EPS12V 2.92 80 Plus Gold Modular Power Supply - Black
  • Display
  • Keyboard
    Razer Cynosa Chroma
  • Mouse
    Razer Mamba Elite
  • OS
    Windows 10 Home
On 8/28/2020 at 7:07 PM, Phoned_ said:

who/what introduced you to ltt and lmg as a whole

I go back... a long time. Really long time. Can't recall which video was the first one I watched (as YouTube play history doesn't go back that far) but I did end up buying a Patriot Box Office media player (thanks to aasoror for all the custom firmware), Panasonic Eneloop battery set, and a couple Picquic screwdrivers.

Desktop: KRySTaLoGi-PC Build Log (i7-4790K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Bell - Unlimited Calling & Texting + 10GB Data
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | HP Touchpad | ASUS ME302C
Camera: Canon SX280 + Rebel T1i (500D) | Sony HDR-AS50R | Panasonic DMC-TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

On 8/29/2020 at 7:37 AM, Phoned_ said:

who/what introduced you to ltt and lmg as a whole

The Almighty

The one and only,

the messiah

the saviour

of

all

the 

people

.who

watch Youtube

The YouTube Algorithm

I started watching ltt videos like 6 years ago. I watched it in secret cause that was old LTT where there were more dick jokes then than lttstore.com plugs now.

Speaking of secrets, if you want to keep your lttstore.com browsing safe check out tunnel-bear VPN.

Quote or at me @Smit Devrukhkar for me to see your replies.

Laptop :

Legion y520

i5 7300hq

1050 4gb oc

16gb ram

256 gb ssd

2tb hdd

Server:

Xeon E3 1245

16gb ram

256 gb ssd

2*2tb hdd

53 minutes ago, NineEyeRon said:

I was searching for videos about toy firetrucks

you should see their top / popular uploads.......It is still in 3rd or something like that.....

want to install chrome os? here's how.

"If elevators hadn't been invented, all the CEOs and important people would have their offices on the first floor as a sign of status...........

....And the entry level employees would be up on the 80th floor."

It was a techquickie about cpu sockets. Started watching some of the other techquickies then found the ltt channel. First video I saw was the whole room water cooling project. 

I really only started watching tech youtubers in about mid 2017, and had occasionally seen an ltt video in my recommended but never clicked. I found out later that techquickie was produced by the same team as ltt, a channel that I had watched on and off since about 2015.

I think this was the first one I watched.

It was just recommended to me so I just started watching it and found it interesting so I subscribed and after a couple of years decided to join the forum

My Laptop: A MacBook Air 

My Desktop: Don’t have one 

My Phone: An Honor 8s (although I don’t recommend it)

My Favourite OS: Linux

My Console: A Regular PS4

My Tablet: A Huawei Mediapad m5 

Spoiler

On 9/1/2020 at 1:30 AM, Phoned_ said:

big pp more like big tt

Big Tech Tip Goth GF

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  • Motheboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display
  • Keyboard
    Razer Cynosa Chroma
  • Mouse
    Razer Mamba Elite
  • OS
    Windows 10 Home

Doing research into building a pc for a friend back in 2015, at the time I was very clueless (Brother did most of the work for my build)

Pizza is the best food group

i didn't say how i got into lmg. A couple of months ago i was looking at PCbuilding videos since i loved computers my whole life. Then after watching linus for a couple of weeks, my dad surprised me by taking me to best buy to get parts for a PC! we watched linus' videos through the whole experience

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  • Motheboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display
  • Keyboard
    Razer Cynosa Chroma
  • Mouse
    Razer Mamba Elite
  • OS
    Windows 10 Home