Evga P55 Le Motherboard Won't Stop Having Issues...

Luckris
Go to solution Solved by ryan9298b2,

That is a very cool build!  Try taking the fan covering the pci slots out and putting the card in the 6th slot from the top.  Power off the computer and unplug the power supply before moving expansion cards, or anything else that directly connects to the motherboard for that matter. ;)  

You could probably remove some of those fans, cable manage a bit, and you would have an awesome and quiet gaming system.  I noticed in your video that it was a bit loud, but that is fine if i doesn't bother you. ;)

OMG Please someone help me! I put in my new EVGA P55 Le that I got, and everything is a mess. 

On boot my Internet card had an error code; "This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system. (Code 12)"

Now I found a work around. I can disable it, the enable it, and it will ask for a restart. After it restarts I have internet and everything is working. <-(wont un-bold?)  

as you can imagine doing this everyday gets annoying, so I wanted to know if anybody might know a fix? I haven't messed around with the BIOS too much, mainly because I'm a noob when it comes to messing around in the BIOS. 

I have a YouTube video on it so you can see it. 

Also another little Issue, whenever I let it go on sleep, I have to turn the computer off to get it to turn back on. clicking the mouse makes it boot for a second, then turn off again. Workaround for that is I just set it so it never goes on sleep. Still would like to buff out all the glitches I can. 

Specs 

Mobo; EVGA P55 Le

GPU; GTX 470

PSU; 680W 

CPU; i7 860 2.8GHz

RAM; 8GB

Storage; 1TB Harddrive 

Network Adapter; Dell Wireless 1505 WLAN Mini-Card 

• 2 weeks later...

If you can use wired internet, that should solve your problem.  If you need the wireless flexibility, I have the same wifi card in an older system and it was a pain to get working.  If you can post a well lit picture of the inside of your computer, that would be great.  I am thinking that a driver reinstall might fix the problem.  

Here is the download link for the dell drivers:

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails?driverId=NX6F9

Click on Download File and then continue.

If this doesn't solve the problem, post back with the results and we can go from there.  I hope this helps!

I'd say its a problem with the drivers for the dell adapter. Do you have any information on the adapter? I.E. a Serial number, model number, anything? 

See, most wireless adapters I have found are either realtek based, broadcom based, or linksys. That adapter is probably a re-branded broadcom. Take a look at your driver for it in device manager. First, try finding online what the base driver for that model adapter is and installing it after uninstalling the dell one. If not, you can let windows search for one locally or online if you get it functioning just for that task. Since you most likely won't be connected tot he internet for that time period, windows has a set of drivers it installs with that it will scan through. Sometimes a generic broadcom driver will install. 

If you can use wired internet, that should solve your problem. If you need the wireless flexibility, I have the same wifi card in an older system and it was a pain to get working. If you can post a well lit picture of the inside of your computer, that would be great. I am thinking that a driver reinstall might fix the problem.

Here is the download link for the dell drivers:

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails?driverId=NX6F9

Click on Download File and then continue.

If this doesn't solve the problem, post back with the results and we can go from there. I hope this helps!

Uhhh, I ran into a.... thing.. D: I'll get that picture of inside of my rig

post-13194-0-59333500-1368583868.png

post-13194-0-59333500-1368583868.png

That is a very cool build!  Try taking the fan covering the pci slots out and putting the card in the 6th slot from the top.  Power off the computer and unplug the power supply before moving expansion cards, or anything else that directly connects to the motherboard for that matter. ;)  

You could probably remove some of those fans, cable manage a bit, and you would have an awesome and quiet gaming system.  I noticed in your video that it was a bit loud, but that is fine if i doesn't bother you. ;)

I need those fans, trust me! My parents like it to be 80 in the house at all times, and my i7 and 470 contribute a lot of heat to my room  plus they need as much fresh air as I can get. You can sort of see I used some screws to mount the fans away from the side panel which made it much quieter. The loudest fan is the CPU fan, but that's not my only issue because my PSU like to coil whine a lot. I'm saving so much money so by next year I can have a quiet gaming PC. 

tl;dr fans keep system from overheat! :D

and I will try that tomorrow before i turn it on, thanks for your help! (It's a pain booting this computer again sometimes)

I can also drill another hole in the floor for a cable. There is one from my PS3 across the room from when I played console games that I can use. 

I will say, troubleshooting can be a pain in the butt and then some.  I hope we can reach a solution!