''The Sprint-T-Mobile merger has been put on ice''

TopWargamer

http://bgr.com/2014/03/05/sprint-t-mobile-merger-news-2/

It figures: Just when we were starting to see one good reason for Sprint to acquire T-Mobile, the whole transaction has been put on ice. Bloomberg News reports that Deutsche Telekom CEO Timotheus Höttges doesn’t see any sale of T-Mobile to Sprint happening anytime soon, which seems to indicate that Sprint and DT have been unsuccessful in their efforts to win over U.S. regulators. This news comes just as Sprint chairman Masayoshi Son had started to go on a public relations charm offensive aimed at winning over a skeptical public about the potential benefits of a merger between the two carriers. If the two companies decide to put the merger on hold, it will be interesting to see whether Sprint adopts some of the more aggressive tactics that have helped T-Mobile win over lots of customers for the past few quarters.

Oh thank God. T-Mobile would have gone down hill fast if they were acquired by Sprint. Sprint would have easily reversed all of the good that T-Mobile has done. Either way, I'm glad that, for now, T-Mobile will stay T-Mobile. As a side note, I've been trying out TMo for the past week or so now (use to be on Verizon). Their coverage in my city is excellent and their speeds are superb.

COMIC SANS

This reminds me of the Time warner cable and comcast thing, why couldn't they have also been put on hold!?

Diamond 5 in League :)

Isn't there supposed to be regulations that prevent monopolies like this? In my area the only good service is T-Mobile. Both sprint and AT&T are way to expensive, it doesn't seem fair to the consumer that we have to pay more because bigger companies are buying out all the better options.

This reminds me of the Time warner cable and comcast thing, why couldn't they have also been put on hold!?

my thoughts exactaly

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

http://bgr.com/2014/03/05/sprint-t-mobile-merger-news-2/

Oh thank God. T-Mobile would have gone down hill fast if they were acquired by Sprint. Sprint would have easily reversed all of the good that T-Mobile has done. Either way, I'm glad that, for now, T-Mobile will stay T-Mobile. As a side note, I've been trying out TMo for the past week or so now (use to be on Verizon). Their coverage in my city is excellent and their speeds are superb.

What speeds are you getting?

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

my thoughts exactaly

Comcast has shit ton of money to lobby and enough influence to get this deal through. So we are pretty much destined to be fucked.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

What speeds are you getting?

Where I live, it switches between 1-2 bars of LTE to 2-3 bars of HSPA+. I don't mind it, because I'm connected to WiFi anyways. Anyways, the speeds I get at my house are ~5 down, ~3 up.

In areas with 3-4 bars of LTE, I'll get ~30 down, ~10 up. 

In areas with a full 4 or 5 bars, I can get anywhere from ~40 - ~50 down, ~20 up. 

Coverage has been excellent and I haven't dropped service once, and I've gone all around Tampa with TMo. Keep in mind though, this is for my city. Your mileage may vary. 

COMIC SANS

Isn't there supposed to be regulations that prevent monopolies like this? In my area the only good service is T-Mobile. Both sprint and AT&T are way to expensive, it doesn't seem fair to the consumer that we have to pay more because bigger companies are buying out all the better options.

Technically it's not a monopoly unless there's only 1 option nationwide. Hence there being tons of local monopolies. A great example is Comcast/Time Warner. 

COMIC SANS

Where I live, it switches between 1-2 bars of LTE to 2-3 bars of HSPA+. I don't mind it, because I'm connected to WiFi anyways. Anyways, the speeds I get at my house are ~5 down, ~3 up.

In areas with 3-4 bars of LTE, I'll get ~30 down, ~10 up. 

In areas with a full 4 or 5 bars, I can get anywhere from ~40 - ~50 down, ~20 up. 

Coverage has been excellent and I haven't dropped service once, and I've gone all around Tampa with TMo. Keep in mind though, this is for my city. Your mileage may vary. 

Verizon was worse than that?

Verizon was worse than that?

No. Verizon was better in every way possible.

I'm trying out T-Mobile because I don't really like Verizon (in terms of pricing and how they do their business). Plus my mom also wants to switch carriers because Verizon is getting too costly (she's paying ~$200 a month for 3 people, and that's WITH  a 20% discount). Suffice to say that T-Mobile will be MUCH less than that.

Verizon may be better in every way possible, but I am very very happy with TMo so far. Their speeds are about on par with Verizon's and their coverage is great in my area. 

COMIC SANS

No. Verizon was better in every way possible.

I'm trying out T-Mobile because I don't really like Verizon (in terms of pricing and how they do their business). Plus my mom also wants to switch carriers because Verizon is getting too costly (she's paying ~$200 a month for 3 people, and that's WITH  a 20% discount). Suffice to say that T-Mobile will be MUCH less than that.

Verizon may be better in every way possible, but I am very very happy with TMo so far. Their speeds are about on par with Verizon's and their coverage is great in my area. 

YAY! tmo buddies LOL!

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

why is every cellular company going after T...Mobile in America wtf 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since.