Which is the most common source from where you enjoy multichannel (surround sound) audio ?

james_bond

I have recently cancelled my Digital Cable & at the moment I am streaming everything from news to music videos.

The 2 news channels that I watch offer live streams on Youtube & the music channel too has a dedicated website

offering live streaming.

All of the above offer only 2 channel (stereo).

Presently I don't have a 5.1 speaker setup. I am planning to buy one but the one question that comes to mind regarding

multichannel audio is the *SOURCE*.

If I don't manage to find a multichannel source it will be a total waste of money.

Which is the most common source from where you enjoy multichannel (surround sound) audio ?

Using only Linux since 2007. Not a single MS Windows or Mac client at home.

All the streaming services like Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+ etc. support surround sound formats to different degrees, but all to some degree.

On Netflix you will even get Dolby Atmos audio if your speakers support that.

Also consoles and PCs will work with surround audio formats.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

6 hours ago, Stahlmann98 said:

All the streaming services like Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+ etc. support surround sound formats to different degrees, but all to some degree.

*Only on TV or other dedicated apps. PC browsers and YT don't have surround. I feel like at least up until recently Hulu also didn't have surround, if it indeed does now.

But otherwise, yeah games and movies are the only reliable source of surround, and a bunch of movies use it so poorly/minimally it may as well be stereo.

#Muricaparrotgang

From my movie collection and of course games. I don't stream so I cannot comment on multi channel support on PC for streaming services.

There is no replacement for RGB except more RGB ?