HELP ME FIX MY DJI MAVIC AIR (SIGNAL ISSUES)

having problems with my DJI mavic air it has small video transmission signal range, I've seen many reviews of this drone reaching more than 500m but sadly mine doesn't. Already updated and even refreshed the firmware of the drone and remote, also tried different wifi channels like 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz, also tried going on a isolated area away from interference on signal but still has little range, on a small town drone could only fly max of 90m and on isolated mountain only 400m. i have not tried using a range booster because i believe the stock mavic air can fly easily over 1000m. Already tried moving away from objects that can interfere with the signal, also did properly place the antenna and also  using a phone with no sim. (USING THE DJI CONTROLLER)

Capture.PNG

5 minutes ago, CinemaJoshua said:

having problems with my DJI mavic air it has small video transmission signal range, already updated and even refreshed the firmware of the drone and remote, also tried different wifi channels like 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz, also tried going on a isolated area away from interference on signal but still has little range, on a small town drone could only fly max of 90m and on isolated mountain only 400m. i have not tried using a range booster because i believe the stock mavic air can fly easily over 1000m. Already tried moving away from objects that can interfere with the signal, also did properly place the antenna and also  using a phone with no sim

Taken straight from their website:

image.png.f608713930cfed9747f9f8cbb8b5fecf.png  

2 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Taken straight from their website:

image.png.f608713930cfed9747f9f8cbb8b5fecf.png  

HEHE my bad didn't mention I was using the dji controller not the app

1 minute ago, CinemaJoshua said:

HEHE my bad didn't mention I was using the dji controller not the app

Do you still have warranty on the products? It's strange then that it doesn't work. Maybe check if the internal antenna cables of the drone are still good? A good test would be to try it with the app and see if it still goes as far. If it does then it may be with the remote. If it doesn't then you have ruled out the fact that the remote is broken as a phone has much less range on it's wifi connectivity.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

Do you still have warranty on the products? It's strange then that it doesn't work. Maybe check if the internal antenna cables of the drone are still good? A good test would be to try it with the app and see if it still goes as far. If it does then it may be with the remote. If it doesn't then you have ruled out the fact that the remote is broken as a phone has much less range on it's wifi connectivity.

ok, i'll try using the app

11 hours ago, ColinLTT said:

Sounds like you have a dead antenna. It should a little MMCX connector inside the drone, iFixit might have a teardown for you to peruse. 

correct me if i'm wrong but if the antennas dead it shouldn't reach 400 meters right?

Tbh I use the range extender and point the controller towards the drone and it helped. Also just to be sure don’t take off in Atti mode , wait to hit 9 gps signals before takeoff